Possible Nuke script / fallout like experience on server?

jiujitsugod

Hello , has anyone made a nuke script that runs serverside for a fallout\ steven kings the STAND like experience on a private hive? something where an nuke would drop on a random city? its something we have been trying to do and alot of other servers admins want so i figured i would just ask here.. great forum and lots of great help so far thanks in advance..

regards jjgod

ebay my friend and i have tried countless things to get this nuke to work server side ..no go for us u have anything.. its amazing someone hasnt made it yet for the air raid mod would be perfect

ebay my friend and i have tried countless things to get this nuke to work server side ..no go for us u have anything.. its amazing someone hasn't made it yet for the air raid mod would be perfect

Find Matt L and my Booby trap script, compile it and look at how we triggered the explosion.

guys just wanted to say thank you for all the help and commander retra for the response... hopefully someone can get this working we were not able to get it going .. Good luck guys cheers!

hey ebay awsome work on this, but i cant seem to be able to call the nuke in ... do i have to create the sensors for it to work?

edit:
nvm i made an error while editing some paths ... :oops:

anyways does it only flash the screen ... isnt there supposed to be some sort of mushroom cloud showing, i only got like a "whiteout"?

tbh it looks more like an EMP strike as is ... but thanks for the efford on this anyways, its still pretty awsome.

however i think there might be some calls changed regarding knocking people out, nothing happend to me or anyone else on the server after it detonatet (even tho i was only like 1.2km away).

Halvhj
hey ebay awsome work on this, but i cant seem to be able to call the nuke in ... do i have to create the sensors for it to work?

edit:
nvm i made an error while editing some paths ... :oops:

anyways does it only flash the screen ... isnt there supposed to be some sort of mushroom cloud showing, i only got like a "whiteout"?

tbh it looks more like an EMP strike as is ... but thanks for the efford on this anyways, its still pretty awsome.

however i think there might be some calls changed regarding knocking people out, nothing happend to me or anyone else on the server after it detonatet (even tho i was only like 1.2km away).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey halvha, Good catch, did you have to change any paths due to you wanting it to be located in another folder, besides the scripts folder..

Im having the same issue. the script is in FIne. NO ERRORs. but when i get to the big building and go inside. i dont get the message Radio nuke, or the option.. any help is greatly appreciated.. thank you in advance.. feel free to skype me

UPDATE...

THIS SCRIPTS WORKS IN EPOCH CHERNO 1.25

BUT IT DOES NOT WORK IN 1.3.1..

I GET NO MENU.. can anyone help test on Epoch V. 1.3.1

Last edited:
never mind i got it working , thanks to all.. my scripts folder was spelled Scripts..... and not as the path : scripts...
nuke works mushroom,, knockout.. server wide notice.. all good thanks alot guys .. GREAT JOB on the script and support.

I too was looking for an apocalyptic feel to my private server which included nuclear and radiation type events. After much work and I seriously mean a lot of work, I developed an event system that randomly spawns the event in a random location chosen from an array of locations.

What it does is sound an air raid siren for 5 minutes in the city the nuke is inbound to, this is your warning to get the F out of dodge. After the 5 minute warning a nuke will come in from about 3000 feet (looks great if the weather permits you to see the trail) hits the ground and detonates with full mushroom cloud and damage that I can customize. A radiation zone is left in it's place for a predetermined amount of time. Once that time passes the radiation zone is clear and you may re-enter the area. I currently have just about every city in the array, besides the trader cities and anything within nuke/radiation damage range of said trader cities for obvious reasons.

The nuke itself is based off of lk's since the particle containers and all looked fantastic I saw no need to alter their appearance. I also used the base sounds for the nuke, however I reduced the size of the files considerably. I am a professional audio engineer and own a studio so I ran the files through some processing to make up for the reduction in quality (size) and the end result is the files actually have a bit more bass and depth now despite being much smaller. I also used a siren file I found that was small and could loop pretty well.

The rest is custom using a few ideas from some other scripts regarding firing certain functions. I am still in the testing phase as there are some things I need to fine tune and a few things I want to add but so far it is working really well.

