New Guns Thread

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
First up is an M4 Carbine with dual mags fastened together and a flashlight tied to the Barrel.

It will be one of two top tier weapons, and very rare.

Z3QCTaB.png

Flashlight activated:

7Z30dgG.png

dkoWACn.png

Then we have a standard M16 also with flashlight

f8zWIBt.png

The flashlight and fastening is thanks to icewindo and the texture is by yours truly. Very rare

Next up is Stev0s WIP a AK-74U - third in rarity:

52cTnEa.png

CxeWKBx.png

One other key points with the guns. We want to make it so you will need find parts such as a replacement trigger assembly to make the gun operational, however this is yet to go through proof of concept.

All of these will be spawning within the north of the map to encourage migrations which is currently missing in the current build.

Next up is the mosin nagent.

Also the armoured tractors are coming on nice and will be showcased soon.

Holy Crapola......this post just made my day:DThat pic of the AK74u spawn with one ammo mag scares me.:eek:Maybe make NWAF with military ammo spawns at rare rates.

Also there was a fix for the horrid flashlight behavior when indoors.Its a concept video and so no mod ever came out but you guys are very capable of this as its

Really loving the look of the new weapons - particularly liking the "tape on a flashlight" addition, just the kind of thing you would likely see from people who had survived 5 years of zombie terror.

As for the plan to make the weapons "some assembly required" - that is fantastic. It would mean players can't just get lucky and find a sweet gun - you need to loot, beg, borrow or steal the parts to fix it up - and until then you are carrying 10 slots worth of useless metal.

Keep up the great work guys, I can't wait to test it all out.

When you say very rare, what thats? 1/1000 chance? 1/1000000 chance? and it will be military loot only right?
Looks cool, but could have the potential to break DayZ 2017 if they are spawning to much tbh.
Winchester and dobbel barrel is already spawning to much, doesnt take more then 30-40 mins to find one, so be carefull :)

Perhaps force the ammo to spawn with the weapon, making it even harder to find it. Would also render most of the weaps useless, if someone else steals the 1 mag for it, so it might end up not having a huge impact and at the same time give the "migration" feel 2017 is missing.
It would also give you the feel of "time passing" when you find a moderate amount of guns, but no ammo, as 90% of it must have been used by now tbh.
Just make sure they are extremely fricking rare :)

Great job shin! Love the way the guns look and I hope they are super rare:D My only fear is that this will start the NWAF/Stary Military camping back up:/ Hopefully that doesn't happen. Keep up the great work!

I've seen people with M14 AIMs and M4s on Shin's server already, but who knows, they could have been hacked in.
There was a ridiculous amount of cheaters last night, so I went back to my 2017 server.

When you say very rare, what thats? 1/1000 chance? 1/1000000 chance? and it will be military loot only right?
Looks cool, but could have the potential to break DayZ 2017 if they are spawning to much tbh.
Winchester and dobbel barrel is already spawning to much, doesnt take more then 30-40 mins to find one, so be carefull :)

Perhaps force the ammo to spawn with the weapon, making it even harder to find it. Would also render most of the weaps useless, if someone else steals the 1 mag for it, so it might end up not having a huge impact and at the same time give the "migration" feel 2017 is missing.
It would also give you the feel of "time passing" when you find a moderate amount of guns, but no ammo, as 90% of it must have been used by now tbh.
Just make sure they are extremely fricking rare :)

I expect the whole loot balance to be better in the next release. I now have someone one the team that is really focusing on the task and collecting lots of data. In the presvious releases it was me, which did not work well as I did not give it the full time it needs as I would end up firefighting various bugs that were being found.

I know he wants to really focus on getting the balance right now and will likely ask some of you guys for feedback and testing.

is there any chance that the damage tables can be buffed up a bit , i think a lot of weapons do too little damage , like ak's take 5-6 shots and with ammo being so rare for it it may just become a pointless item and the mosin nagant will become better than it for more common ammo, and weapons like the makarov in real life dont take 2 clips too kill someone and this has kinda made pistols pointless for me as a hatchet will do the job far better.

Hey Shinkicker!

What happens to the stuff we have already? does it change over, get deleted or what?

I have a bunch of tents full of gear being a farmer and I would actually like to cut down on the ability to do that (although I will not stop until the game makes me)

I Have (50 except where stated):
2 Meat tents (100), Water, Morphine, Bandage, Blood bag (35), Heat pack, Painkiller (19) All gear (10+), Chem light Blue (only like blue), flares, Hobo Backpacks (13), All Ammo (50+), All Weapons (10), Wheels (8), other car stuff a little (don't have a car soo)

That is about 1.5 weeks of semi-casual farming.

Possible fixes: I would like to see the cans and other trash disappear from the game. I know when the farming is kicking in when they show up. Once a spawn point is active it stay active and will re-spawn each time you remove trash. I think that should have to be reset each time. Also I think that the junk should never show, to discourage players. Not being sure if anything will ever show they move on. I think meat should have a degrading effect disappearing or turning into tainted meat (same like human or zombie) lasting a month at maximum. I think the animal spawn rate is fine but if possible there should be a reset after a kill or a hard curve toward rabbit so that if you want more meat you will have to use ammo to get it.

