Full moon nights - Randomly goes pitch dark with no moon in sky?

dagg929

Anyone else have this issue? I have dynamicweather with everything off in terms of overcast and the like but every 20-30 mins or so when the moon is meant to transition it just disappears and goes dark for my entire server.

Is this just me, or? I'm not talking it gets dark-er. I am talking pitch black with full stars, no moon, and that is it.

A relog fixes this entirely and everything ends up bright again.

I'd be interested to see how other server admins handle this problem or have gotten around it, if you have.

Thanks

It has an effect on my server meanwhile. Know of the fix? If it's a server-side one or one I can include, I'll gladly port it over like I do to bypass loot tables or fix the teleport antihack bug.

I'd really appreciate it. My full 50 man server starts to dump players everytime this happens (which is a lot at night.)

I really miss my full moons :( Did anyone find the source of this bug the new patch is taking so long to be released

Mine never blinked out until recently. And its REALLY random, too. I have no idea what custom script is causing this at all yet.

This is problem with the server_cleanup.fsm

Check this thread. On page 2 I posted a fix for it.

http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-setup-full-moon-nights.165/page-2

I've tried the bliss file, the server cleanup method and both at the same time. When I'm using the server_cleanup.fsm method I never see a different date from my defined full moon one in the .rpt file, but everyone still experiences a flash to darkness and has to relog. I've not had working full moons the last 2 dayz patches :(

i've had this problem when clearing all weather off the server/ changing the view distance.

i've had this problem when clearing all weather off the server/ changing the view distance.

hmm I had the weather file in there specifically for the full moons anyway, maybe I should try it with default weather.

TorturedChunk, I have had my fsm file with those setting all along. It is only recently that the moon started blinking out on me.

I took put my dynamicweather file back to the dayz default and all appears to be working fine again thanks for the tip blur

I've had this issue twice now within the last 2 months, so not really a big deal, plus a server restart seemed to have fixed the issue both times

I've had this issue twice now within the last 2 months, so not really a big deal, plus a server restart seemed to have fixed the issue both times

Could be a hacker running setDate then maybe? I had the issue pretty consistently every 30 minutes until I removed my dynamicweather file.

Anyone running working full moons and modified weather?

Back