How high is the DebugFPS value on your Server ?

NeverUsedID

Hello,

we have performanceprobs on our Server. If more than 20 people are on our server the Debug fps drops under 11 fps and can go to 3 fps before restart.

Is this normal ?

What has a huge impact on that fps ?

Misson.pbo placed buildings ?
Animated crashsides ?

If you dont have these Problems and you have a German Hoster: Maybe you can give me the hosters name (Hope thats not against the forum rules).

1.7.6.1 server performance is bad - pretty much nothing you can do about it
Still 11 FPS @ 20 players is not normal. You host i probably overselling slots/servers like most company's do.

What has a huge impact on that fps ?
Mostly zeds, loot spawn/despawn and AI.
Wait for 1.7.7

Not realy, we have a badass server with a cpu idling at 30% when server is at 40/40, while debug-fps goes down to 1-2... its just arma/dayz netcode. Reducing Zombies can have an impact... but not a realy big one.

Zeds are clientside ...you will not see a big impact if you optimize these.

AI is a topic (see my post about the headless client because of that) as well as number of vehicles.

In essence the above statement is right, especially with the code that a lot of the mods use, not being optimized.

Sarge

having ~2-4 fps when 50-55 players with 50 static npcs, 350 vehicles and anim crashsites every ~12min.
root, 3.4ghz xeon,hdd 7.2k, 1gbit/1gbit. debian squeeze with kvm/qemu and win2012 server with virtio drivers.
iam interested to know if a ssd is going to make an impact on performance/desync.
and if there might be performance increasements by running windows as none vm. (sucks)
still having many guys on the server complaining about low fps at 1.7.7.*

if you wanna buy a root check out hetzner or webtropia. have experiences with both, if you want some information -> pm.

having ~2-4 fps when 50-55 players with 50 static npcs, 350 vehicles and anim crashsites every ~12min.
root, 3.4ghz xeon,hdd 7.2k, 1gbit/1gbit. debian squeeze with kvm/qemu and win2012 server with virtio drivers.
iam interested to know if a ssd is going to make an impact on performance/desync.
and if there might be performance increasements by running windows as none vm. (sucks)

if you wanna buy a root check out hetzner or webtropia. have experiences with both, if you want some information -> pm.

Thx for reply.

Have looked at hetzner. Dont like that they want +19 EUR for a windowsserver :(

its fair if you consider the price for a license.
students of unis with msdnaa support dont have to pay for nearly all ms products/licenses.
maybe u know somebody...

Ours has dropped from 40-50FPS to 3>50 fluctuating, but resting at around 7. Its the cleanup script in 1.7.7.1 going mad.

From what I've heard an SSD can have a massive effect on server side performance, wish I could afford to put it to the test.

I can also confirm Hetzner are a decent host, loving both the price and the performance since I switched. Still mad jealous of BMRF, I wonder how low their FPS drops are - http://puu.sh/2Ziqr.png

Back