1.7.6.1 Full moon nights

Hoplit

Hey Guys!

I saw a tutorial about how to make full moon nights, but it doesn't work.
Anybody have a working code/script for it? I only have access for mission.pbo and server.pbo
  • Open dayz_server.pbo\system\server_monitor.sqf
  • Find the line:
//Set the Time
_key = "CHILD:307:";
  • You'll see a line:
_date = _result select 1;

• Change that to:
_date = [2012,8,31,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4];

• Where 2012,8,31 is the date you prefer. YYYY,M,D
  • Open dayz_server.pbo\system\server_cleanup.fsm
  • Find:
"_key = ""CHILD:307:"";" \n

• Underneath you will see:
" _date = _result select 1; " \n

• Change that to:
" _date = [2012,8,31,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4]; " \n

• Match the date that you wrote in the previous file
  • Repack the server.pbo and you're ready to go

using that way. at random points my server gets a lag spike and the moon is gone.. then ppl have to relog to get the moon back.. anyone got an idear for a fix ?

How do I fix the time reset to 12:30pm using dayz.st? I have followed the http://sponsored.dayz.st/wiki/index.php?title=Full_Moon_Nights tutorial and still get the 12:30pm restart time. :(

Hey! Try to do this:

Code:
Open dayz_server.pbo\system\server_monitor.sqf
Find the line:
//Set the Time
You'll see a line:

Change that to:
_date = [2013,8,10,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4];

Where 2012,8,31 is the date you prefer. YYYY,M,D
Open dayz_server.pbo\system\server_cleanup.fsm
Find:

Underneath you will see:
" _date = _result select 1; " \n

Change that to:
" _date = [2013,8,10,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4]; " \n

Match the date that you wrote in the previous file
Repack the server.pbo and you're ready to go

I had tried that first and I couldn't get past Requesting Authentication. It would hang for 30-45 seconds and kick me with "Something went wrong! Disconnect and try again!" with disconnecting and trying again yielding the same results. Am I editing the pbo incorrectly??

First attempt using 8/10/2013, 2nd attempt using 8/31/2012. The second attempt lets me in the server but resets the time to 12:30pm.

are you still using the same pbo from awhile back? It changes with each update. Or atleast I have had to get the default every dayz patch and re-add the code I use.

Get the default and copy any code you have from the one you are currently using. Sorry if this is confusing.

That's alright, EpOcH91. I really appreciate the help. I would download the 1.7.5.1 copy from http://sponsored.dayz.st/wiki/index.php?title=Full_Moon_Nights and just edit the dates in that pbo. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to editing so the less I can screw up the better.

Gotta be honest, I'm not sure if I'm editing the pbo correctly as that seems to be the most confusing part.

For example, can I just right click the pbo, edit the pbo with NotePad++, make the changes and save? Or is there another process?

Edit: Just picked up the default 1.7.6.1 dayz_server.pbo. Just wondering how to edit it properly.

Follow up: I had extracted the pbo to a folder, edited the files with the 8/10/2013 and created a .pbo from the folder. Uploaded it to dayz.st and the server wouldn't start. :( Including the .pbo so you fellas can tell me how royally I screwed up!

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
Ok so once you download it, use PBO Manager to extract it. Right click on the .pbo and select PBO Manager -> extract to dayz_server/

Once it finishes. Find the folder. It should be called dayz_server. In there find server_monitor.sqf and server_cleanup.fsm. Right click on both of those and select edit with Notepad++.

In server_monitor find

Code:

Change that to:

Code:
_date = [2012,6,6,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4];

It should look something like this:

Code:
//Set the Time
    //Send request
    _result = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;
    _outcome = _result select 0;
    if(_outcome == "PASS") then {
        _date = [2012,6,6,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4];
        if(isDedicated) then {
            ["dayzSetDate",_date] call broadcastRpcCallAll;
        };

diag_log ("HIVE: Local Time set to " + str(_date));
    };

Save it.

Now onto your server_cleanup. Find:

Code:
"    _date = _result select 1; " \n

change it to

Code:
"    _date = [2012,6,6,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4]; " \n

It should look like:

Code:
/*%FSM<STATE "sync_the_time">*/
    class sync_the_time
    {
      name = "sync_the_time";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"//Send request" \n
      "_result = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;" \n
      "_outcome = _result select 0;" \n
      "if(_outcome == ""PASS"") then {" \n
      "    _date = [2012,6,6,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4]; " \n
      "    _dateNum = dateToNumber(_date); " \n
      "    _diff = ( _dateNum - dateToNumber (date) )*365*24*60;" \n
      "    if ( abs(_diff)>5 ) then {" \n
      "        [""dayzSetDate"",_date] call broadcastRpcCallAll;" \n
      "        diag_log (""TIME SYNC: Local Time set to "" + str(_date));" \n
      "    };" \n
      "};" \

Save it.

Then close notepad++ and right click on the folder. Select PBO Manager and select "Pack into dayz_server.pbo". Then upload it to your server.

Hope this helps.

I too am new so i am not sure if this is actually helpful haha.

If you wish, I can upload mine when I get home or help you via skype.

You, sir, deserve all the beans. Will try this asap.

Edit: Followed all the steps perfectly but got stuck on "Select PBO Manager and select "Pack into dayz_server.pbo"." I right click on the folder and the only option I have related to pbo's is "create PBO" nothing to do with PBO Manager. Is this correct? I have PBO Manager 1.4 BETA

Also, I looked at yours, You had some things the the very top of your server_cleanup.fsm, not sure if you had them there for another script, etc.

I took them out so try this. Just make sure you rename it to dayz_server.

EDIT: Yea, pack it into a PBO. I may have an older version.

Attachments

• dayz_server_djtoothdecay.pbo
    70.3 KB · Views: 11
I can't thank you guys enough for all your help. I'm a bit busy right now but will try your .pbo the second I can. THANK YOU!!!!!

Tried the new .pbo Renamed it dayz_server.pbo, uploaded it, and the server wouldn't start. So saaaaaad. :(

Edit: Tried editing a default dayz_server.pbo properly with the date 8/10/2013. Couldn't get past Requesting Authentication without d/c'ing yet again.

Back