DayZ Server-Hopping.

noaim

Im sure there is someone on here that is able to help me.. i looked through all arma and dayZ Communities for a script that blocks Server-Hoppers and found none.

Is it possible to build a script that blocks players for 5-10 mins from other Server Instances?

for example, user connects Server #1 plays, disconnects changes server to Server #2 and gets the message "you have been blocked for ghosting for 5 mins" but is still allowed to reconnect back onto Server #1.

that would solve alot trouble, and stop alot combatloggers too..

You would need to code something to do it unless someone already has.

When I wrote my automatic whitelisting application I used the source code for this project to get me started
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/87083-whitelist-to-the-rescue/

I guess I would record my logins to an SQL table saving GUID and time, any time a user connects to the server I would look to that table to see when they last logged in and if it was <5 mins ago kick them.

The whitelister source will show you how you can interact with the game over RCON, see when a player has connected and get his GUID.

Yip as seaweeduk says it would be easier to make an external applications that tracks the servers clients and either stores their last known place in memory or in sql if you want to make each server have their own dedicated console.

I use www.bigbrotherbot.net, Python developed rcon utility, Very versatile and easy to make plugins for. Would be the best base program to run of to get what you desire.

Back