Need help with death messages

paying $10 to get this working on official hive, we have been slammed with hackers and this seems to be the only way to find out who is hacking since BE and gotcha arent doing shit.

hey did u get this to work I think some code is missing I cant get this to work here is my pbo if any1 wants to take a look at it and see what we are doing wrong

Attachments

• server.pbo
    75 KB · Views: 1
really appreciate it thanks

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    70.4 KB · Views: 4
  • dayz_15246.Chernarus.pbo
    67.2 KB · Views: 5
I haven't had the chance to work on it yet. Can you upload your DEFAULT server and mission pbos and I will take a look at it after work.

thats currently whats running on my server, but sure heres the server backup, and my mission backup may still have the debug running on it.

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    67.6 KB · Views: 7
    40.1 KB · Views: 5
thats currently whats running on my server, but sure heres the server backup, and my mission backup may still have the debug running on it.

Try these and let me know if the kill messages work properly.

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    70.5 KB · Views: 56
    40.2 KB · Views: 39
I grabbed your server.pbo to make it work on mine. It works just fine. The only issue i have now is that it doesn't spawn in the extra buildings i have added in. I've compared the server.pbo you uploaded with kill messages working with a fresh one from dayz.st and a lot has changed. Not sure why is so different. The server_monitor.sqf has less code than the one from dayz.st. Can you help me out with it? i'll attach my files. My mission.pbo has //enableRadio false; already added into.

Attachments

• dayz_server (4).pbo
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
So I followed the wiki instructions, including the bit about how to customize it so it doesn't say who killed who. That part works fine except for when the message pops up in the global chat, it pops up as the killer saying it. Does anyone know a way to get around this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

So I followed the wiki instructions, including the bit about how to customize it so it doesn't say who killed who. That part works fine except for when the message pops up in the global chat, it pops up as the killer saying it. Does anyone know a way to get around this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I would also be interested in having this myself.

I've tried to get death messages to work correctly. But the player who killed someone ends up showing the information.

so I guess it works, but I tried to make it so you DONT know who the killer is, what should I modify?

Attachments

• server v7.pbo
    124.2 KB · Views: 4
In playerdied.sqf there is a line that is like

Nil nil Rspawn[_killer, _message]

Change _killer to _victim

Sorry on phone can't be more descriptive

Back