[Help/Discussion] Zabns Take Clothes

Yes, unfortunately this is not standalone. I don't think Arma 2 has a way of stripping people down or using modular clothing.

Well i was not expecting a character in underwear laying on the ground after taking the skin, because i know arma2 has no modular clothing. But i did expect it to go to the survivor skin (nobody wants that skin anyway, and thus leave it be if they see it).

Not that this is a big issue. If clothes already have been taken, the menu just doesn't show up. The script works perfectly other than this minor detail, and it was very easy to install!

Well i was not expecting a character in underwear laying on the ground after taking the skin, because i know arma2 has no modular clothing. But i did expect it to go to the survivor skin (nobody wants that skin anyway, and thus leave it be if they see it).

Not that this is a big issue. If clothes already have been taken, the menu just doesn't show up. The script works perfectly other than this minor detail, and it was very easy to install!
that is also intended, you can only take clothes off a dead body once

any reason why the menu is hard to click, like when u highlight take clothes you have .5 sec to click it or it kicks you to the top menu given

Hello having a few problems with my server as soon as I add this script.

First when I try to reload my guns they do not switch to a full magazine they keep the same magazine even if it has 1 bullet.
Second if I have a secondary gun equiped I can still reload my primary weapon without having it equiped.
Third when inside vehicles there is a new option called unload xxxxx <- vehicle name, sometimes it has that option 4 times
Fourth it seems it lags the server a bit for some weird reason, it's reducing fps.
Fifth every time I change clothes it was making my character go ahhhhh like he was dying or got hit or whatever.

Can't find the places where you say to add the codes in my fn_selfAction.sqf

How my file looks like without adding any code you said:
//Sleep
if(_isTent and _ownerID == dayz_characterID) then {
if ((s_player_sleep < 0) and (player distance _cursorTarget < 3)) then {
s_player_sleep = player addAction [localize "str_actions_self_sleep", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_sleep.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_sleep;
s_player_sleep = -1;
};

it seems to also be different code from the one you told me to search

//Sleep
if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and _canDo and _ownerID == dayz_characterID) then {
if ((s_player_sleep < 0) and (player distance cursorTarget < 3)) then {
s_player_sleep = player addAction [localize "str_actions_self_sleep", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_sleep.sqf",cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_sleep;
s_player_sleep = -1;
};

and I also don't have
player removeAction s_player_fillfuel5;
s_player_fillfuel5 = -1;

in my file can't seem to find that to add this code under it:
// Take Clothes by Zabn @ Balota Buddies
player removeAction s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;

Yes I did grab fn_selfActions.sqf from dayz_code.pbo

How my init.sqf looks:
//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf"; //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf"; //Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

What my server is using:

DayZ Epoch 1.0.4
Wicked AI 0.173
Custom Loadout
Service Point (ReArm, Refuel, Repair)
DeBug monitor
Self Bloodbag
2 Custom cities

I was wondering if I could just remove the fn_selfactions.sqf and just add this []execVM "custom/player_takeClothes.sqf"; at the end of my init.sqf file that is located in /MPMissions/xxxxxx/xxx/

Having an issue with this scripts. We're able to take clothes but people cannot get into their safe. Is there a fix for this?

For the last two posters, your issues are either mistakes you've made installing this or some other addon interfering as I have been running this on epoch for a long time and still do on 1.0.4.2a right now. All is well. I have installed this before and had trouble unlocking cars etc. but it was an error on my part, I just can't remember what it was that I missed but it was absolutely something I did wrong.

For Novuhz, you're not going to find the exact code in a new version of epoch that matches the instructions but it looks like you've found the right area after the //Sleep... Also here's a snip from my code for the "fillfuel" area...

player removeAction s_player_boil;
s_player_boil = -1;
player removeAction s_player_fireout;
s_player_fireout = -1;
player removeAction s_player_packtent;
s_player_packtent = -1;
player removeAction s_player_fillfuel;
s_player_fillfuel = -1;
// Take Clothes by Zabn @ Balota Buddies
player removeAction s_player_clothes;
s_player_clothes = -1;

player removeAction s_player_studybody;
s_player_studybody = -1;
//Dog
player removeAction s_player_tamedog;
s_player_tamedog = -1;

For me it's around line 895. I remember when I first started trying this script I was confused too because there are actually about 3 places in that file that have a similar ...fillfuel... code. This is where I put it and all works just fine.

Can someone help me out with this? I've followed the directions correctly. But it's still not letting people get into their safes. Please let me know what files you need me to link to pastebin. Thanks

Can someone help me out with this? I've followed the directions correctly. But it's still not letting people get into their safes. Please let me know what files you need me to link to pastebin. Thanks
I'd need to see your custom fn_selfactions.sqf and custom compiles.sqf. I'd also need to know your file paths to these files: player_takeClothes.sqf, your custom compiles.sqf, and fn_selfaction.sqf

I'd need to see your custom fn_selfactions.sqf and custom compiles.sqf. I'd also need to know your file paths to these files: player_takeClothes.sqf, your custom compiles.sqf, and fn_selfaction.sqf

http://pastebin.com/5eLZEw5Y (fnselfactions)
http://pastebin.com/rP64m4fj (compiles)

on my computer, the paths are..

compiles = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\Scripts
fn_selfActions = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\Scripts
player_takeClothes = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\DayZ_Epoch_13.Tavi\Scripts

So I've never seen anyone run the server from their desktop but ok...

I've looked at your files, I'm not seeing anything obvious, one last thing I can think of to check would be the compiles call in your init.sqf file. What does that call look like and where is it in your init.sqf?

Is your fn_selfaction.sqf an up to date version? Rebuild that file using the latest version from the newest epoch client files (dayz_code.pbo). Other than that I don't see anything obviously wrong with what you have done.

Again, with some folders living on your desktop while other server files live elsewhere, you'd have to be sure that all things point to the correct place back and forth.

Back