DayZ Taviana 3.0 Update rolling changelist

I would love to recommend/request adding in the MK 16 and MK 17 series of guns, could add lot more variety, and bit different from the M16/M4 everybody has or uses.

Here is my list of suggestions. [by no means comprehensive!]
-Fix where no loot is spawning when approaching buildings with a vehicle
-Introduce more measures against combat logging
-Allow corpses to be stripped of there clothes
-Allow the detachment of vehicles parts
-Introduce more spawn points and evenly distribute the chance of spawning at each of them evenly
-Allow the player to choose at least between two fixed spawning locations preferable at each of the islands (3rd is random)
-Allow players to open their chute voluntarily rather then on ejection [that way you can perform what is known as a HALO jump]
-Removal of corpses
--Preferably implement the carrying over of corpses into a restarted server and set them on a despawn timer of no less than 3 hrs
--or if thats not possible let them linger until a restart
-Look into replacing AS50/M107 with M110 NVG [less range, less damage but zeroing up to 800m and semi-auto]
-Allow certain vehicles to be loaded as cargo into certain other vehicles [Load a car into osprey eg] and in case of aerial carrier vehicles to drop the cargo on a chute

When I come up with more Ill add it here.

Hey everyone, I apologize for the delay in response. I try and take Saturday off from everything to game and unwind.

A few bullet points:

• I don't have anything to do with Pwn's work with the updated Taviana map, but I do support his standing up to attempted "copyright" bullying.
  • We had secured ticket opening against anonymous tickets due to spam bots, but now that we have Falcon on board to keep the bots at bay, I've opened anon ticket creation back up.
  • I've got alot of reading to do here, with these suggestions - I'll make sure to update DCR tickets and the changelog by tomorrow morning.
Thank You all for the support, and feedback. ;)

I like the idea of taking stuff off of a vehicle and the halo jumps, and the no loot spawning when driving up in a vehicle would be nice too. The smelting of cans into scrap would be nice. there are alot of good sujestions here guys.

There's a lot of suggestions here. Some good and some not so much so (IMO). I think people are getting a bit carried away though. I would rather have an update which was just for the latest version of DayZ if it came out this week, than something which could take many weeks.

I'm sure whatever Hicks decides will be taking the map in the right direction.

I agree that i would like to have a new version soon, but the suggestions are very nice and would be very good for the map. Im sure that Hicks will probably only put in what is quick to do and then put the other stuff in for a 3.1 update or something like that. some of the stuff that has been suggested could be done quickly like the spawning in with a parachute im sure but others such as the opening up all of the guns, skins and vehicles might have to wait for the next update. im sure they will get what they can to us when they can. Just the fact that they are opening a form asking questions for what players and admins think would add to the map is a step in the right direction already and is very much appreciated!!!

We have already had halo spawns and jumps on our servers thanks to some of the guys contributing there scripts on Opendayz,some still have them some don't because some of the scripts affected our anti hacks so we felt it was better to remove the halo rather than remove the anti hacks:p

Also the stripping of the parts is something that can be done by admins again with scripts that can be found on these forums so i don't think it is needed to be done by the Tav devs since we can do it ourselves.

A lot more will come when Taviana is updated to 1.7.6 or whatever it is at the release time so i think small steps to start with as long as we get the new DayZ code implemented on the map sooner rather than later it will be a great start :D

A lot of the cool scripts you see on individual servers are borrowed from other folks work - for use in DayZ Taviana we'll need to either get consent from the original author, or type a quick one up ourselves.

We're already looking into several really nice scripts for things such as vehicle part removal, and such.

1.7.6.1 is included in the 3.0 update ;)

Give me a day or so guy on these tickets. I'm not always looking to be honest. I have a job as well as taking care of Survival operations servers too. But I'll get rid of these damn bot ads ASAP.

A lot of the cool scripts you see on individual servers are borrowed from other folks work - for use in DayZ Taviana we'll need to either get consent from the original author, or type a quick one up ourselves.

We're already looking into several really nice scripts for things such as vehicle part removal, and such.

1.7.6.1 is included in the 3.0 update ;)
But can we get an estimated release date please? Its frustrating watching people playing with the cool patch features on Chernaurus but then nothing on Tavi (a much better map to many people)

We have already had halo spawns and jumps on our servers thanks to some of the guys contributing there scripts on Opendayz,some still have them some don't because some of the scripts affected our anti hacks so we felt it was better to remove the halo rather than remove the anti hacks:p

Also the stripping of the parts is something that can be done by admins again with scripts that can be found on these forums so i don't think it is needed to be done by the Tav devs since we can do it ourselves.

A lot more will come when Taviana is updated to 1.7.6 or whatever it is at the release time so i think small steps to start with as long as we get the new DayZ code implemented on the map sooner rather than later it will be a great start :D

The problem is that no one has halo spawns working on tavi with out bugs and im sure that if anyone can do it, it would be the makers of the map. since they distributed the pbo's out to everyone. and then people dont have to hand them out to the people playing on there servers. thats why i was wanting to try to get my suggestions in to them.

I think that would be hard to put a date on release and pressure to developers on something that is not ready. It will be ready when they finish.

I can't wait myself for new version of taviana:)

So any progress updates mayhap? I would love some info! :)

Also Falcon there seems to be a lot of shit being created in terms of tickets over at the development.taviana.com site.
Isnt there a way of making it registration only with a captcha system?
Should keep out most of the ads.

Would you care to elaborate?
Making claims like this feels a bit hollow without anything to back it up.

Back