HALO Jump Tutorial - Simplified

Has halo spawn been fixed yet? - Will it require a simple removal of the dayz anti TP garbage?

Works fine for me. I didn't use the supplied cleanup file though, I used my own from the "recent updated" dayz_code ... No TP kicks, other than the choppy animations while steering this is pretty cool :)

Someone should Send me a demo folder or something so I can see what i am doing wrong. Please and Thank you.

You mean someone should send you a working pbo so you don't have to work it out for yourself :p
Pretty much, I mean i tried it twice, not only did it not work, but it teased me with the option, wouldn't allow me to do it, and also disabled everyones ability to do custom actions such as gut and light fires. I think it had to do with the compile type situation but ive tried bits and pieces and its pissin me off haha.

@Neo442

Then look at your servers report file, check for any clues and fix them. I can pretty much guess from what you've told me that there's an error in your self actions file.. Think about it, if you get the option to halo but nothing happens, and ALL other actions suddenly don't work anymore... Sounds to me like you've got a bracket, comma or similar missing from your code.

Can you just tell us what to add in Server_cleanup and object because i run namalsk and i dont want to mess it up? Or will it still work just fine

I would rather not overwrite my server_UpdateObject.sqf & server_cleanup.fsm since they've been heavily modified - Having issues when comparing - Can't tell what parts in the updateobject are relevant to this, not to mention knowing what needs to be added and where will help in the future when these files change with the patches.

Works fine for me. I didn't use the supplied cleanup file though, I used my own from the "recent updated" dayz_code ... No TP kicks, other than the choppy animations while steering this is pretty cool :)
I don't suppose you're willing to share the cleanup file that you used are you?

I would rather not overwrite my server_UpdateObject.sqf & server_cleanup.fsm since they've been heavily modified - Having issues when comparing - Can't tell what parts in the updateobject are relevant to this, not to mention knowing what needs to be added and where will help in the future when these files change with the patches.

You know you're not going to get a reply to this, right? I didn't use either of those two files in the end , and for some reason its working fine on my server. So if that's the case then why are they being referenced here? Does the OP have any idea what they posted? Would be nice to see a few answers for the several important questions already being asked :p

I guess if it works without the changes, whatever!

I was comparing the files with the latest ones from the original code and all I could see was huge chunks of code ripped out, which doesn't make sense. Either those files are decades old (and need updating either way then) or something really important is missing from the OPs instructions!

Try it yourself without the files and let me know if it works for you.. Keep in mind though that I already have those files indexed in my missions fixes folder for something else.. Just in case that's a factor somehow !

So I am having one major issue. It will give all players the option to Halo Jump, but only some players the option to Open Chute, which is leading to quite a number of deaths!

Any idea why this is happening?

I'm running into an issue with hueys not getting the option to HALO jump, while other air vehicles do. At this point I'm pretty confused as to what is causing this because on a rare occasion a huey will get the HALO jump option for no apparent reason with no apparent pattern.

Edit: Also seeing this with MI17s now, but no problems with the little birds or the plane

Edit Edit: fixed, fuck the fn_selfActions method.

can you be more specific, there is many different sub sections in this file where i could put this incorrectly. under progressloadingscreen 0.8 or what?

add this line to compiles.sqf in mission.pbo where all the other compiles are (Similar Lines):
Code:
Code:
bis_fnc_halo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_HALO.sqf";

Here's my working server_UpdateObject.sqf with halo edit:
Code:
/*
[_object,_type] spawn server_updateObject;
*/
private ["_object","_type","_objectID","_uid","_lastUpdate","_needUpdate","_object_position","_object_inventory","_object_damage","_isNotOk"];

_object =    _this select 0;
_type =    _this select 1;
_parachuteWest = (typeOf _object == "ParachuteBase") or (typeOf _object == "BIS_Steerable_Parachute");
_isNotOk = false;

_objectID =    _object getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
_uid =        _object getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

if ((typeName _objectID != "string") || (typeName _uid != "string")) then
{
    diag_log(format["Non-string Object: ID %1 UID %2", _objectID, _uid]);
    //force fail
    _objectID = "0";
    _uid = "0";
};

_lastUpdate = _object getVariable ["lastUpdate",time];
_needUpdate = _object in needUpdate_objects;

_object_position = {
    private["_position","_worldspace","_fuel","_key"];
    _position = getPosATL _object;
    _worldspace = [
        round(direction _object),
        _position
    ];
    _fuel = 0;
    if (_object isKindOf "AllVehicles") then {
        _fuel = fuel _object;
    };
    _key = format["CHILD:305:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_worldspace,_fuel];
    diag_log ("HIVE: WRITE: "+ str(_key));
    _key call server_hiveWrite;
};

_object_inventory = {
    private["_inventory","_previous","_key"];
    _inventory = [
        getWeaponCargo _object,
        getMagazineCargo _object,
        getBackpackCargo _object
    ];
    _previous = str(_object getVariable["lastInventory",[]]);
    if (str(_inventory) != _previous) then {
        _object setVariable["lastInventory",_inventory];
        if (_objectID == "0") then {
            _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory];
        } else {
            _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory];
        };
    };
};

_object_damage = {
    private["_hitpoints","_array","_hit","_selection","_key","_damage"];
    _hitpoints = _object call vehicle_getHitpoints;
    _damage = damage _object;
    _array = [];
    {
        _hit = [_object,_x] call object_getHit;
        _selection = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _object) >> "HitPoints" >> _x >> "name");
        if (_hit > 0) then {_array set [count _array,[_selection,_hit]]};
    } forEach _hitpoints;
    _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_array,_damage];
    _object setVariable ["needUpdate",false,true];
};

_object_killed = {
    _array = [];
    {
        _selection = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _object) >> "HitPoints" >> _x >> "name");
        _hit = 1;
        _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]
    } forEach _hitpoints;
    _damage = 1;

if (_objectID == "0") then {
        _key = format["CHILD:306:%1:%2:%3:",_uid,_array,_damage];
    } else {
    };
};

_object_repair = {
    _array = [];
    {
        _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]
    } forEach _hitpoints;

};

_object setVariable ["lastUpdate",time,true];
switch (_type) do {
    case "all": {
        call _object_position;
        call _object_inventory;
        call _object_damage;
    };

case "position": {

if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then {
            diag_log format["DEBUG Position: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object];
            needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object];
        };

case "gear": {
        call _object_inventory;
    };

case "damage": {
        if ( (time - _lastUpdate) > 5 && !_needUpdate ) then {
            call _object_damage;
        } else {
                if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then {
                diag_log format["DEBUG Damage: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object];
                needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object];
            };
        };
    };

case "killed": {
        call _object_killed;
    };

case "repair": {
        call _object_damage;
    };
};

oh my b, I got halo jump to work.. but when the server starts getting high pop.. the Halo option comes up late and ppl just fall and die.

ok so i got this to work. when ever i did use the halo sometimes i would FLY one direction. like FLY 100m one direction, if i dont use the parachute i would slide on the ground at 100m/s. also when i used the parachute and it would fill with air and start pulling me up it would break my bones and kill me. dont know if i did somthing wrong but i did everything to the tutorial and wasnt very happy with the outcome.​

Back