Anybody had any success with Chernarus AI boat patrols?

Yea custom..iwas just going to do black list area..before and after,,another place they get hung is the port at elektro..that is not custom

i used to add in custom ai thru the Dayz Editor.. and its actually pretty easy,, only problem was that sometimes it would stop players from getting into vehicles.. i can try to help with doing this for anyone willing to try.. just let me know i think i still have my old PBO and if i look thru it i can figure out how i used to do it. i jut remember it was very simple..

if you wanted to add custom vehilces, you just had to add them to the list..
when i added the
ALIENZ mod by icebreaker
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20769

i was able to use the alien vehicles and weapons, made them patrol cherno in a UFO.. but those motherFu**ers were STRONG.. had to spawn in alien vehicles to take it down.. it was AMAZING tho...

anyway anyone needing any help let me know

If you wanted to add custom vehicled, you just had to add them to the list...

What list?????

i used to add in custom ai thru the Dayz Editor.. and its actually pretty easy,, only problem was that sometimes it would stop players from getting into vehicles.. i can try to help with doing this for anyone willing to try.. just let me know i think i still have my old PBO and if i look thru it i can figure out how i used to do it. i jut remember it was very simple..

when i added the
ALIENZ mod by icebreaker

i was able to use the alien vehicles and weapons, made them patrol cherno in a UFO.. but those motherFu**ers were STRONG.. had to spawn in alien vehicles to take it down.. it was AMAZING tho...

anyway anyone needing any help let me know
the issue is the stock AI dont behave to well in DayZ thats why we have DZAI, WAI, SARGEAI, etc :)
and the stock AI dont attack zombies or each other and setting up a patrol in the editor using waypoints is just a pain in the arse :) also most of the annoying bugs with AI are handled very well in the above mentiond mods, there also customisable and allow you to set gear, vehicles types for patrols areas to spawn and alot more :) plus you dont need to know how to use the editor

If you wanted to add custom vehicle, you just had to add them to the list...

What list?????
theres a bit more to it than that, if you add custom anything your players also need to download it, but take overpoch for example, you add @dayzoverwatch to your start up line and then epoch has access to the assets in overwatch, so to add a new vehicle you get its class name and add it to your traders and/or your dynamic vehicle spawn in the server PBO

they did attack ,, me and other players,, the problem was they would kill some server funcitons.. either the traders would stop working or the players couldnt get into the cars..

and the list i was refering to , the name escapes me, but i believe it was serverside..

i merely expressing what i did over a year ago. and im sure things have changed now with more updates.. i cant wait to get my hands dirty again.

thanks for the insight tho.. i know i will be taking your advice, as you know alot more than me.. thanks again.. and great job..

they did attack ,, me and other players,, the problem was they would kill some server funcitons.. either the traders would stop working or the players couldnt get into the cars..

and the list i was refering to , the name escapes me, but i believe it was serverside..

i merely expressing what i did over a year ago. and im sure things have changed now with more updates.. i cant wait to get my hands dirty again.

thanks for the insight tho.. i know i will be taking your advice, as you know alot more than me.. thanks again.. and great job..
no offence meant was just pointing out that things have changed massively, you be pleasantly surprised with what the community has come up with in the last year :) also i may appear to be a guru but there are much more talented people on here than me, i just patch/stitch things together and help with what i can, im yet to actually make anything my self from scratch :)

A bit explaining:
Why Zombies don't attack AI, is how the fsm File handles the behaviour of Zombies (it checks for near players).
Why AI don't attack Zombies by default, is Zombies are not created as units, they are created as Agents so they are independent and belonging to no faction (west, east, resistance) or group.
The factions control if a unit is friend or foe.
It can be that vehicles also have a faction, why sometimes you can't get in vehicles. (The owner of the vehicle changes with the driver)
The factions are the mainreason why you can't get easyli friendly or hostile ai in relation to the humanity of a player. In Dayz Players are always belonging to faction west, bandits and heros(survivors).

Let ai react more intelligent, needs to edit the danger.fsm file, what describes the behaviour of a unit in a matter of danger (hear shots, find a corpse, get hit etc.)
The default fsm let the unit break out of a formation and react solo, also ignore waypoints.

The difficulties to edit these files, exchange the behaviour of ai, is the lack of information/documentation of these files.

I hope that solved a few questions.

