WORKING - Siphon Fuel Script

Hmm, interesting, anyone else getting this kind of issue?:

5:59:15 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf not found
5:59:15 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf not found

And it keeps going down the list of ALL the files under the dayz_code. This some type of initialization error on my part?

Make sure you change the location of siphon.sqf for your mission fixes scripts folder.

Thanks, fixed that.

Another thing, maybe its just me. A fellow admin and I were testing this script. Interestingly enough, while he was sitting inside the vehicle, I could siphon and fuel the car, but it wouldn't adjust the fuel level, but I would get "free fuel" or lose the fuel when putting it back in.

If he jumped out and we did it again, the fuel level would adjust accordingly. We were also testing the vehicle salvaging scripts at the same time and the same thing would occur. If he was sitting inside, I could rip off a tire, get the tire in my inv but it would still appear to be on the car and he could still drive

That being said, I think your script is fine, maybe something else is hindering this?

Thoughts?

Works great, thanks man.
Have noticed that when i jump in a vehicle the siphon fuel option pops up for a second in the middle of the screen.

I can siphon infinite fuel from both versions of the bikes. How can we fix this? Maybe we can exclude the siphon option from a list or something?

In fn_damageActions.sqf add something like:
Code:
_isBike =  (cursorTarget isKindOf "Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1" || cursorTarget isKindOf "Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1");

Then change:

Code:
if ((fuel _unit > 0) and _hasJerryE) then {

to:

Code:
if ((fuel _unit > 0) and _hasJerryE and !_isBike) then {

I rent in Dayz.st and I do not know where to put the dayz_code, I put it in the dayz_mission.pbo, but I think I'm wrong, if someone can tell me:

The location of dayz_code in dayz.st

If this script works in the end, or if you have a link to a simpler script.

Regards

I rent in Dayz.st and I do not know where to put the dayz_code, I put it in the dayz_mission.pbo, but I think I'm wrong, if someone can tell me:

The location of dayz_code in dayz.st

If this script works in the end, or if you have a link to a simpler script.

Regards

You need to grab the dayz_code from your steam\steamapps\common\ArmA2 Operations Arrowhead (Or w/e)\@dayz\dayz_code. I use dayz.st also, and mine is in my main directory of my dayzmission.pbo.

Thanks for this script, it works great! Except the option for siphoning fuel is invisible. Any help? Thanks!

I can still select the option, btw.

I can not change the dayz_code by FTP, in dayz.st he refuses me, can you tell me your approach?

And if someone could take all the explanation of the code simply for novices:

Solution change dayz_code and alternative, all distinct, because it's a little confusion.

Cordially.

I can not change the dayz_code by FTP, in dayz.st he refuses me, can you tell me your approach?

And if someone could take all the explanation of the code simply for novices:

Solution change dayz_code and alternative, all distinct, because it's a little confusion.

Cordially.

No, I can't access my dayz_code using FTP either. I don't think dayz.st allows that. There are tutorials on how to find a work-around. For instance, rather than accessing dayz_code\comile\fn_selfActions.sqf from your server, you want to change the directory from '\z\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf', to 'dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf' whenever it asks for a directory. And as long as your dayz_code folder is in your dayz_mission.pbo's main directory, it should find the file in that path.

Sorry if you don't get it. I suck at explaining things sometimes. :/ I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you for responding so quickly, I appreciate it.
So I followed the tutorial, changing the dayz_code, and I transferred by ftp replacing the dayz_code, it seems to work since the size of dayz_cde changed.

I signed the new dayz_code, but the fuel siphon does not work.

I do not understand or is wrong.

If you veus well take a look.

All other changes are in the dayz_mission.pbo and seems to work correctly.

dayz_code.pbo (1.9 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!nARCQBrR!OfiZYCh3NUM-YQXzakpTX1pi7v0XlUAHaHUCsWtIKCs

dayz_mission.pbo (719 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!LYxzmAbY!Q2OeriLHOIqQLG-vmFXvWzpYczh7YYLm7Qrt2MAEjp4

dayz_server.pbo (68 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!DZBWXLqC!L-q9Rxv37Qd9aFraqlQipFf9Z8Vm85PpDZaleL4FKdM

Regards

First off, my Dayz_code is inside my mission.pbo directory. I never used FTP to import it into my files.

All is working now:

siphon + strip part + self blood + tente recup +auto refuel + addin dog

I tried to put everything away neatly in folders, so that there is the compiles.sqf which is the root, the rest is in the files (fixed, debug, addin ...)

Addin all anomaly removed, working dog.

I put later all my files for another admin

All is working now:

siphon + strip part + self blood + tente recup +auto refuel + addin dog

I tried to put everything away neatly in folders, so that there is the compiles.sqf which is the root, the rest is in the files (fixed, debug, addin ...)

Addin all anomaly removed, working dog.

I put later all my files for another admin
Congrats! Do you think you can post your fn_damageActions.sqf code so I can compare? I must have done something wrong, because the option for siphoning is invisible, but it is there. Thanks!

Hey guys, me again :)
I have about everything else out there in my Tavi 2.0 server along with a few of my own. As it stands I have coppied syphon.sqf into my fixes folder, and then in my dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf, I added
Code:
fnc_usec_damageActions =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_damageActions.sqf";        //siphons fuel
at the end.

I changed nothing in my Init.sqf as it is already set to call compiles.sqf from dayz_code. I also didnt add anything to fn_selfActions.....was I suppose to?

Finally, in fixes\fn_damageAction I added:
Code:
//CAN WE SIPHON THE OBJECT?
            r_action = true;
            _action = _unit addAction [format[localize "<t color='#0096ff'>str_actions_siphon_1</t>",_typeVeh],"siphon\siphon.sqf",[_unit], 0, true, true, "", "'ItemJerrycanEmpty' in magazines player"];
            r_player_actions set [count r_player_actions,_action];
        };
directly below:
Code:
//CAN WE REFUEL THE OBJECT?
        if ((fuel _unit < 1) and _hasJerry) then {
            r_action = true;
            _action = _unit addAction [format[localize "str_actions_medical_10",_typeVeh], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\refuel.sqf",[_unit], 0, true, true, "", "'ItemJerrycan' in magazines player"];
        };

Im not sure if this is correct or not but we'll give it a try and post back.

Ok then...this did not work. I tested it by refueling a truck so that id now have an empty Jerry can. I thin scrolled on it to get all the repair options, strip options, tow option, and one extra blank/invisible spot that does nothing when selected. Something seems off about what Ive read here thus far. Seems there should be something added to selfactions. Im not sure where im going wrong here. Any advice?

I think I know why as far as the invisible option. I'm working on that now. I'm a bit scatter brained today tho and therefore can't get the siphon to work at all. I've successfully managed to confuse myself again!

You're getting a blank scroll option cause you simply refuse to read the whole topic properly...
I will spear your pain:

Code:
            r_action = true;
            _action = _unit addAction [format["Siphon fuel from %1",_typeVeh], "fixes\siphon.sqf",[_unit], 0, true,true, "", "'ItemJerrycanEmpty' in magazines player"];
        };

You can also use the code from this post to block players from siphoning fuel by using bicycles.

Back