DayZ 1.8.0.2 custom crash site loot

Inkko

Valued Member!
Okay I have this working now I have the download link to my file you will need to use to overwrite your own. I am running DayZ 1.8.0.3 and the code didn't look like it changed much between 1.8 to 1.8.0.3 so I would assume its compatible with 1.8 to 1.8.0.3

This changes the server_spawnCrashSite.sqf in a way to create your own loot table that they will use. I took this even further by adding a switch case to several different loot tables that are customizable. You can add loot tables or decrease loot tables. Making slight changes you could even make it so certain wrecks have certain loot tables. Give me feed back on what you think of this idea. It took me forever to finally get working and it was all due to one issue I somehow missed.

*updated 10/15/2013
https://www.dropbox.com/s/znapfivaswjubgb/server_spawnCrashSite.sqf

So this is basically what it does. instead of crash sites pulling from helicrashwest and helicrasheast loot tables. I have it setup to pull randomly from 4 custom loot tables.

Thought as50s didnt work in dayz since the new patches?

That was my bad its not suppose to be in there. I had to redo that switch case so many times I was just pulling random _itemTypes and chances from older pbos I had. Completely forgot about weapons that might have been removed. The switch case i have right now setup in the file, the different cases are fairly similar until I get time to go through them and make them have a better variety.

I've updated the file now and it does not have the AS50 in it anymore. I also am using this on 1.8.0.3 with no issues. I added several more comment lines in and commented out the default lines i replaced.

nice1, i actualy run a modified version myself but will try this, im really looking carepacks working again and have them spawn near the coast on a set of random co-ords

Been testing this on our server, changed some of the loot but works well, i extended the range from 4000 to 6000, have now seen crash sites as far as Prigorodki :)

Been testing this on our server, changed some of the loot but works well, i extended the range from 4000 to 6000, have now seen crash sites as far as Prigorodki :)

The loot tables I uncluded are pretty similar so its a good idea to change them. Have you done any work on care packages?

Still trying to get them working properly but with the increased range of the heli crashs now i can take my time :)

Yes, we originally had the an2 drop carepackage script before 1.8 patch came along, it doestn seem to work in this patch :/ Our players loved it, an2 wold fly to waypoints and parachute drop a carepack in, looked so cool

This is the script we used here

http://opendayz.net/threads/animate...ly-dropping-carepackages-at-way-points.12341/

I actually got this semi working, it conflicts with the crash sites tho for some reason getting an error:
Code:
 4:56:57 "PLANE IS AT END WAYPOINT on [1623.71,218.188,300]"
 4:56:57 "CRASHSPAWNER: Starting spawn logic for Crash Spawner"
 4:56:57 Error in expression < = _this select 6;
_spawnRadius = _this select 7;
_spawnFire = _this select 8;
_>
 4:56:57   Error position: <select 7;
_spawnFire = _this select 8;
_>
 4:56:57   Error Zero divisor
 4:56:57 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf, line 10
Pops up after anything to do with the plane script. But atleast it spawned all the crash sites on start and the planes are spawning in and flying around.

Strange. when ever i tried it in 1.8.0.3 i wasnt even getting the plane to spawn and fly, did u by any chance change any numbers in the loot piles etc ?

nul = [
6, //Number of the guaranteed Loot-Piles at the Crashside
3, //Number of the random Loot-Piles at the Crashside 3+(1,2,3 or 4)
(50*60), //Fixed-Time (in seconds) between each start of a new Chopper
(15*60), //Random time (in seconds) added between each start of a new Chopper
0.75, //Spawnchance of the Heli (1 will spawn all possible Choppers, 0.5 only 50% of them)
'center', //'center' Center-Marker for the Random-Crashpoints, for Chernarus this is a point near Stary
8000, // [106,[960.577,3480.34,0.002]]Radius in Meters from the Center-Marker in which the Choppers can crash and get waypoints
true, //Should the spawned crashsite burn (at night) & have smoke?
false, //Should the flames & smoke fade after a while?
2, //RANDOM WP
3, //GUARANTEED WP
1 //Amount of Damage the Heli has to get while in-air to explode before the POC. (0.0001 = Insta-Explode when any damage//bullethit, 1 = Only Explode when completly damaged)
] spawn server_spawnAN2;

Strange. when ever i tried it in 1.8.0.3 i wasnt even getting the plane to spawn and fly, did u by any chance change any numbers in the loot piles etc ?

nul = [
6, //Number of the guaranteed Loot-Piles at the Crashside
3, //Number of the random Loot-Piles at the Crashside 3+(1,2,3 or 4)
(50*60), //Fixed-Time (in seconds) between each start of a new Chopper
(15*60), //Random time (in seconds) added between each start of a new Chopper
0.75, //Spawnchance of the Heli (1 will spawn all possible Choppers, 0.5 only 50% of them)
'center', //'center' Center-Marker for the Random-Crashpoints, for Chernarus this is a point near Stary
8000, // [106,[960.577,3480.34,0.002]]Radius in Meters from the Center-Marker in which the Choppers can crash and get waypoints
true, //Should the spawned crashsite burn (at night) & have smoke?
false, //Should the flames & smoke fade after a while?
2, //RANDOM WP
3, //GUARANTEED WP
1 //Amount of Damage the Heli has to get while in-air to explode before the POC. (0.0001 = Insta-Explode when any damage//bullethit, 1 = Only Explode when completly damaged)
] spawn server_spawnAN2;

Only thing I changed was "(50*60), //Fixed-Time (in seconds) between each start of a new Chopper"
I changed it to (5*60) to increase how fast they spawned just to test it. I also placed it under the camp spawner instead of at the end of the file.

RPT log didnt even show it running for me :/ will have to try again (tried animated helis as well today, showed up in rpt log but not on the server :/ going by log loot was spawning in the sea )

Not sure whatsup with the error I'm getting lol. It doesn't make any sense to me how the plane script could somehow be calling the server_spawncrashsite at some point in it.

It looks like since they're using the same variables and they have different _this select # they're conflicting with eachother

Is there a way to increase the loot at the crash sites? So far i'd be lucky to have one gun and a can of beans. I want there to be much more.

Is it as easy as just increasing the chances? Or is there a limit to each crash?

EDIt

maybe i found it
in server_monitor

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, spawnOnStart, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
        [9, 4, 3, (10 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] call server_spawnCrashSite;
i guess the first number says how much loot is garanteed to spawn, as it says, right? Increased it to 9 on my end, had about 4 guns at a site though, which is more than before so i suppose it is right.

Back