Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Ok I am at a loss. I just did a clean restart and followed all your instructions rosska, and now when I try to log on to my server it get through the lobby screen and then it just sits there and stays on the loading screen right before it does the server authentication. I have tried installing it multiple times all with different errors but this last time I followed the instructions word for word.

Hi there !

I have an issue with BB1.2 and epoch 1.0.2.3. In fact two...
1 - My items are not saved in the DB : I can make them and just when they are complete, they disapears...
2 - It is requiring plot pole and it is quite disapointing as the plot pole as not the same function in epoch 1.0.2.3 than in previous version (it was mandatory to build, now it is only saving the builds)...
Code:
_isPole = (_classname == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ");

_distance = 30;
if(_isPole) then {
    _distance = 200;
};
// check for near plot
_findNearestPoles = nearestObjects [(vehicle player), ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"], _distance];
_findNearestPole = [];
{if (alive _x) then {_findNearestPole set [(count _findNearestPole),_x];};} foreach _findNearestPoles;

_IsNearPlot = count (_findNearestPole);

// If item is plot pole and another one exists within 200m
if(_isPole and _IsNearPlot > 0) exitWith {  TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["Cannot build plot pole within 200m of an existing plot." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if(_IsNearPlot == 0) then {

// Allow building of plot
    if(_isPole) then {
        _canBuildOnPlot = true;   
    };

} else {
    // Since there are plots nearby we check for ownership and then for friend status

_nearestPole = _findNearestPole select 0;

// Find owner
    _ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable["CharacterID","0"];

// diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING: %1 = %2", dayz_characterID, _ownerID];

// check if friendly to owner
    if(dayz_playerUID == _ownerID) then {
        // owner can build anything within his plot except other plots
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _canBuildOnPlot = true;
        };

} else {
        // disallow building plot
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _friendlies        = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];
            if(_ownerID in _friendlies) then {
                _canBuildOnPlot = true;
            };
        };
    };

};

// _message
if(!_canBuildOnPlot) exitWith {  TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["Building requires plot pole within 30m." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

Do someone have a working version ?

Many thanks !

Sry for the late answer

Everything on the server_functions seems to be right. Who is Hosting your Server? What Version are you using exactly and Pastbin the other files you changed in the server.pbo

It's all good. I am using XstreamGaming, 1.8 (haven't updated to .0.1)
http://pastebin.com/w2wENrNw server_monitor (edited using the instructions in "BB edits for 1.8")
http://pastebin.com/FFUknHbh server_updateObjects
http://pastebin.com/TnNWqH3m server_publishObjects

I can not see anything wrong in your files. Have you used the default file from your host? I had some Problems because i used an other source for my server.pbo

Ok I am at a loss. I just did a clean restart and followed all your instructions rosska, and now when I try to log on to my server it get through the lobby screen and then it just sits there and stays on the loading screen right before it does the server authentication. I have tried installing it multiple times all with different errors but this last time I followed the instructions word for word.

If the server isn't loading it will always tell your why in the RPT log.

Post your rpt log

seaweeduk: good idea ^^

Now i have noticed a big problem on my server. For some reason the vehicles do not get updated in the DB :confused:

EDIT: server_updateobject.sqf
Somehow its not only the vehicles its everything now (Tents, Vehicles, etc.) I tried to do it like i did before but sadly no result

Hi there !

I have an issue with BB1.2 and epoch 1.0.2.3. In fact two...
1 - My items are not saved in the DB : I can make them and just when they are complete, they disapears...
2 - It is requiring plot pole and it is quite disapointing as the plot pole as not the same function in epoch 1.0.2.3 than in previous version (it was mandatory to build, now it is only saving the builds)...
Code:
_isPole = (_classname == "Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ");

_distance = 30;
if(_isPole) then {
    _distance = 200;
};
// check for near plot
_findNearestPoles = nearestObjects [(vehicle player), ["Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ"], _distance];
_findNearestPole = [];
{if (alive _x) then {_findNearestPole set [(count _findNearestPole),_x];};} foreach _findNearestPoles;

