Base Builds on a Vilayer server

Shadow_otw

HELP!

Ok, with that kinda outta the way, onto the issue at hand!
I watched (several times) this video about
DayZ Adding custom buildings to a Vilayer server tutorial :

I followed all the steps (ovcer and over) and now I cant join my server. I get a Battleye create vehicle restriction #56

Here is a link to what I think will be the files someone might need to look at to help:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vyxddgeuwju0v4o/tg6AaLkWTo

Please?
server addy:

199.229.255.244:2332

Thanks so very much!

Shadow~

What buildings are you adding? If you're adding vehicles or an ammo box full of weapons, BattleEye might have a problem with that, not sure.

Well, I did attempt to load in Jons editor, but I obviously porked the pooch on that one 'cause the only buildings that show up are whats available in the basit 3d editor in ARMA2 .

I modified Balota and NEAF, and added a new checkpoint and a base (of sorts) on Skailsti Island.

I thought the same thing, so I went back in and killed any but the basic weapons/ammo crates that I had placed on the map.

Now I find that the RU_WarfareBBarracks is the culprate! Funny what you can see once you step away and actually LOOK at the create vehicle log, huh?

So tonight after work, I will find that lil bastard and swap it for something else cool and see if it loads.

Shadow~

When you say "basic weapons/ammo crates", I'm pretty sure you can't place weapons without a problem. You can place buildings that spawn the weapons, but that's pretty much it.

So, today I opened the editor, removed the offending RU_WarfareBBarracks (the only things in the BE create Vehicle log.

Saved everything again, and tried to log in.

NOPE.

Then I get all of this:
#10 "AmmoBoxBig" 3:31 [4829,2541,9]
#61 "USBasicWeaponsBox" 3:33 [8357,3047,8]
#61 "USBasicWeaponsBox" 3:44 [13770,2952,44]
#60 "Land_fort_bagfence_corner" 3:67 [8348,3012,6]

So my damn server has been down for almost two days because BE wants to be a lil bitch.

How the hell does everyone actually mod the damn servers, and still keep BE happy?

I am really about ready to just say hell with it...

I'm not sure about the sandbag wall, but you can't put weapon/ammo boxes in DayZ (EDIT - without extensive scripting). It freaks out.

Ok, I have removed a number of the items and it seems to be working after I went into the BE file and changed several 5's to 1's.... thanks HJ, I appreciate your willingness to help!

Shadow~

UPDATE:
I have added (should say HAD added) Military equipment at Balota, a Check Point between Cherno and Elektro, and a large refugee camp at NEAF. It has been working great...

Then Vilayer decided to auto update to 1.8, despite the MAJORITY of the mod scripts in their ACP having no indicators that they will function with 1.8.

Server went down...stayed down for a day....again

I tried several things, and sent a trouble ticked. Cant join my server, but no issues joining others, so now I wait for Vilayer to see what they did, and roll it the hell back.

SO, hopefully this will be fixed today and you guys can come see my work looks with your help!

I have a Vilayer server, so if you need help Im quite experienced with adding things to map. But forgive me if Im mistaken, but I believe the gentleman above you has been trying to tell you to stop trying to put ammo boxes or weapons crates/weapons or anything like vehicles unless they're the destroyed kind. You can add buildings that spawn loot (like barracks or hospitals) but you'd have to filter other things in battleye. Just an FYI changing a bunch of 5's to 1's in battleye is a bad idea, unless you're not worried about script kiddies. If you find the line its referring to, and you look in the log and see what you got kicked for, you can try adding a filter to that line for whatever got you kicked.

Another suggestion I would make is adding to your map a few bases and such that are this website and created by other people who knew what they were doing. From there you can see the sorts of things you can add, and even go into the SQF file and look at the exact name of that object. If you need anymore vilayer help let me know. Vilayer can be confusing because they're one of the few if not the only host that unpacks all of your PBO's for you in a separate folder. This is handy but also confusing because most instructions are directed to those people who need to first unpack the PBO's, and then repack them when finished.

Also, Vilayer adds those third party mods with the one click installs as a bonus. They do not create them, nor do they maintain them. They're simply a neat feature. They can't offer you support for this because it simply isn't theirs to support. They have bigger issues like servers to manage. I know its frustrating, but to be honest most of those scripts, you can find right here ont his website, and adding most of them is fairly simple. I would definitely recommend learning how to add these things manually, so when another update comes through you're not SOL waiting on vilayer meanwhjle your server population evaporates.

