DayZ Admin tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i understand about BE scripts.txt ,#228 has nothing to do with accessing the server controll. did you attempt to access / do anything else?
Nope, i go into my server and load up the map and click server control. that's all did
Edit: If you want i can have you look at my setup and so forth through a free service call join.me?

Nope, i go into my server and load up the map and click server control. that's all did
Edit: If you want i can have you look at my setup and so forth through a free service call join.me?
i THINK this is the offending line
Code:
5 "[_this,\"players\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf\";"
inkko is better at BE then i am.

Ahh i see... well do you or anyone else here have a fix or workaround?
You can change the BE filter for it from 5 to 1 but that would allow anyone to be able to access those controls, and from those controls they can get certain admin actions which didn't seem to do anything when I changed the restriction to 1 in scripts.txt. The server control panel didn't really do anything anyways, it was more like a voting ballet. You could vote to restart mission, vote an admin, vote for a kick. I was the only one on the test server I tested it on so I'm not sure exactly what it all does.

You can change the BE filter for it from 5 to 1 but that would allow anyone to be able to access those controls, and from those controls they can get certain admin actions which didn't seem to do anything when I changed the restriction to 1 in scripts.txt. The server control panel didn't really do anything anyways, it was more like a voting ballet. You could vote to restart mission, vote an admin, vote for a kick. I was the only one on the test server I tested it on so I'm not sure exactly what it all does.
Fixed but now i need help on why the admin part of the mod isn't coming up...

the player ID can be found by going to Player Profile>>"PlayerName">>Edit, look in the bottom left hand corner for "Player ID" that is the number that needs to be added to the code

the player ID can be found by going to Player Profile>>"PlayerName">>Edit, look in the bottom left hand corner for "Player ID" that is the number that needs to be added to the code
ahh i added the BE UID first... But it says UID in the readme.md on your github, so i figured BE UID. Might want to change that lol :p and it works properly now! Thanks!

This is a perfect tool if there was someway to fix the lag issue
as i said earlier i am working to fix the lag issue, in order to fix it i need to re-wright a lot of code, and that's going to take time. i apologize for the inconvenience. i will get it finished as fast as i can with out cutting corners.

Love this tool and really want to use it. I tested it and it works great, but is unusable currently because of the Taviana loot/zombie spawn bug. Is there any ETA on a solve for the issue with Taviana?

Given the work you have done to implement this tool you really should setup a Paypal account so those that are interested can send donations your way. Thank you!

Love this tool and really want to use it. I tested it and it works great, but is unusable currently because of the Taviana loot/zombie spawn bug. Is there any ETA on a solve for the issue with Taviana?
thanks, currently sschwartz25 and i are testing several theories as to why there not spawning when we find the cause i will be able to give y'all a ETA

Given the work you have done to implement this tool you really should setup a Paypal account so those that are interested can send donations your way. Thank you!
i asked the administration staff what there policy was concerning asking for or accepting compensation via donation. this was the reply i received
By our Terms and Conditions you are NOT allowed to post anything related to donations and/or asking for them. Thank you for contacting us about this before taking any action.

Pwnoz0r

Hey thanks for all your work! This is an excellent tool. I can quite understand how this tool can be misused, but realistically, those who abuse this tool will succeed at little while those who use this tool for its purpose will prosper in numbers. For all of you who are complaining about his works and calling it cheating, consider this: If I were to use this as an admin for any reason that it was not intended for, and you figured it out, would you EVER join my server again.

Anyways - thats just my two cents!

I hope BE handels these commands as what they are: cheats ;) Wouldnt be the first admin that gets a global ban for using cheats on his own server :D

Can this really happens ?
Is there any chance to be global baned using this script as an admin on a private server ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back