How to setup Full Moon Nights

Thanks cyrq for posting a better install of the code for people!

I have since moved away from a standard host and to modding my own version of DayZ on a Dedicated server. I have access to the Hive.ini and it makes it way easier. Hopefully they add that file access to those who rent from hosts.

Enjoy!

Don't want to 'jack' the thread but i what dedicated host have you gone with TorturedChunk? Also what are your monthly fees for hosting dedicated?

I still can't get this working, worked on my initial test but later members reported total darkness again (I have fog set to and over cast set to 0 in my weather settings)

here's my server_monitor http://pastebin.com/pZiDJZWU

and server cleanup : http://pastebin.com/xSfPW5vz

I've repacked the pbo and I know its working because all my other pbo mods are, initially I set the time to something really late to test for a few hours, it was working fine nice and bright. So I set it back to a different time. Members who logged in later didnt have a full moon night. I tried setting it back to 2am earlier today and saw the same thing.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it just wish dayz.st had fucking ftp access!

It could be the date. Problem with full moon is finding one that moon rise and set Match the time. Other wise the moon will set early and it will be dark.

Try this date and see if it improves.

Code:
_date = [2012,12,28,(_result select 1) select 3, (_result select 1) select 4]; " \n

Also, when you say it is dark, can you see clouds since your overcast is 0?

Nope no clouds or fog or rain so I know the weather changes are in effect, going to try that date now though thanks for the help

Tried 2012,12,28 in both date values, set time to 3 am to test, it was pitch black and I couldn't see a moon :(

Anyway for you to try the vanilla mission that was posted and see if one of your other mods is affecting it? That is the only thing I can think of. I know with the 12-28-2012 date, the moon is very bright and very high in the sky.

Anyway for you to try the vanilla mission that was posted and see if one of your other mods is affecting it? That is the only thing I can think of. I know with the 12-28-2012 date, the moon is very bright and very high in the sky.

Yeah I'm gonna give that a go later, it could possibly be the loot substitution or another mod thanks for the help hopefully I can sort it soon :D

I selected June 2012 due to the longer daytime light and shorter night.

I referenced http://filesmelt.com/dl/calendar_you.png since it explains a lot.

Thanks yeah I was looking for a shot night anyway.

I got it all working with my other mods in the end last nght :D I did a diff when I was done to see what the difference was to my previous attempt. Couldn't see one other than that I was using the other date posted earlier in the thread.

Either way I'm just happy to see it working thanks for your help dudes. Now all I have to do is find a way to get gcam into my server mission file :D

One of the things i notice with the full moon setting is that different clients have different moon positions.

My moon position is in the SE and my clients moon position is in the SW. Then I log out and back in and my moon position is in the SW and theirs is in the SE.

Is there anyway to make the moon high in the sky say almost overhead and the same for all clients?

Back