Converting Mission.Biedi to Script

I am looking at the files now and there is no way the buildings.sqf is even working. Have you not deleted buildings from the database? If your putting them in the mission file you don't need them in the database any longer.

http://pastebin.com/EAV4vrBF

it's all working now, i figured out what i did wrong in the mission files. they weren't added onto the database, i just forgot one key line on it.
Code:
if (isServer) then {

the buildings were all there just fine, just multiple times, but ever since i added that code into it, they have been working how they're supposed to be.

add a map marker to your NWAF... call it "Pound Town" Theres going to be dead bodies all over that place lol

Looks good. BTW that error at the beginning is probably from a vehicle that has banned weapons on it.

so that message is nothing to really worry about then? i have a pretty good assortment of vehicles on the map now, and some hidden weapon / ammo boxes as well.

either heli, jet, or tank.... lol. would you possibly have a few spare minutes to jump on the ts i'm on so i could ask you a few questions about other problems i'm running into?

right on. i'm just having problems setting up the admin / clan bases that restrict UID.. think i have the coding right and then load it up and says mission not loaded. then cant get a few others to work either

Hello everybody.
My custom buildings show all right, but I'm having an issue with this method: When I join the server I get an error telling me about depending on the "map_eu" mod.
I use the "map_eu" editor mod to have all the buildings in DayZ show up in the "Add Vehicle" list (you cannot add castle ruins or hangars without it) and I remove any references to it when saving my SQF file. However, the game keeps asking for it when you join.

Related: A screenshot showing a WIP of what I'm doing.

34QRxSF.jpg

Bottomline: Does anybody know how to add custom buildings like ruins without map_eu (SQL insert maybe) or how to keep the error from showing when you enter the server?

I'm at a standstill with 1.7.7, i'm kind of liking it, but it's pissing me off at the same time. i cant seem to get the phoenix admin tools to work with it, have to start from scratch with all the scripts. the buildings all went back in fine thank god. but i noticed that the ammo crates / weapon boxes are no longer on the map at all, aav's are unable to be spawned. haven't found anything else yet though. you have any tips or advice when updating to 1.7.7 machine?

i would imagine its the weapons / vehicles that are banned that are stopping them from spawning. Wish they would leave these things up to the private hive admins to determine what vehicles and weapons they would like on their servers instead of giving us no freedom to choose for ourselves. eh o well... That's my guess though. I have yet to update my servers due to the reality dev being on vacation... not missing much from the sounds of it though.

This is fantastic and all but my map editor guy gave me over 2,000 items to merge into the map. Any chance you have a script or something that can convert standard SQM to your SQF format? Please say yes lol

Right, time for a little how-to.

Adding buildings =easiest thing in the world if you follow this.

Firstly, the guy using MAP_EU, this requires a clientdownload, so unless everyone uses the MAP_EU mod alongside DayZ, you wont be able to join, also your Server will have to run this mod alongside dayz.

Secondly, forget adding buildins via the Database, it's annoying and in my opinion, just plain tedious.

The following is the method I use, and works 100% of the time.

Step 1:

Create your edits in 3D editor, I recommend the John Editor update for this, giving you access to most buildings.

This can be downloaded here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5932

Step 2 :

Save your "mission" as a User Mission and exit the editor. For this example we call it "New Buildings"

Step 3 :

Open your "Arma 2 Other Profiles" Folder and open the "New Buildings" folder.

Step 4 :

Open the "mission.SQF" file with Notepad ++

Step 5 :

Edit the file and REMOVE all Units you have added in the editor, they will prevent the script running due to DayZ restrictions.

Each "Vehicle" is defined as below...

Code:
_vehicle_18 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Misc_Cargo2E", [10318.463, 1844.6021, 4.196167e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_18 = _this;
  _this setDir 88.687256;
  _this setPos [10318.463, 1844.6021, 4.196167e-005];
};

Add this statement to the file:

Code:
if (isServer) then {

};

MAKE SURE you close the statement with }; at the end of the file.

Foe example, this file will spawn just a single building

Code:
if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_18 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Misc_Cargo2E", [10318.463, 1844.6021, 4.196167e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_18 = _this;
  _this setDir 88.687256;
  _this setPos [10318.463, 1844.6021, 4.196167e-005];
};
};

This file can then be saved the your mission file, under a "buildings" folder to keep things tidy, call it "Elektro.sqf" for example.

Step 6 :

Add the following line to your init.sqf file, repack your mission file and upload.

Code:
[] ExecVM "buildings\elektro.sqf";

Step 7 :

Repakc your Mission PBO file, upload to server and check out your new buildings. Be sure to disable your john editor addon before joining server, some people say it makes no difference, some cant join the server, I just turn it off to make sure.

That shoud be it.

When you get handy with the editor (and have as much patience as my buddy who is doing our map edits) you can come up with this kind of thing

scr1.png

cs1.png

scr2.png

Back