New Guns Thread

If it is two shots then I think the reload time should be slow to give a chance of a reaction to the other player, also the range should be cut down then. If possible the bullet drop could be toyed with so that if you want distance you have to Kentucky windage it, think lonesome dove.

Oooh!

Actually I think it should be taken out of the game and the lonesome dove gun added.
If you put a iron site lonesome dove "Henry 1860" in the game at super rare spawn chance and ammo chance I think you could have the gun that most people would be comfortable with as a sniper weapon. You can get the two shot kills(one shot chest or head), you can even pull off a long distance shot if you can iron site it and hit something that you are aiming two body lengths above the target, if you have the skill. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Lonesome_Dove

Even if you stick with current rifles please just consider doing a bullet drop off due to weapon condition. They can get their two shot kills at distance but they will have to aim it above the target and Kentucky windage it to do so. If they want to pull off an accurate shot at much more than 100m. They payoff would be noise reduction.

Also has anyone been working on silenced weapons? Rare spawn with super high maintenance rate. The gun itself could need a lot of repairing or the “silencer” could.

Last I saw DayZ Enfield was 11,5xx something, and it seems to work that way. If you get a center of mass hit on someone they usually go to flashing blood, bleed, and knockout. Dying about 10 second later if you don't finish them off. Flashing blood is <2k, so...

Reload time is way slow compared to the real Enfield.And the Henry 1860 is too much like Winchester and is even same manufacturer I believe.I do believe you are right in suggesting that the Enfield gets a bit more bullet drop.

Misak,it says was 12.5K before the nerf.So yeah one shot/one kill but the blood was always 12000.Maybe a mistake on the damage amount.

I don't want to get lost in the stats and numbers here and waste time. Lets keep to the general goal and idea we are trying to accomplish (same or different).

Well maybe I don’t mean the gun itself (I got a little lonesome dove happy) but any “Ladder site” which are made for firing past the effective firing range of a weapon. These could be rigged by the survivors for any gun and constitute the closest thing you will get to a scope. They would have developed these naturally when bullet drop began to be a problem due to deterioration of ammo and guns. I would love to have one on a cross bow as well (with a quiver pretty please). I think the cross bow is a good example of the effect I am looking for, I stood on a roof and shot zombies at 135m which is past the normal range of the weapon(i think?). I basically had to aim a foot below their feet to hit them in the chest (no idea why) but there seems to be a damage drop off. I did not always kill the zombie. Add a ladder site to your long distance guns and make people work for their kills and use skill to kill instead of a scope which is too easy. It would make the first shot a skill shot instead of a free shot and since it should take two or three to kill then the next two shots would either be even harder due to movement or waiting to see where the victim stops if still undetected and trying to get another easy shot off. If not it would then be a closer fight or a run down. I think fights that change throughout are what we are missing instead of pre-drawn conclusions fights.

If there are going to be scopes (which I don't think there should) how about a broken pair of binos that are taped onto the barrel and don't have a crosshair and are a little foggy like the current ones.

The Enfield needs skill to shoot as it does exhibit bullet arc.I think its fine as a two shot kill sniper in the game and if the person that gets shot by it doesn't drop then its their fault that they get killed.As for scopes,the M4A1 CCO is my fave weapon and sad to see its the iron sight version which is my least favorite.Would love to see that have the CCO sight and with cracked glass and all.If you think about it the weapon seems standard with the dot sights nowadays.But most likely I will stick with trusty Enfield.

EDIT>>>Forgot to add.....Arma2 has designed the weapon sway to mimic trained soldiers.Maybe a touch more sway to the mix can make shooting just a touch harder?

You should add in gun attachments that spawn in military spawns. Different sights, supressors, stuff like that.

So, the Lee Enfield will be replaced by the Mosin Nagant. Will it share pretty much the same specs? The nice thing about the Enfield was that, it's power came with a price... it wasn't called the dinner bell for nothing. I really dig the flashlights on the weapons.

In terms of damage, I agree with upping the damage for the pistols at range... I'd say the .45 should be upped to 3000 at range, the PM ammo should be upped to 2000 at range. Assault rifles, I'd keep as is.

I agree. And, I also really hope that all the rifles and shotguns are very rare. Pistols and the crossbow should be common, but it should be harder to find a weapon that can kill at a distance. And, I don't think silenced weapons should be added. I love that the crossbow is the only silenced gun - it's the M9 SD of 2017. I use it a lot and am getting pretty good with it getting headshots on zombies - and I tend to get more bolts back than I lose. I haven't had to shoot a player with it, yet. You know, I actually kill more zombies in 2017 then I ever did in vanilla DayZ. Because resources are limited and I spend more time in an area than I do in vanilla DayZ - which gets tense after a while, I find myself having to decide to kill a zombie rather than wait for it to pass or find another way around.

On a related note, I was thinking of dabbling into some weapons modeling by adding a pin sight to the crossbow. Who would I talk to about getting permission to modify that model... or would I have to make a new crossbow from scratch? The former would be easier, obviously. Actually, it looks like the guns and vehicles remodeled in 2017 were in the free arma sample files. It looks like modeling the whole thing may be the easiest way to go about it. Have at thee, Blender!

Can the crossbow be made to go into pistol slot?There is no model of pistol stored in side holster and just disappears so I can see the crossbow becoming the silent weapon.With that said I feel that pistols should not be so silent.The game gets intense when your aggro a horde and making pistols higher volume can add to the mayhem.

And sound can use an easy tweak of just putting all the sounds down to 1/3.If you put slider at 1/3 ambient sounds seem much more realistic and your not stomping your feet everywhere.But then the weapons do not have the volume they need to give their impact.

I actually just found an old article on how to make a crossbow pistol with some blueprints and everything. Since it's handmade and, actually more powerful than the crossbow in game (the article says it's dead accurate up to 45m and you need a special tool to cock it back), it should be extremely rare. I'll look more into what needs to be done to model it and if it looks like something I can do, I'll create a post on the github.

I think zombies around you start turning toward you if they're within hearing distance, but don't necessarily aggro... I could be wrong about that. I don't think every weapon should be like the Enfield, but... perhaps, they could use a little boost.

Back