Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

Looks like i need a little bit of help to get this working.

Problem so far. I cant join the server, because i get stuck on the requesting authentication process.

DayZ 1.8 trying to get the Fix working

Thanks for any suggestions =)

EDIT: Nevermind, got it on my own ^^

That'd be great if you could man. I've had a little play around trying to do that but just could not get it to work properly. Managed to get the controls over but then every time I tried to complete a build it failed and then wouldn't let me try again because it hadn't acknowledged that I'd stopped building haha.

I'll let you know how I get on and share the file here if I get it working :)

U guys sound like geniuses, lol, u should combine your powers and form a "help chi w/ epoch" team. :D

Merging the 1.8 building code to epoch would require a lot more additional changes, easier for you guys to wait until the epoch guys merge the changes themselves I would have thought.

I'll let you know how I get on and share the file here if I get it working :)

Merging the 1.8 building code to epoch would require a lot more additional changes, easier for you guys to wait until the epoch guys merge the changes themselves I would have thought.

yea, im just interested in getting base building installed on my server. I cant seem to get it and the modular working at the same time.

So has anyone gotten this going for the current epoch 1022 or 1023? And kept everything else working too?

Not me, im trying for 1.0.2.3 and its driving me crazy. Im new to scripting, only about a month in, and this one is killing me. I'll let you know if I get it working, but it doesn't look good atm.

Im in the same boat I can get it to build the items but nothing save to the db.. Heres a hint that may help you.. Asiankid released a server pack for 1015 epoch and it worked pretty well as far as basebuilding went.. Now if you could take what he did and incorporate into the new build of epoch you might get somewhere.. Im the same as far as scripting goes about 4-5 months in and I can do good to get two different scripts going at the same time. Wish I could write my own Ive had a few good ideas Id love to see implemented into this game

Im in the same boat I can get it to build the items but nothing save to the db.. Heres a hint that may help you.. Asiankid released a server pack for 1015 epoch and it worked pretty well as far as basebuilding went.. Now if you could take what he did and incorporate into the new build of epoch you might get somewhere.. Im the same as far as scripting goes about 4-5 months in and I can do good to get two different scripts going at the same time. Wish I could write my own Ive had a few good ideas Id love to see implemented into this game

We might make some progress tonight thanks to another guy thats helping me. I'll let you know later tonight or tomorrow.

Still have someone working on it. They hit a prob last night, hopefully we'll know tonight if it'll work.

OK, looks like i need help. I've managed to get the buildings written to database and everything seems to working fine, but after a restart the Codes for the Gate-Panels do not accept any code i enter.
Hope one of you can help me with this =)

I'm using Chernarus 1.8

Thanks and Greetings =]

OK, looks like i need help. I've managed to get the buildings written to database and everything seems to working fine, but after a restart the Codes for the Gate-Panels do not accept any code i enter.
Hope one of you can help me with this =)

I'm using Chernarus 1.8

Thanks and Greetings =]

I always have problems with codes not working. I used a bit of a hack work around until the new version is released and made it so my friends and I could enter any code and it would work. Not sure that would be of any use to you if you're wanting everybody to be able to use them. We weren't too fussed as most people don't play long enough to even make a base.

Thanks for the Help, but yes i want everybody to use the Panels, so regular Players can build own bases for themselves.

Hopefully 1.3 will be ready soon. He posted a couple of weeks ago to say it was pretty much ready. That will include better keycodes which actually work and can be changed manually.

There is Kikyou2's updated version which includes four digit editable codes, but I was never able to get all that working. I may look into just using her key code system though and see if that would work. If I have any luck I'll let you know.

Keycodes are working perfectly for me guys, they were on 1.7.7.1 and on 1.8 I haven't added anything extra to the code so maybe its my database schema that is making it work? When I added basebuilding to 1.8 I used rosskas files and followed the tutorial.

Code:
CREATE TABLE testserver.instance_deployable (
  id BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  unique_id VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
  deployable_id SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  owner_id VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL,
  instance_id BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
  worldspace VARCHAR(60) NOT NULL DEFAULT '[0,[0,0,0]]',
  inventory VARCHAR(2048) NOT NULL DEFAULT '[]',
  last_updated TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  created TIMESTAMP DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  Hitpoints VARCHAR(500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '[]',
  Fuel DECIMAL(4, 3) DEFAULT 0.000,
  Damage DOUBLE(13, 0) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  PRIMARY KEY (id),
  INDEX idx1_instance_deployable (deployable_id),
  INDEX idx2_instance_deployable (owner_id),
  INDEX idx3_instance_deployable (instance_id)
)
ENGINE = INNODB
AUTO_INCREMENT = 13596
AVG_ROW_LENGTH = 221
CHARACTER SET utf8
COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
Feel free to try it, I know I made changes for kikyous modifications and I don't think I bothered to revert them. Keycodes were already working for me prior to that too though. When using kikyous changes I could never get fuel (the code) to come back as anything but null after a server restart had taken place.

I'm skeptical about this mythical 1.3 version, I've not seen Daimyo post anything in months where did you hear 1.3 was coming out soon? The only information I was able to found made it sound like it was already completed and exclusive to daimyos own server - http://forums.sernix.net/index.php?topic=192.0

Keycodes are working perfectly for me guys, they were on 1.7.7.1 and on 1.8 I haven't added anything extra to the code so maybe its my database schema that is making it work? When I added basebuilding to 1.8 I used rosskas files and followed the tutorial.

