DayZ Admin tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be working on adding this in and adding in all the proper BE script exceptions. This can be very useful if used the proper way. Some of this stuff I would have normally had to have done thru the DB, which can take a few minutes, but as I said proper use is needed so as not to have admin abuse imo.
I have the Zombie shield, debug, and weapon kits working so far with all my BE scripts. I'll be updating later if I can get the others working.
I have almost all of the scripts working with BE now. I might have some un-needed exceptions in the scipts.txt but once I finish it I'll upload it and people can look thru for what I changed. Gotta go to work now but once I'm off I'm gonna finish adding the rest of the script exceptions so these scripts will work with BE.

if you send me the file i will add it to the repo

I have talked with BluePhoenix175, and today we will start testing out the admin tool on taviana to see what the problems are and solving them as found. So, for those of you who are having issues, stand-by. I take no credit in the development of this tool, just wanted to let people know that testing will start so everyone using a taviana map can look forward to this.

what would be really good for this is a flag system that uses the in-game map that shows an admin when another player is executing a script menu or using other forms of scripting and then this admin can use this tool to move to said player - confirm - ban. This is what I would use this tool for, I know there is a way to do this as a "friendly" hacker has told me and shown me it is possible.
i will look into it

TSW Anticheat works great, server.pbo anticheat monitors or even custom Battleye-Rules... but this would require at least some skill (or time to get skill)... my servers have a low amount of cheaters, but this required time,work and research. As i said, becomming a cheater to fight cheaters isnt the right way, at least for a true admin.

But go on with your cheating, its a shame that now even admins become the biggest assholes in the game...

And TSW isn't cheating , how ? I have TSW and can confirm that "apart from being a huge buggy piece of shit with a crap interface to boot" it lets you spy on players with serious accuracy, even has teleporting and other "cheat-like" features. But you strike me as a bit of a troll anyway, so no point talking about this rationally.

You obviously have never been a real Network Admin (I have btw, 25 years if you include my teaching career). To catch a hacker you must think like a hacker, which means learning their tools, learning to be a hacker (if not always as good) and even using their own tools against them. You can fiddle with your firewalls, tweak your security settings, bodge your network traffic rules, but they'll always find a way round it.. The best way to fight hackers , is with a hacker mentality.. The same way police catch high profile criminals, by having officers think and behave like them so they can infiltrate their gangs, homes and organisations. Why do you think Scotland Yard employ some of the best hackers in the world ? Just a thought! :p

If you dont like what Phoenix is doing, then stop polluting his thread with your bullshit. His efforts (skills to you and me) are appreciated and I give this project my full support. As a developer, an IT teacher and ex-network security admin. This tool gets my beans any day :)

And TSW isn't cheating , how ? I have TSW and can confirm that "apart from being a huge buggy piece of shit with a crap interface to boot" it lets you spy on players with serious accuracy, even has teleporting and other "cheat-like" features. But you strike me as a bit of a troll anyway, so no point talking about this rationally.

You obviously have never been a real Network Admin (I have btw, 25 years if you include my teaching career). To catch a hacker you must think like a hacker, which means learning their tools, learning to be a hacker (if not always as good) and even using their own tools against them. You can fiddle with your firewalls, tweak your security settings, bodge your network traffic rules, but they'll always find a way round it.. The best way to fight hackers , is with a hacker mentality.. The same way police catch high profile criminals, by having officers think and behave like them so they can infiltrate their gangs, homes and organisations. Why do you think Scotland Yard employ some of the best hackers in the world ? Just a thought! :p

If you dont like what Phoenix is doing, then stop polluting his thread with your bullshit. His efforts (skills to you and me) are appreciated and I give this project my full support. As a developer, an IT teacher and ex-network security admin. This tool gets my beans any day :)

STOP IT. STOP IT. Your logic is forcing me to come in here over and over to hit them like buttons.

If you guys would like to have a debate about the ethics of using various admin tools, feel free to make a thread about it. This isn't it.

Reactions: Fox
I have my BE scripts.txt working with everything EXCEPT the esp/teleport which is what i mainly wanted sadly. The only problem is my BE scripts.txt also has exceptions for other scripts such as auto refuel and R3F logistics...

Yeah, Inkko has a similar issue most of my friends are having. They all use loads of customs scripts, so merging your scripts.txt with their own isn't an easy task. Would you be able to provide a per-script-need-to-add-to-your-scripts.txt file list? Also mention scripts that maybe don't need BE additions.

Caught a hacker a few hours ago, thanks to your scripts mate. Someone was moving pretty fast down the road with no vehicle (according to the dayz.st map tool), so I spectated and caught them driving a hacked-in humvee.. Was good to get some visual evidence before banning them. Only myself and one other admin have access to the tools, so the others need to escalate issues to us if they want eyes on etc.. Gives the whole server a new sense of security :)

I'm asking around about that stuff we talked about earlier. I'll drop you an email if anything comes of it.

I have my BE scripts.txt working with everything EXCEPT the esp/teleport which is what i mainly wanted sadly. The only problem is my BE scripts.txt also has exceptions for other scripts such as auto refuel and R3F logistics...
But its fairly easy to find what i changed. Just have to ctrl + F for each different script..

I have my BE scripts.txt working with everything EXCEPT the esp/teleport which is what i mainly wanted sadly.
that is the most complicated script out of the entire lot. im not surprised its the hardest to add a filter for.
The only problem is my BE scripts.txt also has exceptions for other scripts such as auto refuel and R3F logistics...
if you want to send that to me i will put in the leg work to make a "admin tools" BE scripts.txt, then the users who have other mods can just compare them and make the required changes.

Here is my script. It is very open, mind you, but I have a stance on hackers that they can bypass BE anyways. BE is more of a pain in the ass, imho. Anyways, use this at your own discretion, its very loose.

It accounts for just about every mod on opendayz, and then some custom ones.

Attachments

• scripts.txt
    50.5 KB · Views: 27
When I first started doing all this stuff - I simply disabled BE cuz I didn't have FTP access. The massive flood of hackers on unprotected servers is insane.... Soon as I got Dayz.ST at the time to basically set everything to 1 and have BE be toothless... hacker numbers plummeted. So while BE blows the wang at doing its job by catching hackers, it sure is a decent deterrent compared to no BE. Can't be bothered toying with that scripts file, but thanks for the contribution

I have DayZ.st but i have no idea where to even start with adding this :/ anyone help? I never done anything like this before :/

Update: Fixed ESP / Tele, added new hard coded hotkeys (check readme for instructions), cleaned up alot of code, and added inkkos BE scripts.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back