Lower Spawn Amount?

pegruder

Is there a way to lower the spawn amount with DZAI? I disabled static AI (it was too chaotic for NWAF) and still had 2 groups spawn on me inside of 5 minutes. Here are my settings:

* Dynamic AI Spawning Settings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

//Enable or disable dynamic AI spawns. If enabled, AI spawn locations will be generated for randomly selected players at randomized intervals (Default: true)
DZAI_dynAISpawns = true;

//Time (seconds) required to reach maximum spawn probability per player, after which the probability is reset to 0%. Lower number = More frequent spawns, Higher Number = Less frequent. (Recommended range: 1200-2700, Default: 1800)
DZAI_maxSpawnTime = 2300;

//Time (seconds) to allow each player to retain maximum spawn probability. (Default: 1800).
DZAI_keepMaxSpawnTime = 30;

//Probability for dynamic AI to actively hunt a targeted player. If probability check fails, dynamic AI will patrol the area instead of hunting (Default: 0.50)
DZAI_huntingChance = 0.20;

//Probability to send first available AI helicopter to reinforce dynamic AI group. No effect if DZAI_maxHeliPatrols is set to zero. (Default: 0.50)
DZAI_heliReinforceChance = 0.30;

//Array of area blacklist markers. Players within marker areas will not be targeted for dynamic AI spawns (Example: ["BlacklistArea1","BlacklistArea2","BlacklistArea3"])
//Epoch: DZAI will automatically set up 200m-radius blacklist areas around each trader area.
DZAI_dynAreaBlacklist = [];

//Time to wait before despawning all AI units in dynamic trigger area when no players are present. (Default: 120)
DZAI_dynDespawnWait = 120;

//Enable or disable dynamic spawn-free zones of 600m radius around player spawn areas. (Default: false)
DZAI_freshSpawnSafeArea = false;

Make this
Code:
DZAI_dynAISpawns = true;
This
Code:
DZAI_dynAISpawns = false;

This stops them spawning on you all the time.

You can further increase DZAI_maxSpawnTime to increase the length of time over which the % spawn probability increases for each player. So basically you will accumulate spawn probability slower and see an overall decrease in spawns over time.

You can further increase DZAI_maxSpawnTime to increase the length of time over which the % spawn probability increases for each player. So basically you will accumulate spawn probability slower and see an overall decrease in spawns over time.
Ill try that. What does [DZAI_keepMaxSpawnTime = 30;] do? I'm assuming this is self explanatory. This to me sounds like thats how long you remain at the max spawn chance, before it resets to (0?) and starts over.

That is exactly what it does. However in your case it would actually do nothing because each spawn cycle check every 5-6 minutes, so having anything less than that is the same as setting it to zero.

So I'm assuming as long as I throw the max spawn time to something around 45 minutes that should be a good average I think. I want the AI, just want them to pop in when you least expect it.

Im liking DZAI for everything except one thing. The SargeAI seemed to just patrol an area. So youd kinda stumble across them. The DZAI seem to just come right at you. Not sure if this is because maybe they spawn too close on the dynamic side? All in all its an enjoyable experience except when 4 or 5 waves come down on you at once lol.

The DZAI_huntingChance setting is what controls how often dynamic AI come looking for your directly, if you don't want that behavior then you can set it to 0 to disable it.

The DZAI_huntingChance setting is what controls how often dynamic AI come looking for your directly, if you don't want that behavior then you can set it to 0 to disable it.
I dont mind the hunting chance. I loweered that quite a bit. Not sure if I've just been unlucky or if they spawn too close.

I've noticed they dont seem to shoot at zombies. Is this a setting I missed? I could swear the last time I set this up they would attack them.

Dynamic AI should and do shoot zombies. Keep in mind the zed detect distance is 150 meters by default, which is great for town areas but not so much for open fields. You can try bumping up the detect distance but be careful since that would affect performance.

Back