Morox AI - Sycosis Simple AI mod

I just installed this on 1.7.7, seems to work fine.

It's working, but not all parts. Everytime I join the server now (as of 1.7.7) i get an error pertaining to the wildspawn zombie thing, and ai are no longer being attacked by zombies. I didn't edit anything, so idk

It's working, but not all parts. Everytime I join the server now (as of 1.7.7) i get an error pertaining to the wildspawn zombie thing, and ai are no longer being attacked by zombies. I didn't edit anything, so idk

is it an error saying it doesnt exist? i didn't get such an error. maybe you forgot to add it.

I just noticed they werent attacking the zombies either.

is it an error saying it doesnt exist? i didn't get such an error. maybe you forgot to add it.

I just noticed they werent attacking the zombies either.

Yeah it's saying it cannot be found, it's in there. I've had this set up for quite awhile w/ no issues.

Alright, i've started to get that error too, even after removing the link to wild zombies.
In the latest dayz_code, that file doesnt even exist, which is probably why

Yeah, looking through the new code there is a number of changes in main files I use, I have 80% of the files updated, trying to deal with some of the new tweaks that they added, like player fov handling for zed spawns, breaks the AI spawning zeds, I should have the fix out some time tomorrow.

When I downloaded it, there was a weird file in there and it came up as a virus.. are those attached .sqf files up to date?

ok im not getting any battleye kicks or anything so thats good. Also tried this with sarges ai script without adding any spawn points yet to see if the zeds would attack his AI. needless to say sarges ai script will not spawn AI with this script, so i could not see if zeds were able to attack. although the heli's from his script did spawn and do what they were supposed to do

Andrew, which file from which zip?

On the wild_spawnzombie side, the file is referenced in the original modified init.sqf and it is also called by player_spawncheck.sqf in the 1.7.6 version, you should pull the first from your init the second is removed in the new files for 1.7.7, it is also present in the 1.7.6 compiles.sqf but removed in the the 1.7.7 one - my setup does not use a a modified compiles.sqf but I know many other mods do make sure you are using the new 1.7.7 without this line. This is my new init.sqf section

Code:
zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zombie_generate.sqf";
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
bulding_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
AI_zombieCheck =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\AI_zombieCheck.sqf";
AI_zombieAttack =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\AI_zombieAttack.sqf";
zombie_findTargetAgent =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
getways_ai =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\getways_ai.sqf";

I have never tried to use Sarge's script mixed with mine either in 1.7.6 or 1.7.7 - I don't see exactly how this would work, the zombie attack stuff is sort of dependent on my aispawn script, I could probably mod it to work with his AI as far as them generating thier own zeds, the easiest way would be to simply add a fired event handler using the npc_Alertzombies file - once the AI is a target of zeds the attack should work.

When i was playing around with your older script version i was able to get the zeds cooperating with sarges-ai only by using zombiegenerate.sqf and wildzombies.sqf. the would run up to the ai but would not attack, it was also pretty cool that if you throw smoke they run over to that to wich makes a pretty cool distraction for evasion. the zeds gave a sense of attacking if you see it as the ai shooting to close to their fellow teamates and shooting them dead wich made an appearance the zeds were attacking, when in all actuality it was just there buddy shooting them dead lol. o yes, im working on spawn points tonight because i will be switching over to your script, if you could get the attacking ai to work with sarges ai framework, that would be epic.

Andrew, which file from which zip?

On the wild_spawnzombie side, the file is referenced in the original modified init.sqf and it is also called by player_spawncheck.sqf in the 1.7.6 version, you should pull the first from your init the second is removed in the new files for 1.7.7, it is also present in the 1.7.6 compiles.sqf but removed in the the 1.7.7 one - my setup does not use a a modified compiles.sqf but I know many other mods do make sure you are using the new 1.7.7 without this line. This is my new init.sqf section

k it was another script that was calling for that file for some weird reason.

Im haivng an issue, after making the changes in the compiles file to point to yours, my game seems to randomly close while in the game. :( so i removed it for now

Mugger,

If you try it by using just the init.sqf instead of the modding the compiles does it work?

Morox, I downloaded your new zip, but I think there's a file missing.

Here's my Init..

Code:
// AI Settings!
zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zombie_generate.sqf";
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
bulding_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
AI_zombieCheck =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\AI_zombieCheck.sqf";
AI_zombieAttack =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\AI_zombieAttack.sqf";
zombie_findTargetAgent =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
getways_ai =compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\getways_ai.sqf";
if (isServer) then {
// For settings involving the factions, go to scripts\add_unit_server.sqf and adjust the settings at the top of the file
_factions = [] execVM "scripts\set_unit_faction.sqf";
// WORLD CORDS - _aispawnpos - Worldspace location
// DIS - _wpradius - Distance you want units to be able to travel
// WAY - _wpnum - Number of waypoints to place withing that distance. The higher the number, the more extensively the units will travel
// # OF UNITS - _numunits - Number of units to place. Keep in mind that squads will be placed in multiples of this number
// T (TYPE) - _unitType - Type of unit to place. 0: Random, 1: Sniper, 2: Gunner, 3: Militia, 4: Squad of the previous 3 types
// F (FACTION) - _faction - The type of faction you want this unit to adhere to. 0: RESISTANCE, 1: EAST, 2: WEST. Factions loyalties are set in scripts\set_unit_faction.sqf
// S (BASESKILL) - _baseSkill - Lowest possible skill that the units can posess from 1 to 10
// MS (MAXSKILL) - _potentialSkill - Highes possible skill that the units can posess from 1 to 10
// G (GEARSET) _gearset - Which set of gear your units will use. To set the types of gear, edit the variables at the top of scripts\add_units_server.sqf
// SPAWN - _respawnTime - How long to wait until NPCs respawn (in seconds)
spawncnt= 0;
//WORLD CORDS  DIS WAY # T F S MS G SPAWN
_aispawn = [[6876.0,11165.0,0],300,300,1,4,1,3,10,1,1800] execVM "scripts\add_unit_server.sqf"; // Devils Castle
};
// END AI Settings!

I don't have these files..

scripts\getways_ai.sqf
scripts\add_unit_server.sqf

Is everything else correct?

you need to download both the old and the new, then overwrite the old files with the new 1.7.7 ones

well that was fun. Dayz.st servers were ddos'd server was down for at least a week. well gotta re-do everything again ughhhh. any info on getting this to work alongside with sarges ai script?

why would you ? If you need the AI to attract Zeds and zeds to damage AI functionality, use this one, if not, use Sarge AI?

Sarge

I tend to agree with Sarge, however I don't mind trying to incorporate his AI into an attract and attack Zed use case, I know in the past he has said this is not something he has in his roadmap, my code is a mish-mash of Sycosis's and some hacks I threw together, it is in no way as clean or optimized as Sarge's so it would be his call if he want's to add this functionality, if you wanted to use both anyway, the only thing I would need to know from Sarge is if he has a "Master Array" of all the AI groups/units spawned - if so I could easily add his AI to the scripts.

Hi Morox,

i would prefer not to mix my framework with any other AI solution. I do control every single step(nearly) that the AI do, and given the complexity AND the tons of support questions i already have, mixing these 2 would even make it worse.

What i can check is a configurable option to allow AI to aggro zeds - although i am still no big fan of it, i really don't see the use.

Thx for understanding,

Sarge

Back