Origins Server?

Got the server working nicely with help from Matt and Cortez. Just need to fix the spawn and gender selection being blocked by the anti-hack.

We got the pCleanup script set to run when starting the server

odd not sure why you got that message. ill take a look and see if i can fix it. If you need the other files i will upload them all.

I think it would be good to have the entire server package, the same as the one you lads are using, that way we know it works, done so much hacking and chopping of the files of late I have lost track of where we are, put it down to old age : )

why are these guys NEVER posting a full error message?
my mates also NEVER do this... and i hate it... ^^

Sorry dude xD I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with your script/fix in all honesty xD like I said in a previous comment I've only just moved up from Pwnz0rs server package which starts up a temporary but fully configured MySQL DB whilst you're running the server, I've ran a LAN only Taviana server using thevisads git bliss repository and that was a simple setup but I have no idea about going into the game files/MySQL and playing with it but if anyone wishes to explain it to me or for other users with the same predicament as me can you please do so ^_^ (I'm very technical minded so will be straight forward for me to understand) either message me your skype or comment here ^_^ thanks in advance! :D

on an unrelated note, your i7 has 4 physical cores and 4 virtual cores.

HT = HyperThreading which is a virtual core for each physical so yes you are right in saying that, i'm just thinking for those with Xeon powered rigs without HT, does it make a difference to running the server or disregard the CPU count if there is no additional available cores

Thank you very much guys for this!

Nice that people her problems say,
but my biggest thanks is for Sylvesterb !
and cortez

Lootsystem sometimes is mysterious, but it really works :)

Final Fun now!
You are the Best!

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Startup_Parameters

Have a read of that and it should answer your question.

It appears it will override auto detection so it will literally think there is 6 cores avavilable, anyhow back to topic can you run me through the setting up of the server, implementing vehicle spawning etc? as it stands, i can start the server, join and play i'm just not sure on how vehicles stand, loot is fine and works for me, i also for some reason cannot edit my inventory in the Mysql DB to give my player morphine as i did in Tavi LAN server and my Pwnz0r Cherno server, is that a bug? its not necessary but could mean no morphine in the server whatsoever.

i'm currently on skype if you can assist there? add me if you have the time currently, xex_dubwooferx

when ever you add things to your database via problems like navicat you need to make sure you save your changes otherwise it won't work. You also need to ensure you're not ingame while you make changes to your character so make sure you leave the game or go to the lobby.

when ever you add things to your database via problems like navicat you need to make sure you save your changes otherwise it won't work. You also need to ensure you're not ingame while you make changes to your character so make sure you leave the game or go to the lobby.

That is correct, i always save changes and frequently edit it twice to confirm its saved changes and i do back out of the game to the server browser, let me try it now as i've just used your updated files from EPM-gaming.

EDIT: Problem solved, morphine was now present in my inventory after editing it, seems all i need to do now is sort out vehicles and day only

Sorry dude xD I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with your script/fix in all honesty xD like I said in a previous comment I've only just moved up from Pwnz0rs server package which starts up a temporary but fully configured MySQL DB whilst you're running the server, I've ran a LAN only Taviana server using thevisads git bliss repository and that was a simple setup but I have no idea about going into the game files/MySQL and playing with it but if anyone wishes to explain it to me or for other users with the same predicament as me can you please do so ^_^ (I'm very technical minded so will be straight forward for me to understand) either message me your skype or comment here ^_^ thanks in advance! :D

Disregard my issue saying your script error'd on me, there was no problem with it, i'm jsut a noob and had no idea how to use it :p i just managed to use it to spawn vehicles by querying my object_data table :D

EDIT: But it appears nothing has spawned, i've restarted the server and changed my worldspace to a vehicles as i have done in my previous servers and nothing has spawned :(

Back