Death Screen and sound

number 5
4pt75pu.png

My list was facetious ... the ONLY valid choice was number 8.. .. post your entire RPT log ... that error you posted just shows that the _playerID that is passed to playerdied.sqf is invalid but we still dont know why because its being passed from a different file ..

Did some checking .
player_death.sqf is coming from your dayz_code/compiles folder and needs to be imported into your mission

• http://opendayz.net/threads/death-screen-and-sound.18718/ step 2 ..
  • DO NOT proceed to step 3 until you have completed step 2 or you done messed up.
  • DO NOT proceed to messing up step 2 until you have completed step 1.
  • AND then, and ONLY then can you proceed to step 3, 4 and 5 in order, carefully following each step.

Last edited:
back to the original list of selections .. select option 8 and post your RPT log. Nobody quite knows what "bugs" is unless you mean the wascally wabbit.

Never mind, got it :p

I used the wrong player_death.sqf. not the one from code but from server -.-
Sory for wasting everyones time here!
Might wanna add this to FAQ or something :)

its not wasting anyones time if you have a problem and it gets fixed.
Congratulations on finding it yourself and thanks giving me an opportunity for a meme posting ...
And what should we add to the FAQ?
Q: What should I do if it doesnt work as expected?
A: Read the installation directions AGAIN and ensure all steps were followed correctly.

although to be honest, that instructions doesn't say explicitly that you have to import the dayz_code file so it could be a tad confusing. The tipoff that something is wrong though when you get to the step where it says "find this code" and replace it with this .. which is impossible if you are using the wrong file.

well no, it acctually had the lines it needed ;)

These lines are in both player_death.sqf:
_body setVariable["combattimeout", 0, true];

sleep 2;

1 cutRsc ["DeathScreen","BLACK OUT",3];

playMusic "dayz_track_death_1";

So you mean you edited the one in dayz_code/compiles instead of editing the one in your mission? .. I thought when you said you used the wrong one you meant you used player_deaths.sqf or player_died.sqf from your dayz_server.pbo

no problem though. as long as you arent broke anymore ..

The time between the death of the player and when the list of players/option to disconnect or "ok" is displayed is very short. Way too short for any music. How can I extend that time?

Back