Custom spawn points

gunnar

im with dayz.st and apparently the mysql trigger wont work according to them. is there any other way?? i want donators to have custom spawn points of their liking.

im with dayz.st and apparently the mysql trigger wont work according to them. is there any other way?? i want donators to have custom spawn points of their liking.
Easily done. There is a script out there by player2 that does this, but if that's not exactly what you're looking for, i can rewrite it to whatever you need.

I looked into player2's script earlier and its not compatable with 1.8. a whole line of script in her tutorial is no where to be found. Ive been searching all over the net for custom spawns.

Basically what i'm trying to accomplish is when someone donates, they can get a custom spawn, like stary or balota, anywhere they please. Must be by uid though and worldspace. if you could work something up that would be awesome of you.

I looked into player2's script earlier and its not compatable with 1.8. a whole line of script in her tutorial is no where to be found. Ive been searching all over the net for custom spawns.

Basically what i'm trying to accomplish is when someone donates, they can get a custom spawn, like stary or balota, anywhere they please. Must be by uid though and worldspace. if you could work something up that would be awesome of you.

everything in her tutorial still applies, except in the init section. dayzLoginRecord is a different variable now, I can't say which as I don't use 1.8

theres a line in the server code
Code:
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state];
that doesnt exist in mine. i have no idea where to go from there

May I request that you read files instead of just ctrl + f'ing for it? Honestly, I can't blame you for missing this as that's an old script and she hasn't been updating it, but you probably would've caught this if you had read through it. I did mention that they changed some variables...
Code:
PVCDZ_plr_Login2 = [_worldspace,_state];

line 235

+ when you read files you get a sense of what they are trying to do with what code etc etc, helps you start to understand and write your own codes :) Always need more people that understand and can write code ^.^

thanks for correcting me on that. ill give her tutorial a go then i will update you on how it works.

I believe she comments the file she uses, but just incase, find the line that says setPos, and the numbers that follow are worldspaces, which you change to suit your needs, say if you want donators to spawn at their bases and whatnot you would use the worldspace of their bases...etc. Not sure if this is a necessary post, as I do believe she describes what each bit does

not entirley sure if this works or not, or if in just doing it wrong....i left the newspawn.sqf stock just replaced the uid in there with my uid, died a few times and spawned in different places...mabey my init.sqf isnt correct?
Code:
startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
cutText ["","BLACK OUT"];
enableSaving [false, false];

//Server Settings
dayZ_instance = 417; // The instance
//dayZ_serverName = "UK1337"; // Servername (country code + server number)
dayz_antihack = 1; // DayZ Antihack / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled
dayz_REsec = 0; // DayZ RE Security / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 1;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 1; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

initialized = false;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
dayz_previousID = 0;
0 fadeSound 0;
//disable greeting menu
//player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

stream_locationCheck = {
//Thank you very fucking much, KK!
};

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

disable_sidechat = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\nosidechat.sqf";

[] spawn {
    while {true} do {
        waitUntil {((isNil "BIS_Effects_Rifle") OR {(count(toArray(str(BIS_Effects_Rifle)))!=7)})};
        diag_log "Res3tting B!S effects...";
        /* BIS_Effects_* fixes from Dwarden */
        BIS_Effects_EH_Killed = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\killed.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestruction = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestruction.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestructionStage2.sqf";

BIS_Effects_globalEvent = {
            BIS_effects_gepv = _this;
            publicVariable "BIS_effects_gepv";
            _this call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_startEvent = {
            switch (_this select 0) do {
                case "AirDestruction": {
                        [_this select 1] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction;
                };
                case "AirDestructionStage2": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2;
                };
                case "Burn": {
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
                };
            };
        };

"BIS_effects_gepv" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
            (_this select 1) call BIS_Effects_startEvent;
        };

BIS_Effects_EH_Fired = {false};
        BIS_Effects_Rifle = {false};
        sleep 1;
    };
};

if ((!isServer) && (isNull player) ) then
{
    waitUntil {!isNull player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
axe_server_lampObjs =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
    "axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
[] execVM "scripts\street_lights.sqf";
};

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then
{
    waitUntil {player == player};
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
    "PVDZ_sec_atp" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _x = _this select 1;
        if (typeName _x == "STRING") then {
            diag_log _x;
        }
        else {
            _unit = _x select 0;
            _source = _x select 1;
            if (((!(isNil {_source})) AND {(!(isNull _source))}) AND {((_source isKindOf "CAManBase") AND {(owner _unit != owner _source)})}) then {
                diag_log format ["P1ayer %1 hit by %2 %3 from %4 meters",
                    _unit call fa_plr2Str,  _source call fa_plr2Str, _x select 2, _x select 3];
                if (_unit getVariable["processedDeath", 0] == 0) then {
                    _unit setVariable [ "attacker", name _source ];
                    _unit setVariable [ "noatlf4", diag_ticktime ]; // server-side "not in combat" test, if player is not already dead
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "scripts\building_lights.sqf";
};

