Reality and 1.7.5.1

I tried my best to figure it out, but with not knowing what needs to be done to incorporate it, I am lost.
Would love to help and contribute more but would take a little guidance on what's required.

Yes I was talking to you :)
The basic support of almost any map is given in reality without any great changes.
Only some needs special packages like celle or dayz+ support. despite them, other maps work fine with the basic builds and features.

Running good minus some script.txt issues. It's kicking me for some scripts that don't seem to exist in the script.txt files.

I didn't see any changes to Reality.
Did you use it as it is?
No I hadn't pushed it yet, I just updated the 1.7.5 branch for Reality with the changes needed. Currently the filters don't work 100%, so use the ones from the package unless you want to help identify the issues with the filters.

I was having an issue with spawning in vehicles in my bat file (startup) - This is what I was using: db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --name xxx --user xxx --pass xxx --host localhost --port 3307 --limit 250 --cleanup all

I've even tried using my actual IP as the --host value. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to spawn in vehicles.... I used the Control Panel to do it but it ignored any/all value changes I made in the database. (Min/Max Spawn Values of Vehicles)

Not sure where to go/look to try and get more information for you; or to fix it.

Have you cleaned up all your damaged vehicles? The tool looks at the database and will not spawn any additional vehicles if it has reached its maximum, either in Max vehicle amounts or in max spawn locations. If there are damaged vehicles then those must be cleaned first with --cleanup damaged

I just tried to run through the basic steps again; when I go to do a build...

World - Chernarus
Instance - 1
Packages - Buildings / Custom Inventory / Disable ssZeds

Error message: "World defined was not specified in the data file."

I just tried to run through the basic steps again; when I go to do a build...

World - Chernarus
Instance - 1
Packages - Buildings / Custom Inventory / Disable ssZeds

Error message: "World defined was not specified in the data file."

This should have been fixed as of last night with the latest update.

This was on a brand new server that had no vehicles spawned in yet. I had modified all the values of the vehicles (taking out air vehicles) and reducing a few max values. However, all the script would do is attempt the following:

INFO: Instance name dayz_1.chernarus
INFO: Cleaning up damaged vehicles
INFO: Cleaning up old deployables
INFO: Cleaning up tents with dead owners old than four days
INFO: Starting boundary check for objects

After that, nothing. Generally I would see it spawn in vehicles with a count of how many.

So; the only way I could kick off vehicle spawns was with the Reality CP but it ignored any/all value changes I had in the Database. I know, because it spawned in air vehicles; which I had taken the time to set to 0 / 0 (Min/Max)

Have you cleaned up all your damaged vehicles? The tool looks at the database and will not spawn any additional vehicles if it has reached its maximum, either in Max vehicle amounts or in max spawn locations. If there are damaged vehicles then those must be cleaned first with --cleanup damaged

This was on a brand new server that had no vehicles spawned in yet. I had modified all the values of the vehicles (taking out air vehicles) and reducing a few max values. However, all the script would do is attempt the following:

INFO: Instance name dayz_1.chernarus
INFO: Cleaning up damaged vehicles
INFO: Cleaning up old deployables
INFO: Cleaning up tents with dead owners old than four days
INFO: Starting boundary check for objects

After that, nothing. Generally I would see it spawn in vehicles with a count of how many.

So; the only way I could kick off vehicle spawns was with the Reality CP but it ignored any/all value changes I had in the Database. I know, because it spawned in air vehicles; which I had taken the time to set to 0 / 0 (Min/Max)

Spawning is done without any config options right now until we move cleanup out to the db utility.

ANY usage of --cleanup will cause the scripts to ignore spawning vehicles.

Spawns vehicles
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --name xxx --user xxx --pass xxx --host localhost --port 3307 --limit 250

Does cleanup routines
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --name xxx --user xxx --pass xxx --host localhost --port 3307 --limit 250 --cleanup XXXXX

Awesome; thanks for the heads up. I would have been knocking my head against a wall soon.

hey guys sorry to be the noob in the crowd here, but I currently have a server with dayz.st and I wanted to use this as a test server running off my home desktop. I have merged arma 2 and arma 2 OA together in a folder and then added the server files to that folder. I am lost on how to start the server and do anything else

Thanks
Any help appreciated

If you don't use a control panel of some type to run your server, than you can create a .bat file to run everything step by step.

Use something like this and edit with your info.

Code:
@echo off
echo Stopping game server...
taskkill /F /IM arma2oaserver.exe
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Cleaning dead from database older than 7 days...
perl db_utility.pl cleandead 7 --host x.x.x.x --user dayz_user --pass mypassword --name dayz_chernarus --port 3306
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Updating banlist...
perl update_bans.pl --save "C:\yourserverlocation\BattlEye\bans.txt" --banz --cbl --dwarden --mybans "C:\myserverlocation\mybanz.txt"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Executing spawn script...
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --limit 900 --host x.x.x.x --user dayz_user --pass mypassword --name dayz_chernarus --port 3306 --cleanup bounds
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Starting server...
"Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -ip=y.y.y.y -port=2302 "-config=dayz_1.chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=dayz_1.chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=dayz_1.chernarus" -name=Reality "-mod=@dayz;@reality_1.chernarus" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=2048
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Leaving the launcher...
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
exit

Reality comes with restarter that is updated each time you compile the world, you can use this or create the batch files like shown above.

Back