Origins Server?

I gave up. Every combination I tried still spams the console, or fails to start because of errors.
Yeah, this pack doesn't quite work. I was able to merge this with some of my fixes and have so far gotten to a point where I can log in. I no longer fall to my death, but I am still spawning in the debug area.

I followed the heck out of this thread and have not quite pieced it together.

1. What is the work around for the DayzOrigins Security features? Perhaps this is why my server is not running.

2. I have downloaded the unofficial server file pack
2.a) placed dayz_1.tavi.pho in .\MPMissions\
2.b) placed dayz_server.pbo in .\@BlissOrigins\addons\

3. Signing... being a BI Arma2 signing noob, I erred to the side of over-signing and signed:
- .\@BlissOrigins\addons\dayz_server.pbo
- .\@DayzOrigins\addons\*.pbo
- signing appears to have worked and generated *.bisign files for all *.pbo files

4. Modified config*.cfg to:
-verifySignatures=1;
-also tried: verifySignatures=0;
- the last one at least did not throw the 'your files are not signed' message...
- template="dayz_1.tavi";

5. Starting the server... I have tried _MANY_ different methods to start this puppy up, but the current attempts I tried is:

1. start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2312 -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@BlissOrigins;@DayzOrigins;@reality_3.tavi -config=dayz_3.tavi\config_3a8cd0aa.cfg -cfg=dayz_3.tavi\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_3.tavi -name=Server
RESULT 1.a: this plus verifySignatures=1; ---> CLIENT: kicked from the game
RESULT 1.b: this plus verifySignatures=0; ---> SERVER: "[timestamp] Mission DayZ Origins read from bank." message over and over and over until client disconnects, CLIENT: DayZ Origins splash screen --> "Wait for host" message

2. start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2312 -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@BlissOrigins;@DayzOrigins; -config=dayz_3.tavi\config_3a8cd0aa.cfg -cfg=dayz_3.tavi\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_3.tavi -name=Server
- Result 2: same Result 1.b ---> SERVER: "[timestamp] Mission DayZ Origins read from bank." message over and over and over until client disconnects, CLIENT: DayZ Origins splash screen --> "Wait for host" message

3. start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2312 -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@BlissOrigins; -config=dayz_3.tavi\config_3a8cd0aa.cfg -cfg=dayz_3.tavi\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_3.tavi -name=Server
- Result 3: Similar to Result 1.b and Result 2, BUT splash screen is plain old DayZ and not the DayzOrigins splash screen ---> SERVER: "[timestamp] Mission DayZ Origins read from bank." message over and over and over until client disconnects, CLIENT: NON-DayZ Origins splash screen --> "Wait for host" message

Any light on this would be greatly appreciated. If I had to wager a guess, my lack of attempt to deal with the DayzOrigins security problem is part of the problem... I wonder if there is something that needs to go into the Hosts file to redirect a check to an external server might do the trick... hehe. *shrugs*

Thank you,
Aaron

FYI, this supposed server package does not work. I tried it with every version from 1.0 - 1.61, there are bugs in it which prevent the client from connecting to the server. My fixes allow you to get further into the game then this pack.

The security is simply to bypass actually, its just looking for a global variable or two to be set. Without those it simply errors out.

Copy. Thanks for the reply. It's a shame, as this would be fun to run a private server with Dayz Origins... In one hand, I've read the community not favoring the creator(s), and on the other hand, this mod is fun to play. My personal reaction: Damn them for not releasing the full server files! Who the *blankity-blank* do they think they are! ;-)

Take care,
Aaron

They were supposed to release them, and when the community complained, they pushed it back to the release of version 2.0. They wanted to screw everyone and make them pay for renting servers. Love how they use the base files that were FREE, add in mods that were FREE and charge people for it.

As much as I enjoy playing the origins mod, I think it's awful how they have held everyone to ransom, forcing people to rent servers rather having access to the server files

with the release of the origins server files, are there any plans to make it compatible with the bliss database format?

They haven't released them, but they are available... My server is currently running Origins 1.7.1. just look at d-commander and you will see there are a bunch of server now showing with the private hive symbol.

Reactions: Jai
any news on the WARNING THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL SERVER thing?

Code:
if(!isnil("dayzLogin")) exitWith {
    0 cutText ["", "BLACK",10];
    diag_log "DEBUG: pirated server";
    disableUserInput false;
    1 cutText ["WARNING !!! This is un-official server of Origins Mod and does not represent the mod concepts or gameplay experience intended by the developers.", "PLAIN",15];
    player enableSimulation false;
};

if(!isnil("dayzLogin2")) exitWith {
    disableUserInput false;
    1 cutText ["WARNING !!! This is un-official server of Origins Mod and does not represent the mod concepts or gameplay experience intended by the developers.", "PLAIN",15];
};
i found it in these files...
dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf
dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf
dayz_code\actions\object_pickup.sqf
dayz_code\actions\player_drink.sqf
dayz_code\actions\player_useMeds.sqf
dayz_code\actions\repair.sqf
dayz_code\actions\retake.sqf

i could manually override all the calls of these files with copying these files to my missionfile removing the listed string and changing some paths etc
but there are 2 files i cant change this way...
they are
dayz_equip\config.cpp
dayz_weapons\config.cpp

so i guess there is no quick and easy way to do this without having your players change some of their files too...

let me know if im wrong ^^

any news on the WARNING THIS IS AN UNOFFICIAL SERVER thing?

Code:
if(!isnil("dayzLogin")) exitWith {
    0 cutText ["", "BLACK",10];
    disableUserInput false;
};

if(!isnil("dayzLogin2")) exitWith {
    disableUserInput false;
};
i found it in these files...
dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf
dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf
dayz_code\actions\object_pickup.sqf
dayz_code\actions\player_drink.sqf
dayz_code\actions\player_useMeds.sqf
dayz_code\actions\repair.sqf
dayz_code\actions\retake.sqf

i could manually override all the calls of these files with copying these files to my missionfile removing the listed string and changing some paths etc
but there are 2 files i cant change this way...
they are
dayz_equip\config.cpp
dayz_weapons\config.cpp

so i guess there is no quick and easy way to do this without having your players change some of their files too...

let me know if im wrong ^^

I am not getting this error and as far as I know, none of my players are.

when does this error show up for you?

i didnt get it the first time... when my server was running about 22 hours...

but then it occurs from time to time...
and when you check the listed files... it is clear WHEN this should happen...
repairing... healing... pickup objects etc...

when it happens you can not move around... you see your character ingame... and this message appears...
only if you are in a vehicle at this time you can drive/fly around until you get out.. then you get stuck too

and as you can see they have implemented it so many times... just do make sure it works ^^

Still working on getting antihax going. So far I got it mostly working but can't stop it from closing the spawn select screen so everyone ends up in kameni

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jai
me and my guys were running in another problem now...
we build 2 hero lvl 1 houses...
we put stuff in it... closed and locked the door, unlocked it again... the stuff has gone...

i found in my logfile that its using database tables LOWERCASE this time... so it cant find the data in this table...
where i had to use case sensitivity with uppercase before to get this damned server working i have to use lowercase now!!?

where it was Object_DATA its object_data now...
i wonder if someone else had this problem with the casesensitivity to get the server running too or if im the only one...?

Still working on getting antihax going. So far I got it mostly working but can't stop it from closing the spawn select screen so everyone ends up in kameni

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Am i better off not using it for now?
Thanks for the reply!

Back