Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Yeah i had sandbags and other stuff. i can build only sandbag wall

Might be a silly question, but it's an error a lot of people make. Did you copy your fn_selfactions.sqf from the overwatch dayz_code.pbo and edit it to include the base building things, or did you use his file?
Hopefully you used your own and made sure to redirect to it from your init.sqf because the overwatch fn_selfactions.sqf is very different to the one he has included.

I didnt even find fn_selfaction.sqf from my sever files. That was little bit odd so i had to use his files. (I have vilayer server

I didnt even find fn_selfaction.sqf from my sever files. That was little bit odd so i had to use his files.

You don't take it from your server. Got to your local install location, then open the folder @DayzOverwatch then in addons find the dayz_code.pbo.
Copy that to somewhere away from your install and extract it, in there look for the 'compile' folder and in that you will find fn_selfActions.sqf.

You want to put that into your mission.pbo/dayz_code/compiles then make the adjustments for base building from the readme included.

Seems that im missing something here... I set that my fn_selfAction.sqf in same palce where those other fn_action.sqf was. Just to make clear those belongs to same folder wheres my description.ext and init.sqf is. (mission folder) ?

Seems that im missing something here... I set that my fn_selfAction.sqf in same palce where those other fn_action.sqf was. Just to make clear those belongs to same folder wheres my description.ext and init.sqf is. (mission folder) ?

description.ext and init.sqf should be in the root of your mission pbo. In the base building zip that you downloaded, there is a folder called 'dayz_1.world', your mission pbo directories should look like something like that.

Sorry for thease all question but this is harders script what i have been try to set in my server. So i download base building zip. I extract it (desktop) after that i will set -buildRecipeBook folder
-dayz_code folder
-build_recipe_dialog.hpp
-build_recipe_list_dialog.hpp
-defines.hpp.

in my mission folder? I think i need really easy guide for this one. So dayz_1.YOURWORLD.pbo is my mission file?

Sorry for thease all question but this is harders script what i have been try to set in my server. So i download base building zip. I extract it (desktop) after that i will set -buildRecipeBook folder
-dayz_code folder
-build_recipe_dialog.hpp
-build_recipe_list_dialog.hpp
-defines.hpp.
in my mission folder? I think i need really easy guide for this one. So dayz_1.YOURWORLD.pbo is my mission file?

Yes that's correct. The easiest guide you'll find is the one on git, it's not too difficult if you just take it one step at a time. :)

So I have everything working on Overwatch .0.2.4 on 1.7.7.1 except saving to the data base and the keypads are not working properly. you can build the keypads but all you can do is remove them. I am aware that base building 1.3 will be released soon but if anyone can help that would be great. I am not sure how to upload my PBO's to the forum.

THIS IS A SHOUTOUT TO SEAWEEDUK :D
Please dude help me save my sanity. i'm on day 4 now trying to get this to work on dayz.st 1.7.7.1 Chernarus.
this WHOLE day i have been reading all posts about possible fixes (yes all 51 pages of them), but all the fixes you have posted together with constricter and trying to mix them with the original guide on github is just tooo damn much (https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ) It dosen't make any sence, since the github is for 1.7.6.1 and there is NOTHING about how many of the steps to follow for 1.7.7.1.

My problem is that i followed ALL steps on github without any errors (merging the changes into my 1.7.7.1 files where needed) After i went through all the steps i applied your "Write to DB Fix" and still... nothing writes to the database. i get absolutely nothing in the hive log or in any other log for that matter regarding this script or anything that could break the write to DB process.

i can login to the server and i can build every single thing in the book. but i can't operate gates and such (i think due to the fact that it doesn't write the UID to the DB)
And after restart all the stuff i build is gone (due to the missing DB entry)
I can still after all the modifications add tents and save stuff in it without any problems so i haven't screwed up the DB.
also since i had some items in my DB with the same ID numbers as in the SQL script the guide tell us to run (tentStorage and such) i edited the id's in the script so it would fit into my DB and it worked like a charm, not all items have the same ID number as in the script he posted in the guide. And i don't think that the problem either since the script calls the class name and not the ID of the class.

So what i'm asking/begging/praying for is you and a computer mixed with some spare time and some good will, blended together to a step by step guide how to get this running on 1.7.7.1 (like the one on github)
Not a guide with links to posts that dosent explain half of what you actually need to do.

I'm thinking like, Copy this to that, edit this file and search for this and paste this code in after that. You get my point. This would also stop all the damn same question this topic is filled with. I don't know how many times i have seen the question "I can't click the build button, how to fix?" (Simple read the damn instruction on the screen or watch the YouTube video)

I have tried to merge this plugin to a default DayZ.ST server/mission and to my highly customized mission/server PBO and with the same result, can build but not write to the damn DB.