Feel free to try it, I know I made changes for kikyous modifications and I don't think I bothered to revert them. Keycodes were already working for me prior to that too though. When using kikyous changes I could never get fuel (the code) to come back as anything but null after a server restart had taken place.

I'm skeptical about this mythical 1.3 version, I've not seen Daimyo post anything in months where did you hear 1.3 was coming out soon? The only information I was able to found made it sound like it was already completed and exclusive to daimyos own server - http://forums.sernix.net/index.php?topic=192.0

For us the codes have always been a bit hit or miss. Sometimes they will work fine, other times they just don't. It seems like it happens if the item moves slightly (which happens sometimes on a restart) then the code no longer works, but if it happens to move back on the next restart the code will work again.

Your table setup is identical to mine, so it's not that which is causing it. Really not sure what causes it to be honest.

For the 1.3 I saw it on his YouTube page on this video.
Actually just noticed when getting that link that he's now said this on the page.
Anyone who wants basebuilding 1.3 along with server files (for 1761) and feels comfortable overlooking the code, PM me and Ill send you the files. I am currently too lazy to type up a tutorial as I have not even tested on 1771 except for writing to database (let alone implementing on 1771 with all their changes). I may just release for 1761 and do a 1771 release without testing and let community report any issues.

For us the codes have always been a bit hit or miss. Sometimes they will work fine, other times they just don't. It seems like it happens if the item moves slightly (which happens sometimes on a restart) then the code no longer works, but if it happens to move back on the next restart the code will work again.

Your table setup is identical to mine, so it's not that which is causing it. Really not sure what causes it to be honest.

For the 1.3 I saw it on his YouTube page on this video.
Actually just noticed when getting that link that he's now said this on the page.

We had the issue of items moving code slightly a couple of times in the early days back before 1.7.7.1, but I haven't had someone contact me asking for a new code in several months now and we have at least 8 bases using 2 keypanels each. I usually advise people to build them on flat ground but thats about it. The code is the items worldspace coordinates which is why it changes when the item moves slightly. One other thing I do do is update the owner_id's each restart so people can always remove things they have built and rebuild them.

Nice I didn't notice that either I will get in touch with daimyo maybe between us we can put a tutorial up on here for others.

We had the issue of items moving code slightly a couple of times in the early days back before 1.7.7.1, but I haven't had someone contact me asking for a new code in several months now and we have at least 8 bases using 2 keypanels each. I usually advise people to build them on flat ground but thats about it. The code is the items worldspace coordinates which is why it changes when the item moves slightly. One other thing I do do is update the owner_id's each restart so people can always remove things they have built and rebuild them.

Nice I didn't notice that either I will get in touch with daimyo maybe between us we can put a tutorial up on here for others.

Yeah, to be fair we were running Oring until this week which I think was still using 1.7.7 or lower, so that may have been the cause of our problems. We haven't been running 1.8 long enough to tell if it's still happening in this version or not.

Haha, I do the same thing for owners. Have an SQL event setup to run a minute before my server restart times with this
Code:
UPDATE instance_deployable d LEFT JOIN (
SELECT DISTINCT d.owner_id, s.unique_id
FROM instance_deployable d
LEFT JOIN survivor s ON s.id = d.owner_id
WHERE s.is_dead =1
) AS dead ON dead.owner_id = d.owner_id
LEFT JOIN survivor live ON live.unique_id = dead.unique_id
SET d.owner_id = live.id WHERE live.is_dead =0

It's very handy for base building and even just for tents because it's a pain if you have a base, die, and then you can't remove your items or pack up your tents haha.

I sent him a message to so yeah hopefully between the pair of us we can get it working, would be nice to have the improvements. :)

I have
For 1.8 Chernarus I've got it working.

First you'll need to install as per his instructions, but ignore the part about dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

Then you'll need to download my edited files from here.
For the mission files, you'll just need to copy them over to your mission folder and overwrite the existing files.

If you're using a custom fn_selfActions.sqf be sure to either change or comment out the line calling it in missionfile\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf
If you want to use mine (it's a clean 1.8 file, with only the base building edits made) then simply copy it to missionfile\dayz_code\compile\

In the zip file, I've included a read me which just tells you where to put the code for dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf

The code is slightly different to the original because I had to change the variables around to fit with the new coding, please make sure to put my code in and not the original code or you will get errors.

I've also changed the file name for player_build.sqf to player_build2.sqf so it doesn't interfere with tent placements in 1.8.

If you're running a reality hive and have problems with built items not removing from the database after a restart, apply my fix from here as it also fixes the buildables.

I think that's everything. :)

I have pieced together my configs three times, but I keep getting this error message in the RPT when the server is starting, but it never comes up correctly:
ErrorMessage: File z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf, line 20: .RscText: Member already defined.

Not sure what I have missed, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have

I have pieced together my configs three times, but I keep getting this error message in the RPT when the server is starting, but it never comes up correctly:
ErrorMessage: File z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf, line 20: .RscText: Member already defined.

Not sure what I have missed, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Think you missed some of the instructions for your description.sqf, theres a section you need to remove as its already defined in the basebuilding files

Back