A bit explaining:
Why Zombies don't attack AI, is how the fsm File handles the behaviour of Zombies (it checks for near players).
Why AI don't attack Zombies by default, is Zombies are not created as units, they are created as Agents so they are independent and belonging to no faction (west, east, resistance) or group.
The factions control if a unit is friend or foe.
It can be that vehicles also have a faction, why sometimes you can't get in vehicles. (The owner of the vehicle changes with the driver)
The factions are the mainreason why you can't get easyli friendly or hostile ai in relation to the humanity of a player. In Dayz Players are always belonging to faction west, bandits and heros(survivors).

Let ai react more intelligent, needs to edit the danger.fsm file, what describes the behaviour of a unit in a matter of danger (hear shots, find a corpse, get hit etc.)
The default fsm let the unit break out of a formation and react solo, also ignore waypoints.

The difficulties to edit these files, exchange the behaviour of ai, is the lack of information/documentation of these files.

I hope that solved a few questions.

your on the right track.. all you really have to do is set the friendly to
Blufor
Opfor
or independent..
they will attack i have done this.. here is what it looked like partial code

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
activateAddons ["zetaborn", "soc"];
initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter resistance;
_this setFriend [east, 0];
_this setFriend [west, 0]; in this area is where you set the friendly level
_this setFriend [civilian, 0];
_center_1 = _this;

_group_1 = createGroup _center_1;

_unit_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_12", [32.427765, 1618.7657, -5.8002734], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_2 = _this;
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (false) then {_group_1 selectLeader _this;};
};

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["soc", [56.781612, 1594.5291, 1.4305115e-006], [], 0, "FLY"];
_vehicle_1 = _this;
_this setPos [56.781612, 1594.5291, 1.4305115e-006];
};

_unit_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_alien", [19.738625, 1575.7488, -5.6390214], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_1 = _this;
_this moveInCommander _vehicle_1;
_this moveInCargo _vehicle_1;
if (true) then {_group_1 selectLeader _this;};
};

_this = _group_1 addWaypoint [[64.855408, 1747.4644, -32.393272], 0];
_this setWaypointCombatMode "WHITE";
_this setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_this setWaypointBehaviour "COMBAT";
_waypoint_0 = _this;

_this = _group_1 addWaypoint [[286.9147, 1707.9712, -26.540501], 0];
_waypoint_1 = _this;

_this = _group_1 addWaypoint [[225.58405, 1518.9707, -1.0388173], 0];
_waypoint_2 = _this;

_this = _group_1 addWaypoint [[60.625698, 1499.9294, -4.9872751], 0];
_waypoint_4 = _this;

_unit_3 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_9", [50.756432, 1520.0355, -5.8944297], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_3 = _this;
};

_unit_4 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_13", [71.904945, 1570.1056, -6], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_4 = _this;
_this moveInDriver _vehicle_1;
};

_unit_5 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_10", [96.578209, 1539.7815, -5.3749895], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_5 = _this;
_this moveInGunner _vehicle_1;
};

_unit_6 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_alien5", [-16.213827, 1554.5911, -3.3413911], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_6 = _this;
};

_unit_7 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_1 createUnit ["zetaborn_alien8", [-1.4098654, 1505.9308, -4.399251], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_7 = _this;
};

_unit_10 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_0 createUnit ["US_Soldier_AA_EP1", [-71.904938, 1925.1808, -45.366238], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_10 = _this;
if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

when i added the
ALIENZ mod by icebreaker

do you know if its possible to get this working on my overpoch server so I can use it's assets?
I've added it to my start up options but for some reason I get kicked when I try to join (no errors in .rpt) but I have noticed it isn't loading the ARMA 2 assets?

Yes it should me possible. But remember your going to have to create a zip or link for other players to also be Abe to expirience this awesome addon. They must have it installed

Yes it should me possible. But remember your going to have to create a zip or link for other players to also be Abe to expirience this awesome addon. They must have it installed
Yeah... I've got it working (it's awesome) :cool:. Like you say I need to make sure others can get it... But enjoying running round as a zetaborn by myself at the mo lol... And the FireDance script is hilarious as an Alien :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Glad to see it making you smile. May all others enjoy your new level or awesomeness.

And all credit goes to icebreaker for making the mod.

Indeed!!! it looks fantastic
646E98F017FAD98E605C74A807D8EB1F44811352

You should also consider adding the hazmat units to the server so people can see that you have all units associated with aliens. And also that alien mod includes special delta force units to battle them as we'll be sure to add those in and make them accessible to your players as you are going to need their weapons.

Back