So far my server looks very apocalyptic with the color correction, earthquakes, dust/wind, air raid sirens and nukes. The next piece I want to add to the event system is the storm event from Namalsk. That or an emp setup, I have the story line to support it, I just have to script it.

It's running on my private Epoch 1.0.3.1 server (not open to public) at the moment.

Retra forgot to add a public warning to this post but, this guy was warned too.
-snip-

Last edited by a moderator:
User was warned for this post.
@Zeehond23 I am not really sure how I should respond to your comment. I get that you are being sarcastic and a woof, but the real question is... why? I came here to attempt to contribute some of my work, that isn't done being tested yet, but if I am going to get this kind of response then sit on it. Not worth it. Why would you intentionally be a meow to someone who is looking to contribute? That is a total dinosaur move. Are you a banana?

Since you were such a great welcome wagon Zeehond23... the community can thank you for keeping me from sharing anything. Because I love puppies :)

Yes lighten up... you were just... joking. Do you honestly think telling ME to lighten up over your dumb comments make your actions ok? You are one seriously screwed up person if you think that let's you off the hook. Perhaps you just don't have the intelligence to understand that what you said is not socially acceptable. It's not how you talk to people you don't know unless you are looking to get your teeth knocked out.

You said this to me...
" -snip-"

Say that to someone you don't know in public and see what happens junior. I am guessing you wouldn't do that because of the aforementioned teeth getting knocked part of the equation. You need to work on your social skills if you plan to survive your teens.

Own up to your poop and apologize like a man instead of being a lil vacuum cleaner trying to shrug it off like were kidding. Facts are... I came here looking to add to the community and for whatever reason, perhaps the sand build up at your private beach has reached critical mass, you decided to be a lil vacuum cleaner and act like an apple and say some retra is hungry. Then, instead of owning up to it like a real man would, you act like a lil tricked out orange and try and play it off as you were joking... how.... pathetic.

You can take your sad attempt at justifying your comments and place them gently next to your head, which is currently up your rectum.

Here is some friendly advice...
Words mean things and actions have consequences. Perhaps next time you will think before you speak.
If you can't do that... shut the cats are cool up.
#lifelesson

dude, grow up

some of the stuff you acuse him of is completely made up in your mind ... lol?

tbh i dont like him either, but it dosnt give me the right to offend him as a person and dont acuse ppl of made up stuff either ... thats just taking it over the edge ...

theres ppl like zeehound23 all over the world in real life, you just gonna have to accept that ...

if you cant, then i suggest you not to write in a public forum where ppl like him will write back and offend you when you are obviusly this easily offended.

I am a super laid back person who likes to help others, however... I don't put up with bullshit from anyone, especially some kid on the internet. It's kids who condone that type of behavior that need to grow up and start taking responsibility for their actions even though I know it's the cool kid thing to say to the person who is calling out the asshats to chill or grow up or whatever trendy comment of the week is floating around the web at the time.

It's too bad kids these days aren't bright enough to distinguish the difference between standing up for yourself and getting upset. I say/said everything without a single vein rising to the surface of my skin. Don't confuse intelligent responses with anger.

The reality of it all is I have never spoken to the guy and have never said anything about him until tonight. I don't take kindly to being attacked for no reason, which is exactly what he did. He had no cause to say what he said and for me to let it slide is what's wrong with this world.

Insult my mother and girlfriend... Retra is amazing.

Too many people let foolish behavior slide for whatever dumb reason they want to cite, personally I think it's because people are too much of a pussy to call them out.

-Retra it's actually because this is the internet and no one cares...

Now back to business...
Here is a video of the script as it's working on my server. I shortened the siren run time to shorten the video, normally it gives you 5 mins to get out of town and I used a "test" array that points to a specific location so I could be there to video as the sirens went off. Normally it's random.
There are still a few quirks I need to iron out and some things that need tuning before I would consider releasing it, however after the shitty welcome I just received.... I am not feeling it.

Back