I think tents should be as rare or more so then antibiotics but bags should count as tents but if possible degrade after a long time to discourage super hoarding. I think there should be a randoms chance for items that degrade to degrade while left in tents or bags unattended, one week maybe?

Keep the weapons really rare, if they want it make them work for it! If not a farmer like me will have lots no matter what. After three weeks on my old server I had more Bizons then I could use (10+) and Fals were junked, and AS50s given to buddies. NVGs though I only had three of so make the weapons a 3rd less likely to spawn than NVGs and you got something.

Thanks,
Keep it up!

I also agree about lowering all damage except head shots (powder would not be at 100% anyway) I think longer fights are better and will lend a rougher feel to the game. Dying is final but if you get away you will talk about that for a long time. Also it will make people consider their options. Should I spend my ammo to stay in this fight now that my first ambush went astray? Should I switch to the axe and try to charge this guy? It will lead to a lot better battles and survivor experiences. Basically give rifles the range but pistol damage or less.

Baggins,lowering rifles down to pistol damage is crazy?I say go the opposite way towards more realism and make pistols have closer to rifle damage.Maybe even spawn a bit more pistol ammo compared to rifle to force longer fights.

Pistols suffer from horrendous accuracy but in real life they will down you in a few hits.This is how they should be simulated IMO.The way it is now it takes 14 hits from a Makarov to down you which is ridiculous.One thing that I dislike about games is that weapons do not feel as deadly as they really are.I think weapons should feel deadly like in Red Orchestra as it adds more tension to encounters by forcing you to duck for cover.

I watch videos of Dayz and people sidestrafe,pop off a shot,side strafe,pop off a shot,side strafe etc etc until someone drops.People then call COD players kids and stuff like that while say Dayz is about realism.LOL its the same stuff and it shouldn't be.Dayz,has the movement speed upped a bit and that is one thing that causes this COD type gunfights.The other is low damage weapons and finally the mouse speed lowering effect that A2 has which has it harder to track a target accurately.Faster side movement,less accurate mouse control and low damage weapons does not spell realism.Ducking for cover is realism.;)

I would say
2 hits(6000damage) for an Enfield
3hits(4000-damage) for a Winnie,M4A1,M16,Ak74u
4 hits(3000damage)for revolver
5 hits(2400damage)for Makarov.

6k enfield damage seems better than the instagib 11.5k or so it is now.
if you get hit you're pretty much going to die unless you have a friend who killed the one who shot you and insta-bandages you. Even then you're passed out, in pain, and have maybe 200 blood.

Maybe like 8k though, so it does the same damage as most 7.62's in DayZ.
Then move the Winchester up to 5k, still 3 shots, but better if someone else has shot him previously.
Revolver 3.5k
Makarov 2.8k
Same reasons as the rifles.

I just feel it's better that way, after playing/testing APB:R for so long, you get used to the guns that can 95% you in 4 shots, and have to hit you again to finish you off.
Adds to it by encouraging team play as opposed to solo play.

Misaka,taken from http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Weapons the blood count of a human is 12000.Right now in Dayz Enfield does 6722 so 2 hits already and Winchester in Dayz does 4500 so 3 hits already.But definitely the pistols need to be upped a good amount.The saddest experience in Dayz for me yet was when I found a Bison on a heli crash and couldn't kill an infected with it.Dropped the higher grade military weapon,no threw the weapon away and went back to the awesome Enfield.

Wolfstrike
Maybe I can see you point but I think nothing should kill you with less than three shots. As for realism, leave a gun in the open for five years and see what you get.

Basically I would like to see people have to think before firing.
Can I kill him before he locates and engages me?
Is his gear worth my precious bullets?
Is my position good enough to take him down before he can get to cover and run off or return fire?

If two people see each other I would like there to be a stand off while circling each other at a distance until they can each go their own way again, each knowing the other is dangerous. Each not wanting to waste ammo if they do not have to.

In a case where an Axe guy meets a Enfield guy at a distance he should have to think. Should I engage? What if he goes all "Ninja rabbit" on me dodging and weaving up to axe range? Will my my rusty POS take him down in time? Is the bullet expenditure worth it?

In that scenario I would like the Enfield guy to have the advantage but not the clear winner cow vs Enfield guy advantage they have now.

Side note, Zombies; I think there should be more (double per spawn point) of them but with less damage, hit points, and way less movement rate. I like the horde feel. I like the feel that at a distance there is not much issue but in the middle of them you will get swarmed and taken down after a lot of hits. This gives you the option of running through them but holes will close up fast once you are spotted and you will have to fight your way out. Right now you are good to go until you are cornered then it goes from no danger to very serious danger. I am looking for more of a constant danger but if hidden in a building you are okay feel.

Also would like to see a distraction device with either a timer or a remote that can be recovered. Egg timer or wind up alarm clock maybe, (lights and sound?)? Could be really good in a lot of situations.

I don't think two shots is bad though as its worlds better than getting shot from 8OOm with a one shot/one kill weapon that this mod removed.And besides,bandits will shoot you without thinking of anything.They wanna take you down for no reason than to kill you for fun.I could see if 2017 became super harsh with ammo super rare and a prize if you survive 5 days of $1000 thousand dollars as the only way to get that scenario.:D

Back