1.7.6.1 Full moon nights

It may be dayz.st, if thats the host you are using. I believe they have been having issues. Not sure though. Send me a PM, and I'll continue to help. I know the Seattle node is offline atm. And i remember seeing some forum posts about servers not restarting.

Yeah, it's dayz.st. I'll keep trying and reading some forums to see if the issue gets fixed. Thanks for all the help, truly. At the very least I know how to properly edit pbos now, thanks to you! BEANS!!

So i have added the "full moon" script, but do i also need to change my HiveExt.ini ?
Code:
[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Local
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
;Year = 2012
;Month = 1
;Date = 1

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Local
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour =

I am using reality server pack and this is what i used when my server was 24/7 daytime . I would make time - static
10am and set BE script to restart every 4 hours(reseting the time back to 10am) the script has now broke "static" so i cannot do what i wanted which is something like 3 hours day, 1 hour night full moon. Does anyone have experience in this and can help me? the only thing that works right now is local time and i definitely don't want that.

-Bump- Can anyone please help me with this, how to make daylight a specific amount of time e.g. 3 hours then switch to nighttime for a specific amount e.g. 1 hour then repeat this (restarts are set every 4 hours)
This is something i REALLY do need on my server. Possibly the most important thing for me. Since people only play a few hours, and usually at a specific time - they will only get to experience either day or night depending what time they log on. I want them to experience both and having it change up would make it more fun

Hmm....

Hive.ini :

Code:
[Time]
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;Offset = 0
;These 2 settings only apply if using Static type (Custom date/time on every server start)
;The value (0-24) to set the Hour to, if commented or empty then the hour won't be changed
Hour = 0
;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed
Date = 6.6.2013

result in logs:

Code:
2013-03-09 22:30:49 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 307 Params:
2013-03-09 22:30:49 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["PASS",[2013,6,6,0,30]]

Hmm i thougt they broke this code in 1.7.5.1, so it's working again 1.7.6.1? Im using Dayz.st i had it working in 1.7.4

dayz.st writes the ini on each reboot, so this cannot be changed there. That is why we go through the other process to get full moon nights.

Try 8/10/2013 for a nicer full moon night.

Not sure about you guys, just had issues with the pbo's, had to re-download and re-edit them, have noticed a couple changes in them. Most importantly, within a few minutes of loading, the server will cut from day to night, and not be full moon- despite the 10Sep2013 code being placed. Can't seem to find what's triggering that, anyone have any ideas or similar problems?

Just in case you are still looking for an answer. No code changes needed. All that is needed is the change to your hive ini. Here is mine:

Code:
[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Static
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
Year = 2013
Month = 8
Date = 10

[Time]
;Type = Custom
Type = Custom
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 11
Offset = -5
;The value (DD/MM/YYYY) to set the Date to, if commented or empty then the date won't be changed
Date = 8.10.2013

I found two ways to set the date so I put in both not sure which is working, but one of them is. Again I changed no server files other than this ini for full moon nights.

Back