[help] AI troops keep multiplying each restart!

I checked it out in the editor, wondering how I'd do something like this for a different map. What tools are required? What guides did you use to learn?

I'd like to make Celle's Highway 7 have Bandits.

I posted this in another thread as well, but give me a few days and I will make a tutorial on how to add AI and heli patrols to a map. Last night I was able to figure out how to add helis and get them to patrol around the map on a non rMod server. So I want to finish up my map first and then I'll make a tutorial for you guys on how I did it.

I posted this in another thread as well, but give me a few days and I will make a tutorial on how to add AI and heli patrols to a map. Last night I was able to figure out how to add helis and get them to patrol around the map on a non rMod server. So I want to finish up my map first and then I'll make a tutorial for you guys on how I did it.

That would be awesome if you could do so joker!

NP at all. I just hope someone is able to figure out how to get helis to stay that you place in via the mission editor. If I can find a fix for this, I can explain how to make the heli patrols. I'm not even going into that until I find a fix for it though, because that is a little bit more involved because you have to link the AI to the helis and whatnot. So if one of you guys knows of a fix that will keep the birds from exploding once you fire up your server the playing field opens for so much more, heli patrols, transport via helis, transport via vehicles (i.e. a bus route to pick up players) etc.....

This is just the one thing holding me back from creating some cool shit. I tried rmod but it still blows up my shit when I start my server.

Comment out these lines in your server_cleanup.fsm

"//Check for hackers" \n
" {" \n
" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
"diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
" (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
" _x setDamage 1;" \n
"};" \n
" } forEach allUnits;" \n
"" \n

Like this

\\ "//Check for hackers" \n
\\ " {" \n
\\ " if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
\\ "diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle \\_x));" \n
\\ " (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
\\ " _x setDamage 1;" \n
\\ "};" \n
\\ " } forEach allUnits;" \n
\\ "" \n

Hello 3djoker,

Cheers, after so god damb many attemps at getting any PBO mission files working and all failing I went on a last ditch search for some valid info and came accross this thread, I have taken your mission files, and cleaned it back to just the AI then used the text files to get an idea on how to set mine up and found heaps i missed, but it now works, I would like to put and acknowledgement to you on my splash screen if you dont mind but was also wondering one thing with the AI as it was one of the main things I messed up. If I give them a bigger area to patrol, or move them, do I have to change any text files? and if I add more in same again, will I have to change the text files?

Hello 3djoker,

Cheers, after so god damb many attemps at getting any PBO mission files working and all failing I went on a last ditch search for some valid info and came accross this thread, I have taken your mission files, and cleaned it back to just the AI then used the text files to get an idea on how to set mine up and found heaps i missed, but it now works, I would like to put and acknowledgement to you on my splash screen if you dont mind but was also wondering one thing with the AI as it was one of the main things I messed up. If I give them a bigger area to patrol, or move them, do I have to change any text files? and if I add more in same again, will I have to change the text files?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I've not had time to try it for my server yet but I believe UPS-A2 / DAC handles the generation of this data.

SO what your saying is I can open the UPS file in NP++ and just edit the values, i.e. the patrol area, and then reload the PBO and it will generate a larger patrol area?
I am totaly new to the NPC's thing and PBO's, all my other edits have always been via mission biedi to sqf, nothing like this.

Back