Problems Installing

vonlinchen

Hello all, I'm very new to the whole management of a dedicated server so this may well be me making a stupid mistake. But I've looked at this every which way I can think of.

I've installed all of the prerequisites for installing Reality DayZ on my server. However when I try to follow the next set of instructions I run into a snag.

I run 'control_panel.cmd' and select option 4 which then appears to present several errors:

35a6wkp.png

Any idea what might be causing this?

I have no idea why 'access is denied' comes up & i'm pritty damn sure i've installed MySQL Server correctly.

If anyone can shine some light on this I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Von

ok... so I just continued with the setup, then selected the build option and after specifying map, carepackages etc.

I encounter this:

fyo02v.png

Am I to understand this as being normal?

Yes, I installed that as per the prerequisites list. Is there anything I need to do in addition to installing it?

Running the .bat seperately produces the same result.

The only thing I can see that looks wrong when its running is the 'Access Denied' bit as shown below:

ibj90w.png

This occurs at least twice during the setup

Your not running strawberry perl, uninstall all perl installs from your machine and then download it from here you have more issues then just the access is denied, mysql prereqs are missing, basename object is missing and more.

Strange, I downloaded from that link yesterday and after installing was presented with the errors. I just completely uninstalled it and ran the same installer, after which I no-longer have the Basename error. But he MySql one is still there.
Would this be a problem with the MySql install or still further problems with Strawberry Perl?

Which version of MySQL are you using? The setup file should resolve all dependencies as it goes through.

Go into the util directory and you will see a folder called DBIx-Migration-Directories-0.11, inside is a build.cmd file, drop to a command prompt in this directory and type "build installdeps"

Ok did that, this is the responce got:

nqtl5i.png

However I still get the same error when trying to setup perl or build. :S

I also tried "...Directories-0.11\Build build installdeps" which gave a different responce but still hasn't resolved the error

You seem to have a perl64 sitting int he root of c:\ do you have multiple perl installations on your machine?

As far as i'm aware there is only what the strawberry installer, installed.

I have both a Strawberry & Perl64 directory in C:\

Would this be affecting it?

Thank you sir!

It appears to have worked.

Apparently Perl64 was installed by default on the machine, didn't know it was there until you pointed it out ^^.

Thank you so very much for your help in this matter!

One final thought, can anyone tell me or offer me a guide on how to set up the database required for the installation?

Or is it literally just a blank database?

Great! The database can be setup using the control panel. Choose Option 3 and go through each item you want to add.

Back