DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

Hello, I am having all kinds of trouble installing this on my 1.0.5.1 overpoch server. I am running the Single Currency and Banking script (http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15177-release-single-currency-banking-11/?hl=currency)

Each script uses a "defines.hpp", what do I do with them? I had put the one related to Base Building 1.3 in the Dayz_Code folder and in description.ext I directed base building to look there for its defines.hpp. (#include "dayz_code\defines.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\build_recipe_dialog.hpp"
#include "dayz_code\build_recipe_list_dialog.hpp")

My Rpt log gives me all kinds of errors. (EG /Build_Recipe_Dialog/Controls.DialogBox: Undefined base class 'BOX'-- to fix that I went into defines.hpp and added "#define CT_BOX 17")
After that I get more errors about Rsc everything being already defined. (EG: mpmissions\dayz_epoch_24.Napf\defines.hpp, line 12: .RscFrame: Member already defined)
When I delete all the predefined Rsc stuff from the defines.hpp the server hangs at authentication.

At this point I do not know what I did wrong. Any help will be appreciated.

I have rolled back the server to before trying to install Base Building 1.3 in hopes that some advice and another install will work.

Last edited:
OK I will download it and check myself. There has to be a way for people to remove the things they build. Otherwise it would never go away from the DB.

this is in the player pack tent file. When you pack a tent it has to be removed from the DB to prevent it from spawning on restart.

Code:
if (isServer) then {
        PVDZE_obj_Delete call server_deleteObj;
    } else {
        PVDZE_obj_Delete = [_objectID,_objectUID,_activatingPlayer];
        publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Delete";
    };

Ok I pasted this at the end of player remove and it still didn't work.
You cannot just paste this, you need to use the correct variables that the base building requires from this code.

Open your player_remove.sqf inside the dayz_code for the base building.
There may be two parts where it calls the DB to remove, idk i havent messed with epoch in a minute.
Find all instances where the file tells the DB to update and paste over it with the variables from the code i pasted.

PVDZE_obj_Delete is the variable that should be used instead of whatever it says. If it already uses this variable then it is possible you need to ammend the code block to include activatingPlayer parameter in the public variable.

Thanks for the help I am just going to remove the remove option so people cant glitch the stuff. That will solve my problem for now.

I have it working except the player cant delete the items that they place down.
Yeah that is the same prob i have but it is due to the variable _authorizedUID
That variable wants to use the select _this method and call a specific array set and then the string or value in that specific set of the array. The prob w this is that the new hivemind uses a style to save now. I understand wherein the problem lies but I am not quite versed enough in key calls, extensions and array selectors to fix it completely. :(

Edit:
Also time....lol time is a huge factor :p

It really sucks that one of the best mods out there was given up on.
Well not exactly. I don't give up very easily. I have this working after I removed the need for flags, which is kind of weird for an open world game anyway o_O

The only thing I paused on while editing was the remove part. The database has to be read from pbo a bit different than before since the hivemind came into play. Other than that its working great for me.

As in 1.8.2 Airraid/DZAI/BB13 finally fixed my probs , so we wait for 1.8.3 and do the shuffle again

Last edited:
Well not exactly. I don't give up very easily. I have this working after I removed the need for flags, which is kind of weird for an open world game anyway o_O

The only thing I paused on while editing was the remove part. The database has to be read from pbo a bit different than before since the hivemind came into play. Other than that its working great for me.
ok old thread i know but did you ever get this working properly and using the steam UID's?

Iam VERY interested in that too. could be a MUSTHAVE if its working.
( tried it 4 times on a fresh server but unfort. i didnt succeeded)

Back