CreateVehicle Restriction #1 (There has to be a fix)

QueZ

We all hate it, and no matter where I play I get this problem. Even top servers have this problem such as DayZRP, BMRF and more. Our servers also suffer from this when it gets near full or full. The most annoying thing ever. Having to restart a server when it's full sucks big time.

Here's what happens. Server gets near full or full, players start spawning in as seagulls. Battleye kicks player for CreateVehicle Restriction #1. Yeah yeah we can remove the line or change 5 to 1 but it does not solve the problem. It only makes the players able to flock around as seagulls with no clip spectate abilities. This is a Spectate feature on Arma 2.

So modifying the Battleye file does nothing good. At least with the Kick message we (admins) get notified instantly about the issue through rCons.

There has to be a way to boot players instantly from that Spectate mode (seagull) back to normal player when it happens... I have to come to believe this is impossible as the top DayZ servers would definitely have found a fix by now, at least I think so.

Let's all put our heads together and try to figure out how to avoid having players spawning in as seagull so we can all get rid of this dreaded bug that Bohemia bluntly told me they will not fix because of Arma 3.

Since 1.8 it is extremely rare I ever see this problem, and if I do its for a single player and then it won't show up again. Before 1.8 it used to occur once then happen continually to everyone logging in for long periods of time usually requiring a server restart.

It's related to the login process itself taking too long and group cleanups from what I read and it only happens when server is under load. As I said the dayz devs seem to have pretty much cured the problem in 1.8 though and I've pretty much forgotten about it nowadays.

It's not rare at all. Both of my servers have the issue -- DayZ.st, one Chicago, one LA, both 1.8.0.3 -- and I see single Seagulls all day and night when there are only a half dozen players on. Over the weekend as my Always Day version topped 45 players it started kicking everyone who tried to join, every time, and I had to restart.

- ep

Since 1.8 it is extremely rare I ever see this problem, and if I do its for a single player and then it won't show up again. Before 1.8 it used to occur once then happen continually to everyone logging in for long periods of time usually requiring a server restart.

It's related to the login process itself taking too long and group cleanups from what I read and it only happens when server is under load. As I said the dayz devs seem to have pretty much cured the problem in 1.8 though and I've pretty much forgotten about it nowadays.

I think your issue is going with a managed game server, especially Dayz.st. Rent a VPS or get a dedicated machine to run all the server instances on. It literally will open up doors for performance. If you have a server population close to BMRF or DAYZRP I see no reason you should not put some money into getting the correct hardware.

Btw, I have noticed that that seagull issue is closing related to mysql issues. Try to optimize the connection and/or run the database locally.

Clearly, and if the servers were monetized I'd like nothing more than to move to dedicated servers. But I've just started offering donation bases, so it will be a few more weeks before that's possible unless I want to put out the cash myself.

My point was only that it's not a rare thing when servers are under load. Moving to dedicated servers is great... but there are tons of managed servers out there that will always be, and they'd like a fix for the issue rather than being told to get a better server.

- ep

My point was only that it's not a rare thing when servers are under load. Moving to dedicated servers is great... but there are tons of managed servers out there that will always be, and they'd like a fix for the issue rather than being told to get a better server.

- ep

Well said ;) still looking

Clearly, and if the servers were monetized I'd like nothing more than to move to dedicated servers. But I've just started offering donation bases, so it will be a few more weeks before that's possible unless I want to put out the cash myself.

- ep

How much extra stuff are you running on top of default dayz on your managed server though? Mods? Antihack? GSPs come up with a way to host the game on the minimum amount of power they can. They won't support 50 players very well even on a default dayzmod server with no extra mods, because 99% of their customers barely get more than 20 people in there ever. Then you add to that all the extra load massive scripts like antihack add to the server and you get a recipe for shitty performance.

I suggest speaking to your host about the issue and if you have tons of mods or especially antihack enabled try turning them off. Certainly for me this is barely a noticeable problem any more compared to past patches. I just searched my BE logs for last week and we had a kick once in 7 days. In past patches I probably would have had to do a few server restarts.

I'm running TONS of mods. There's an admin privilege package for my assistant volunteers who run around helping players, some very carefully configured SARGE AI, my proprietary antihack, my own parts salvaging system, my increased-difficulty zeds, my own makes-sense vehicle-in-vehicle transport system, half a dozen new cities -- some of which have unique sensor-triggered features. Tons. The update I'm working on right now is a 3 meg+ mission download, and there's a couple hundred k of overrides in the server files as well. But that's what makes the servers. It started out as a creative outlet, but now I've got 60 players every night between the two of them. As I said, I'd like nothing more than to move to dedicated machines. You'll get no argument from me! They need more horsepower. I see large numbers of bad connection kicks and huge numbers of Seagulls.

- ep

Sorry -- people ask, I answer. But this isn't about my issues. I know why I get Seagulls and bad comm kicks. As I said, no arguments here. The original poster posed the question ... how do we fix it? Is there anyone interested in fixing it or is it all moot because of Arma III and standalone? Or is the only answer "more horsepower"?

Back