Origins Server?

me and my guys were running in another problem now...
we build 2 hero lvl 1 houses...
we put stuff in it... closed and locked the door, unlocked it again... the stuff has gone...

i found in my logfile that its using database tables LOWERCASE this time... so it cant find the data in this table...
where i had to use case sensitivity with uppercase before to get this damned server working i have to use lowercase now!!?

where it was Object_DATA its object_data now...
i wonder if someone else had this problem with the casesensitivity to get the server running too or if im the only one...?

OK, here is how it works:

You can only access the inventory when the house is UNLOCKED. If you use the inventory when the house is locked, you will not access the actual inventory of the house stored in the DB, if you put stuff in the inventory when it is locked, you risk losing your gear! You've been warned.

Here's how I do it.

1. unlock house
2. go inside, close door (don't lock). Nobody can open from outside so you're safe
3. access gear, put stuff in
4. lock house (this saves to the DB)

you misunderstood...
its saved to the db... but cant be read out again...
because of this shit of casesensitivity... i dont know it this happens only on my server...

character_data
deployable
object_classes
object_data
object_spawns
player_data
player_login

had to be changed to

Character_DATA
Deployable
Object_CLASSES
Object_DATA
Object_SPAWNS
Player_DATA
Player_LOGIN

otherwise my server would start but had no access to the db...
so the gear data was saved into Object_DATA
and now (if the logfile is correct) its getting read out of object_data (which is not present likewise...)

any suggestions on this one?

you misunderstood...
its saved to the db... but cant be read out again...
because of this shit of casesensitivity... i dont know it this happens only on my server...

character_data
deployable
object_classes
object_data
object_spawns
player_data
player_login

had to be changed to

Character_DATA
Deployable
Object_CLASSES
Object_DATA
Object_SPAWNS
Player_DATA
Player_LOGIN

otherwise my server would start but had no access to the db...
so the gear data was saved into Object_DATA
and now (if the logfile is correct) its getting read out of object_data (which is not present likewise...)

any suggestions on this one?

This is related to the Operating system that your database is being run on. take a look at this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html
In MySQL, databases correspond to directories within the data directory. Each table within a database corresponds to at least one file within the database directory (and possibly more, depending on the storage engine). Consequently, the case sensitivity of the underlying operating system plays a part in the case sensitivity of database and table names. This means database and table names are not case sensitive in Windows, and case sensitive in most varieties of Unix. One notable exception is Mac OS X, which is Unix-based but uses a default file system type (HFS+) that is not case sensitive. However, Mac OS X also supports UFS volumes, which are case sensitive just as on any Unix. See Section 1.8.4, “MySQL Extensions to Standard SQL”. Thelower_case_table_names system variable also affects how the server handles identifier case sensitivity, as described later in this section.

I don't know how much access you have to your database but you could try and start mysql with the lower_case_table_names set to a value of 2

2 Table and database names are stored on disk using the lettercase specified in the CREATE TABLE orCREATE DATABASE statement, but MySQL converts them to lowercase on lookup. Name comparisons are not case sensitive. This works only on file systems that are not case sensitive! InnoDB table names are stored in lowercase, as for lower_case_table_names=1.

i have my database server hosted on my linux root
i have 2 reality dayz servers which are working perfectly...
but not this origins thing...

i have my database server hosted on my linux root
i have 2 reality dayz servers which are working perfectly...
but not this origins thing...

good then try to start your server with the parameter suggested unless you feel like reverse engineering the origins hive.dll

what makes me curious is the fact that some things are read out of Object_Data and this on now of object_data?

but i will give it a try with this parameter later or tomorrow...

what makes me curious is the fact that some things are read out of Object_Data and this on now of object_data?

but i will give it a try with this parameter later or tomorrow...

my best guess is that the hive.dll that origins is using is causing this issue.

All child calls I've seen in the origins calls pass only 1 or 2 params. That's it. No table names, no queries, just params.

ok that solved the problem...
lower_case_table_names = 2 didnt work or me but lower_case_table_names = 1 works so far...

me and my guys were running in another problem now...
we build 2 hero lvl 1 houses...
we put stuff in it... closed and locked the door, unlocked it again... the stuff has gone...

i found in my logfile that its using database tables LOWERCASE this time... so it cant find the data in this table...
where i had to use case sensitivity with uppercase before to get this damned server working i have to use lowercase now!!?

where it was Object_DATA its object_data now...
i wonder if someone else had this problem with the casesensitivity to get the server running too or if im the only one...?
Did you have to make any changes to your database for building houses to work properly?

no... with the new changes i had to do on my mysql server i had nothing to change on the db...
but one of my mates encountered another bug...
they had many items in the inventory of the house... and it has gone again... maybe overloaded?

you have to import the vehicle fix to get them spawned...

Code:
  INSERT INTO dayz_origins.object_data (`ObjectUID`, `Instance`, `Classname`, `Damage`, `CharacterID`, `Worldspace`, `Inventory`, `Hitpoints`, `Fuel`)
    SELECT

OS.ObjectUID
      ,1 as `Instance`
      ,OC.Classname
      ,OC.Damage
      ,NULL AS `CharacterID`
      ,OS.Worldspace
      ,'[]' AS `Inventory`
      ,OC.Hitpoints
      ,5 AS `Fuel`

FROM
        dayz_origins.object_spawns OS
      INNER JOIN dayz_origins.object_classes OC
        ON OS.Classname = OC.Classname
      WHERE
        1 = 1
        AND OS.ObjectUID NOT IN
        (
          SELECT
              ObjectUID
            FROM
              dayz_origins.object_data
            WHERE
              1 = 1
        )

that should do the trick

no... with the new changes i had to do on my mysql server i had nothing to change on the db...
but one of my mates encountered another bug...
they had many items in the inventory of the house... and it has gone again... maybe overloaded?
yeah, I had a report of a house losing gear last night. Checked db and the inventory was all empty brackets.

Report said he was outside, unlocked house, went inside, locked house, went to sleep. Unlocked house then gear was gone.

maybe its caused by locking it from inside?...
we will test this one tomorrow... i will report back on this one ^^

some players always complain about the no loot thing on our server too... but i cant confirm it...
we made 4-5 rounds through the city in about 15-20 minutes... and loot was always respawned...
we found enough material to repair our vehicles and build some houses etc...

Look like the problem (loot) only is there when you are driving in a car/heli to the city. When you park car/heli 100m away there are no problems.

this problem exists since the first version of dayz and everyone should know right now about it ^^

but the people on my server said they were going in by feet...

Back