grid locations

GaryG

Hey Sarge, I feel real stupid asking this but could you (or someone) please explain to me how the grid works? I am use to using "worldspace" locations with radius'. I understand that Ex:
Code:
// BRANIBOR, 3 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    _check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[3,1,3],[60,50,75],[2,3,3]],"SAR_area_2_1"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

the "SAR_area_2_1" is the grid for the spawn. Correct? Where im lost is that when I look at the map (DayZ.st map) that grid is at the bottom left in the ocean. I know this is not correct and is an error on my end.

1. What map should I be using?
and
2. Will it be self explanatory then?

I already have your animated Heli crashes in my server so Ill go back through that tut to see if I need to adjust anything to go with this. Thanks in advance!

Add: I already have Sycosis Ai in my server (installed b4 i seen yours months ago). It does not conflict with the Animated chopper crashes. Will it conflict with this framework if I have both in?

Sycosis will not work with my framework.

animated helicrashes is not done by me .-)

and finally: depends on your map.

The grid can be defined in the cfg_grid_xxxx.sqf file (where xxx is the name of your map).

adjust it / restart server and see what happens. You need to adjust it until it covers your maparea.

Have a look at the screenshots on my github, you can see how a grid should look like there.

Sarge

Thank you for the prompt reply! I'm using Tavi 2.0. I'll check the github to see if I can better understand it from there. Any chance you could post the link? I'm on my phone right now so searching is a pain, lol.

edit: nevermind, found the github

edit again: god among men!! Thats what I needed! now it makes sense! Thanks again!

Hey Sarge, I have the debug set up right now and can see the circled x's with unit numbers on the map. They are moving rather quickly so I am assuming these are heli patrols. 5 in blue and one in red (bandit?). Thats all I am seeing at this point. My player is currently in the Branibor zone so shouldnt I at least see the preset ground NPC? Something like 2-bandits, 1-soldiers, and 2-survivors? Before I go live with this I want to be sure I didnt miss a setup procedure to get them working.

if you turned dynamic spawning on, AND you didn't zero the values out in SAR_config, AND you didnt zero out the values for these grids in your cfg_grps file, you should see them on the map.

Blue = friendly, red = enemy (=bandit). The heli spawns are static spawns.

Verify in your rpt that the dynamic ones are really spawning. Set SAR_DEBUG and SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG on and check.

Sarge

i do now. I auto assumed that the circled x's were for choppers only but I got it now. Thanks again!

Here is the AI Grid ... 0,0 to 5,5 ... its size will vary depending on the CFG_GRID info.

8ocxual.png

Back