So just for the "fun" of it i'm going to try one more time. I have Dayz.st server 1.7.7.1 Chernarus

i have come to this point in the guide on github
https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBui...ects-not-removing-from-database-after-restart
In "dayz_1.world\dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf"
Change this:
if (isServer) then { dayzDeleteObj call local_deleteObj; };
to this:
if (isServer) then { dayzDeleteObj call server_deleteObj; };
Continue below.
  • Now open the "dayz_server (Modified Default Bliss)\README.txt"
  • The README goes over 3 Sections.
-Section 1 is mandatory if you want your buildables to be placed properly after server restart.
  • Open YOUR dayz_server folder\system\server_monitor.sqf"
  • Follow instructions for Section 1 to setup the server_monitor.sqf
Now i've opened up the readme and done this:

Code:
======= SECTION 1 START ========== "dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf"

Blocks of code added in are:
LINE 10:

Code must be added DIRECTLY AFTER: waitUntil{initialized};

// ####Copy START
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### SERVER SIDE BUILD ARRAYS - START
call build_baseBuilding_arrays;
// ### BASE BUILDING 1.2 ### SERVER SIDE BUILD ARRAYS - END
// ####Copy END

The next part confuses me
Code:
LINE 111:

Must be added directly after:

if (_object isKindOf "TentStorage") then {
            _pos set [2,0];
            _object setpos _pos;
        };
        _object setdir _dir;
        _object setDamage _damage;

// ####Copy START
// ##### BASE BUILDING 1.2 Server Side ##### - START
// This sets objects to appear properly once server restarts
        //_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _worldspace call dayz_objectUID2, true]; // Optional (REMOVE // lines before _object) May fix DayZ.ST issues, or issues related to Panel codes not working thanks nullpo
        if ((_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage")) then {
            _object setpos [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), 0];
        };
        //Set Variable
        if (_object isKindOf "Infostand_2_EP1" && !(_object isKindOf "Infostand_1_EP1")) then {
            _object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _worldspace call dayz_objectUID2, true];
        };

// Set whether or not buildable is destructable
        if (typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) then {
            diag_log ("SERVER: in allbuildables_class:" + typeOf(_object) + " !");
            for "_i" from 0 to ((count allbuildables) - 1) do
            {
                _classname = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 1;
                _result = [_classname,typeOf(_object)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
                if (_result) then {
                    _requirements = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 2;

_isDestructable = _requirements select 13;
                    diag_log ("SERVER: " + typeOf(_object) + " _isDestructable = " + str(_isDestructable));
                    if (!_isDestructable) then {
                        diag_log("Spawned: " + typeOf(_object) + " Handle Damage False");
                        _object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
                    };
                };
            };
            //gateKeypad = _object addaction ["Defuse", "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\enterCode.sqf"];
        };
// ##### BASE BUILDING 1.2 Server Side ##### - END
// This sets objects to appear properly once server restarts
// ###COPY END

===== SECTION 1 END =====

As you can see i have to insert this code, but this is the "funny" part.
My server_monitor.sqf look like this

http://pastebin.com/iEETdjuS

See the part i have to add it to, is commented out and some other function(s) have been added. So what do i do now???

Hey,
just set up basebuilding with improvements (by kikyou2) nearly fully working. ive just set up a clear mission and addet everything...should work on cherno 1.7.7.1. upload also my own files, which works for me.
remember to backup your files before...also a database backup! the sql file includet changes a part of the structure to get it saved as playerUID.

-BaseBuild Objects, tents and stashs are now tied to your PlayerUID
-the Keycode is now exact 4 digits long
-owner can edit theyr Codes anytime to an own 4 digits long code
-Admin: remove button works for everything (tied to PlayerUID)

-Admin: can enter any code and it will be valid (tied to PlayerUID)

your should change the admin UI´s in \mission\dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf
Code:
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------kikyou2 Panel Admin Override Start---------------------------------------------------------------------
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["ADMINPLAYERUID1","ADMINPLAYERUID2"]) then {
call _func_ownerRemove;
};
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------kikyou2 Panel Admin Overide End------------------------------------------------------------------------
aswell in \mission\dayz_code\external\keypad\fnc_keyPad\CodeCompare.sqf is also a part to change the admin ui.
if you are having an other instance id...you have to change it in your init.sqf

:cool:
DOWNLOAD FILES:
clear mission and server
my mission and server

Cherno 1.7.7.1 by Survival Servers....bliss

Hey,
just set up basebuilding with improvements (by kikyou2) nearly fully working. ive just set up a clear mission and addet everything...should work on cherno 1.7.7.1. upload also my own files, which works for me.
remember to backup your files before...also a database backup! the sql file includet changes a part of the structure to get it saved as playerUID.

-BaseBuild Objects, tents and stashs are now tied to your PlayerUID
-the Keycode is now exact 4 digits long
-owner can edit theyr Codes anytime to an own 4 digits long code
-Admin: remove button works for everything (tied to PlayerUID)

-Admin: can enter any code and it will be valid (tied to PlayerUID)

your should change the admin UI´s in \mission\dayz_code\actions\player_remove.sqf
Code:
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------kikyou2 Panel Admin Override Start---------------------------------------------------------------------
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["ADMINPLAYERUID1","ADMINPLAYERUID2"]) then {
call _func_ownerRemove;
};
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------kikyou2 Panel Admin Overide End------------------------------------------------------------------------
aswell in \mission\dayz_code\external\keypad\fnc_keyPad\CodeCompare.sqf is also a part to change the admin ui.
if you are having an other instance id...you have to change it in your init.sqf

:cool:
DOWNLOAD FILES:
clear mission and server
my mission and server

Cherno 1.7.7.1 by Survival Servers....bliss

you say "...nearly fully working" what bugs does it have?
And will it run on Dayz.ST servers?

the only bug it has, is the fact that you can get out of your vehicle in other bases. dont get Daimyo´s script working, that you cant get out of a car ;)
so you can build everything, change code, remove buildings, and also tents and stahs are saved correctly. ;)

i dont know exactly if it is working.....if dayz.st has the same values, it should. got only some experience on my server yet....pretty new to scripting ;)

Back