Custom texture on a board

oshydaka

Hi guys.

I've made a little base, and i wan't to put a board with a picture saying "No entry allowed, military zone"

So, i've made a 1024*512 jpg picture, with my text, named noentry.jpg

In the editor, i've create a bilboard, and in the init field, i've add this SetObjectTexture [0,""noentry.jpg""]

So my object code look like this :

Code:
_vehicle_42 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_Bilboard_alkohol", [13175.653, 7015.5137, 0.29266319], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_42 = _this;
  _this setDir -17.128595;
  _this setVehicleInit "this SetObjectTexture [0,""map\noentry.jpg""]";
  _this setPos [13175.653, 7015.5137, 0.29266319];
};

And, when i'm in my server, my bilboard look like that :

The default image is displayed.

What i'm doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot !

Try changing the line to:
Code:
_this SetObjectTexture [0,"map\noentry.jpg"];
instead of _this setVehicleInit

Ok, so... I did some testing on this because I like the idea of custom graphics and such. My findings are as follows.
I was using a test file of 512 x 512 in jpg format. I tested using two types of signage.
1 - "MAP_Bilboard_alkohol"
2 - "WarfareBunkerSign"

Using static objects from mission.sqf the custom texture wouldn't load on either object. However if I script up an sqf that loads the object it worked but only on "WarfareBunkerSign" not on the billboard. Now this could be due to the size, perhaps the billboard expects a larger size. I will play with that later. For now using an SQF on a "WarfareBunkerSign" works. I will do a script and instructions after I get back from dinner.

Here is how to do it.

Create a folder in \z\addons\dayz_server\addons\ called FSign

Create a file named FSign.sqf and copy the following code into it:
Code:
/*
    File Name: FSign.sqf
    File Created: 2/9/2014
    File Version: 1.0
    File Author: Foamy
    File Last Edit Date: 2/9/2014
    File Description: Adds "Sign" Objects to world.
*/

// Add Signs Below this Line

// Sign Location <--- change to your loc
  _this = createVehicle ["WarfareBunkerSign", [0000.0000, 0000.0000], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _sign1 = _this;
  _this setDir 0.00;
  _this setVehicleInit "this SetObjectTexture [0,""addons\Images\FSign\test_sign_512x512.jpg""]";
  _this setPos [0000.0000, 0000.0000];
Save the file in \z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FSign\

Then add the folllowing to the bottom of your server_functions.sqf in \z\addons\dayz_server\init\
Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\FSign\FSign.sqf";

Create a folder called Images in your mission addons folder, then inside Images create a folder called FSign and put your images in there. You can change any of the locations if you want obviously, just edit to reflect it.

Make sure to put your coords in the place of the 0000.0000 in the 2 spots in the script and set your facing direction in setDir. To add more entries just copy the code block and paste a new one and edit the name, _sign1 to _sign2, _sign3 etc etc and update the coords and you can add as many as you want.

Np man glad to help. I gave up on getting the Billboard to work. I tried a bunch of different sizes, even different aspect ratios and the billboard wouldn't texture. I think there has to be a defined area of the object to be re-textured in a config somewhere. I would have to dig for it and I am not into it enough to spend anymore time on it.

Hi guys, i cant make this to work on my server.
I've actually tried everything, but when i join my multiplayer server, it says : "Picture missing : pic.jpg"
As pic.jpg is the name of my texture.

Here is the way i do it :
in my server_function.sqf :
Code:
spawn_dzbf = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\builds\bill.sqf";

in my server_monitor.sqf:
Code:
[] spawn spawn_dzbf;

my bill.sqf :
Code:
if (isServer) then {
    _vehicle_0 = objNull;
    if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["SignM_FARP_Winchester_EP1", [6390.2578, 7880.5913, -0.00024414063], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_0 = _this;
  _this setDir 23.784355;
  _this setVehicleInit "this setObjectTexture [0, ""pic.jpg""]";
  _this setPos [6390.2578, 7880.5913, -0.00024414063];
};

};

My file pic.jpg is in the same folder as my bill.sqf.

I really don't understand where my mistake is.... I've been working on it for 2 weeks and i can't find any sh** working :(

I hope you'll help ! :)

TY !

Thx for the prompt answer, but it still not works ! :(

I've tried here :

421760971.png

and here :
324378222.png

but still the same message : "Picture not found"

Im actually looking for a nice rope to hang myself....

This is just a shot in the dark but would textures require the use of .paa file instead of JPEG since it's being applied as virtual 'paint'?

Nope.

You just don't place it to the right folder.

Your two pics show "dayz_server".

You need to place here (for exemple) c:/programs/steam/steamapp/common/arma2OperationArrowhed/MPMissions/dayz_epoch_11.chernarus

Ah nice catch. Post back if this works AP if you don't mind. I'm going to do some work on my servers if this is the case.

OMFGQqsfmqskjihfmqhflqsdfjih

IT WORKS !!!!!!!

Can i kiss your ass ????? :p I LOVE YOU SO MUCH !!!!
Thanks !!!

Back