Player Movement History

i now use a combination of two tools, killzone_kid's tool in conjunction with the one i bought.

KK's one is much better for quick access and viewing of player/vehicle/tent position and inv, and then the other one of tracking movement.

Im guessing that the survivor_log table grow very rapidly in size. Anybody checked how large the table is after a few weeks of running? of course it all depends on how many players you have on the server.

I use a different approach for checking player movement history (only done when an incident is reported in). I parse the hiveExt.log. It contain all updates to the database.

eg. for player updates(php code):
Code:
$hits = preg_match_all("/^([0-9]*-[0-9]*-[0-9]* [0-9]*:[0-9]*:[0-9]*)\s.*Worldspace` = '(\[[0-9]*,\[[0-9]*\.?.*,[0-9]*\.?.*,[0-9]*\.?.*]]).*id` = ([0-9]*).*$/i", $line, $result);

here you get date/time, position and id (id in survivor table) in the $result array.

A 100mb hiveExt.log takes on my old server around 10sec to parse.

Then I display it on a map (google map with polyline and markers). Every marker has title with id and timestamp.

example (filtered out only one id):
http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/17/84/76/17/captur10.jpg

King, if you wouldnt mind elaborating a little more on this approach. Like break it down Barney style for me. Lol I dont know how to "parse" log files or where to input that code at. Im not completely illiterate on all of this but my knowledge on this coding is limited, If i were more fluent it would be easier but Im learning still.

I have Bliss PHP admin tool, I also Use navicat to manage the database and back it up.
I have an image copy of the full desired map, which is Namalsk.
So where does this "parsing" take place lol

my parser :D

1Khdx.png

Ive been using my quick C# mock-up for parsing the hiveext.log and displaying any given time in the log on a map.
The code itself is horrible (coded from the hip:) and the graphics are from the dayzmapper, so i consider it as only for internal use..

I mainly use it to settle disputes among players, but also when I suspect a player for "bad" behaviour. I like the idea of measuring the speed as Sharkiller have done. You measure distance between 2 given updates in the database/log?

This is my log explorer:
ovvcNqh.jpg

Is there any other software that is available for viewing player history in the same manner?

Ive been using my quick C# mock-up for parsing the hiveext.log and displaying any given time in the log on a map.
The code itself is horrible (coded from the hip:) and the graphics are from the dayzmapper, so i consider it as only for internal use..

I mainly use it to settle disputes among players, but also when I suspect a player for "bad" behaviour. I like the idea of measuring the speed as Sharkiller have done. You measure distance between 2 given updates in the database/log?

This is my log explorer:
ovvcNqh.jpg

Is there any other software that is available for viewing player history in the same manner?
I actually like it. Could you please share it? :3

This is my log explorer:
ovvcNqh.jpg

What software do you use?
Would like to use it on my server.

I was not thinking of releasing it. First of I use graphics from dayzmapper. Second it is very resource hungry. I read the whole hiveext.log into mem. so a 300000 line hiveext log will easily consume 300-400 mb in mem. Doing a "play" to automatically skip forward in the log will use a lot of cpu time as it does heavy string parsing routines and db access in each cycle.

From any line in the log it will read backwards x no. of lines until the timestamp is older than 240 sec. So this means when there are 40 players on there will be like 2-3 updates for each player in buffer. when eg. only 2 players online there will be 20-30 updates in buffer for each player.

It's an ugly duck from an engineers standpoint, but it does the job at least for me :p

Well, I run a server for a small community, and there are like ~15ppl online, so the log is not THAT big and I have enougth RAM for all the stuff. Even thought it's an "ugly duck" you should post the code, would be very helpfull for lots of us and someone could even improve it, make it better and do something with buffer.

I was not thinking of releasing it. First of I use graphics from dayzmapper. Second it is very resource hungry. I read the whole hiveext.log into mem. so a 300000 line hiveext log will easily consume 300-400 mb in mem. Doing a "play" to automatically skip forward in the log will use a lot of cpu time as it does heavy string parsing routines and db access in each cycle.

From any line in the log it will read backwards x no. of lines until the timestamp is older than 240 sec. So this means when there are 40 players on there will be like 2-3 updates for each player in buffer. when eg. only 2 players online there will be 20-30 updates in buffer for each player.

It's an ugly duck from an engineers standpoint, but it does the job at least for me :p
Kinda easy to read it in in blocks of lets say 10 lines, which would save a lot of ressources in the end ...

Back