_IsNearPlot = count (_findNearestPole);

// If item is plot pole and another one exists within 200m
if(_isPole and _IsNearPlot > 0) exitWith {  TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["Cannot build plot pole within 200m of an existing plot." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

if(_IsNearPlot == 0) then {

// Allow building of plot
    if(_isPole) then {
        _canBuildOnPlot = true; 
    };

} else {
    // Since there are plots nearby we check for ownership and then for friend status

_nearestPole = _findNearestPole select 0;

// Find owner
    _ownerID = _nearestPole getVariable["CharacterID","0"];

// diag_log format["DEBUG BUILDING: %1 = %2", dayz_characterID, _ownerID];

if(dayz_playerUID == _ownerID) then {
        // owner can build anything within his plot except other plots
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _canBuildOnPlot = true;
        };

} else {
        // disallow building plot
        if(!_isPole) then {
            _friendlies        = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];
            if(_ownerID in _friendlies) then {
                _canBuildOnPlot = true;
            };
        };
    };

};

// _message
if(!_canBuildOnPlot) exitWith {  TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["Building requires plot pole within 30m." , "PLAIN DOWN"]; };

Do someone have a working version ?

Many thanks !

Someone could help me ?

seaweeduk: good idea ^^

Now i have noticed a big problem on my server. For some reason the vehicles do not get updated in the DB :confused:

EDIT: server_updateobject.sqf
Somehow its not only the vehicles its everything now (Tents, Vehicles, etc.) I tried to do it like i did before but sadly no result

Not sure how but your file has quite a few errors in it. It's missing a lot of quotes, has an extra { or two and a couple of lines that I'm not even sure what they are there for. Here's a copy of mine, you can either use it to compare and try to fix yours, or if those extra lines in yours aren't actually used by a script then just replace yours with mine (it already has the Sarge exception that yours has, but without the extra { on the end).

Link

Someone could help me ?

I'm afraid none of us lot use Epoch. From what I've seen in other posts, nobody has gotten this working with the current version of Epoch yet.

Not sure how but your file has quite a few errors in it. It's missing a lot of quotes, has an extra { or two and a couple of lines that I'm not even sure what they are there for. Here's a copy of mine, you can either use it to compare and try to fix yours, or if those extra lines in yours aren't actually used by a script then just replace yours with mine (it already has the Sarge exception that yours has, but without the extra { on the end).

Link

THANK YOU! With your file the database is now updating. I will watch this if its working now as it should, but as far as i can see it does. Thank you so much!

THANK YOU! With your file the database is now updating. I will watch this if its working now as it should, but as far as i can see it does. Thank you so much!

Oh man, sorry to be a pain, but I just noticed a small error in my own file so figured I'd best tell you now because you'll probably have troubles with it too. If the server starts updating objects when somebody is placing a tent, the tent will vanish.

You need to open the server_updateObject.sqf of mine that you're using and find
Code:
if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
    {
        _object_position = getPosATL _object;
            diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]",
            typeOf _object,
            _object_position select 0,
            _object_position select 1,
            _object_position select 2];
            _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

Change that too
Code:
if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if ((typeOf _object) in SafeObjects) then {

} else {
        if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
        {
            _object_position = getPosATL _object;
                diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]",
                typeOf _object,
                _object_position select 0,
                _object_position select 1,
                _object_position select 2];
                _isNotOk = true;
        };
    };
};

Sorry about that man.

my rpt log has 25000+ lines. Do you want me to pastebin it or just look for something specific? Pastebin only allows 500kb, it is 2.17mb.

my rpt log has 25000+ lines. Do you want me to pastebin it or just look for something specific? Pastebin only allows 500kb, it is 2.17mb.

Well we only need the bit from the most recent attempt to start up the server. Each time the server starts it should log something like this
Code:
Exe timestamp: 2013/06/09 08:48:55
Current time:  2013/10/09 00:31:40
Obviously dates and times may vary. Pastebin everything below the most recent attempted start so we can see where it's going wrong. :)

Back