And last thing on a side note, I also don't recommend filtering those weapons boxes with a proper mod that allows you to do so. Otherwise, scripters will be able to spawn in those weapons crates if they don't already have a work around. Vilayer offers 2 really nice admin tools, one being the Dayz AH and the other is TheSilentWarrior. Now the TSW is a 3rd party mod that they don't support but you can usually email the guy and he'll help. Not sure about the DayZ AH though.

Thank you for the informative reply, and the offer of help.

I did indeed remove all ammo boxes and the one operational vehicle I had added to the 'new' base. Still got kicked.

I then removed the entire sqf mission file and simply added one that was created by someone else, that had met with success. It too did not work, giving me a script restriction #207 kick instead of the 'create vehicle' restrictions I had been getting with my versions.

Then I decided to add one single thing at a time to see what would work. It didnt. So, in viewing another thread, I changed the 1's and 5's, uploaded the 'new' sqf mission file and it worked.

I KNOW that isnt best way to correct this issue, so I would absolutely love to learn how to properly read and adapt Battleye to function as designed. But there is little that I have been able to find to actually help me down that path.

If you, or any kind soul could point me in the correct direction(s) I would owe you a sincere debt of gratitude!

Shadow~

I only use TSW as a vehicle spawner these days. I love the ability to spawn in vehicles every server reset regardless if that vehicle has been destroyed. I love the way you can make custom spawns using world coordinates. But yea definitely some functionality issues.

I wonder, are you using old battleye filters? Is it possible you could throw me a link to the addition and I'll see if I get kicked?

EDIT- although Im no wiz with battleye, it seems odd that you're getting a script restriction for a map addition. Are you installing other mods at the same time? I mean is is it possible you're getting kicked for something related to something other than the map additions?
Do you know how to find these in your logs? The in game kick message will tell you what file it corresponds with and approximately what line. Then you would find the battleye log that corresponds with that same name.. so for script restrictions kicks you'll want to find the script.txt for create vehicle restrictions you'll want the createvehicle.txt.
One thing I like to do is I like to convert it to and SQF file format while I work on it, that way I can open it in notepad ++ and its much easier to read. Then I CTRL + F (Find) the number of the restriction. So if you got kicked for script restriction #77 or whatever, hit CTRL F and then type in #77 and it might go right to it, but if not, try and find the line with your name and it should say #77 and then it will name the exact cause of the kick. Sometimes you can get away with copying whatever that says. Lets pretend it say "teleport" could copy that and do something like !="teleport" or !"teleport" . This is what I usually do and then I just stop and start the server and join it, see what happens. Go back and play with a few different filters. If that doesn't work Paste that exact error from your log on here and ask around. People usually hesitate to help with battleye because its such a pain in the ass. If you have something very specific and are trying for a very specific filter, someone may help you.

My server

My server IP is in my sig pic...but be advised: My server will be down until I roll back the Vilayer induced 1.8 update that boned it. I hope to have it up and operational by Tuesday, 8 Oct.

As for TSW, I love that I can create an Iron Dome, I just wish that it would persist after saving once you turn off the browser.

No I mean, if you're trying to add a map addition that you found here and its kicking you for it, send me a link or a copy of that map addition and I will put it on my server and see.

very strange man I have that on my server already no problems. Try and get kicked for it again, then download your log from vilayer control panel. Try and "find" the # you got kicked in game for in that log. So if you got kicked for #7 try and find that number with your name next to it... copy paste that somewhere for me, and send me a copy of your battleye filters in the scripts.txt and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Well, everything is up and operational it seems, but my server pop has gone to zero and flatlined. I have been told that running a Epoch server will bring players in. I think that while things are dead now might be the time to switch. what do you think? Can one still do maps mods like these on Epoch?

well I went from in the rank 200's to where Im at now soley due to the 1.8 upgrade so I can feel your pain a bit there. I was climbing my way up to the top 100 and then over night because of the patch my population dropped off. Idk anything about epoch. In my opinion, your best bet is to have a catchy name that advertises your server well, and be active. If you are active and can get a few regulars to play, more and more people will start playing. It just takes time.

Yeah, I thought that with a name like Bandits and Heros, a FB page, Website and Survivor Blog I would kinda dile a pop in that would stay.

Back