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    if (dayz_antihack == 1) then {
    //[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
    };
};

// Logo watermark: adding a logo in the bottom left corner of the screen with the server name in it
if (!isNil "dayZ_serverName") then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {(!isNull Player) and (alive Player) and (player == player)};
        waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
        5 cutRsc ["wm_disp","PLAIN"];
        ((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText dayZ_serverName;
    };
};

//##UID Based Custom Spawn Locations##
p2_newspawn = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\newspawn.sqf";
waitUntil {!isNil ("dayzLoginRecord")};
if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
{
    player spawn p2_newspawn;
};

if (dayz_REsec == 1) then {

};

[] execVM "scripts\functions.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\repairactions.sqf";
[] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\bridge\bridge.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\marker.sqf";
[] execVM "fixes\ss_remove.sqf";

not entirley sure if this works or not, or if in just doing it wrong....i left the newspawn.sqf stock just replaced the uid in there with my uid, died a few times and spawned in different places...mabey my init.sqf isnt correct?
Code:

//Server Settings

//Game Settings
dayz_spawnselection = 0; // DayZ Spawnselection / 1 = enabled // 0 = disabled, No current spawn limits.
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter = 1;    // Helicrash Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the Helicrash
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 1; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = no grass around the infected base

initialized = false;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
dayz_previousID = 0;
0 fadeSound 0;
//disable greeting menu
//disable radio messages to be heard and shown in the left lower corner of the screen
//enableRadio false;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                    //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

stream_locationCheck = {
};

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

[] spawn {
    while {true} do {
        waitUntil {((isNil "BIS_Effects_Rifle") OR {(count(toArray(str(BIS_Effects_Rifle)))!=7)})};
        BIS_Effects_EH_Killed = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\killed.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestruction = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestruction.sqf";
        BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\AirDestructionStage2.sqf";

};

};
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2;
                };
                        [_this select 1, _this select 2, _this select 3, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
                };
            };
        };

};

sleep 1;
    };
};

{
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
axe_server_lampObjs =    compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fnc_returnLampWS.sqf";
    "axeLampObjects" addPublicVariableEventHandler {_id = (_this select 1) spawn axe_server_lampObjs};
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
};

{
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
        _x = _this select 1;
            diag_log _x;
        }
        else {
            _unit = _x select 0;
            _source = _x select 1;
            if (((!(isNil {_source})) AND {(!(isNull _source))}) AND {((_source isKindOf "CAManBase") AND {(owner _unit != owner _source)})}) then {
                    _unit setVariable [ "noatlf4", diag_ticktime ]; // server-side "not in combat" test, if player is not already dead
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations

if (!isDedicated) then {
};

//Run the player monitor
    };
};

// Logo watermark: adding a logo in the bottom left corner of the screen with the server name in it
    [] spawn {
        ((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText dayZ_serverName;
    };
};

{
};

};

Code:
{
};

You litterally changed NOTHING. dayzPlayerLogin2 is replaced by the PVCDZ jank I posted above from playerSetup....the !isNil dayzLoginRecord is also different, though for 1.8 IDK what it is. You'll have to check your publicvariable.txt / log ( i think ) to find that one out. but this DOES need to be modified to work at all

Code:

//Server Settings

//Game Settings

initialized = false;
dayzHiveRequest = [];
dayz_previousID = 0;
0 fadeSound 0;
//disable greeting menu
//enableRadio false;

stream_locationCheck = {
};

[] spawn {
    while {true} do {

};

};
                };
                };
            };
        };

};

sleep 1;
    };
};

{
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
//StreetLights
};

{
    waitUntil {time > 3};
};

if (isServer) then {
        _x = _this select 1;
            diag_log _x;
        }
        else {
            _unit = _x select 0;
            _source = _x select 1;
                };
            };
        };
    };
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations

if (!isDedicated) then {
};

//Run the player monitor
    };
};

[] spawn {
    };
};

{
};

};

should also mention that since this IS a setPos script (and that is used for hacker teleporting ) you will have to remove the stock dayz Anti hack, as well as the REsec lines from the init

got it...now i changed it to look like this. my bad for not catching that. im a noob.
Code:
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{
};

got it...now i changed it to look like this. my bad for not catching that. im a noob.
Code:
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then
{
};

still have to change the dayzLoginRecord to something else. in 1.7.7.2 it was PVDZ_login_record or some jank. Pretty sure they changed that variable too.

Back