[Release] - BTC Fast Roping

Great job Kind-Sir I am new to scripting and I didn't have a problem getting this to work on my Taviana Dayz.st server. Although it would be nice if u could see an actual rope or even a pole. Machine gunners could NOT fastrope and out of 6 tries my friend died twice, one at 9 meters another at 17.

I've tried at it, but the first attempt proved no success.
I'll see what can be done.

Alright cool, it would be much appreciated. My buddies love fast roping down out of my chopper into the cities, but picking them back up is where things get a bit more difficult. That's why I'm thinking an ability to climb rope would be pretty badass.

Great job Kind-Sir I am new to scripting and I didn't have a problem getting this to work on my Taviana Dayz.st server. Although it would be nice if u could see an actual rope or even a pole. Machine gunners could NOT fastrope and out of 6 tries my friend died twice, one at 9 meters another at 17.
It seems like they are prone to land on top of one another.
I'll see what can be done about preventing that.

If you mean one player landing on top of another that was not the case.
Okay, I'll take a look into a better script that will lower the player without having them take fall damage.
This way higher fast-roping heights would be possible.

Doesn't appear roping onto a structure is safe, is there a way to fix this? All tests to rope onto any building resulted in death.

Is it supposed to not allow me back into the heli from fastrope? because i get an option on foot when looking at a hovering heli.

Is it supposed to not allow me back into the heli from fastrope? because i get an option on foot when looking at a hovering heli.
I have noticed this, and made a fix... but I have not tested the fix extensively.
Update coming soon.

I had it working at one point but after adding some other mods in it all of a sudden just doesn't work any more :/ anyone else have this issue?

yea I double checked all of that, everything is exactly where I left it, here's my pbo..any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    481.6 KB · Views: 10
yea I double checked all of that, everything is exactly where I left it, here's my pbo..any help would be greatly appreciated

all i changed was the location of the execvm to the bottom of your init. let me know if that fixes it. couldnt find any other changes that werent correct already.

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus----forumsquirrel.pbo
    481.7 KB · Views: 14
all i changed was the location of the execvm to the bottom of your init. let me know if that fixes it. couldn't find any other changes that weren't correct already.
alright I'm testing it now so ill give you an update in a few minutes, but there may be something else you could help me with, I also have a strippable vehicles mod loaded in and for some reason when you strip a part off, you get that part in your inventory but the vehicle does not register there being a part taken away, so basically you can infinitely copy vehicle parts

Any way to make this not kill you if you quick rope to a building roof? Testing a few times killed the guy every time roping onto Devils Castle tower

and it still isn't working :/

you had your compiles called 2 times, i commented out one and deleted the extra file.

also re tried to install your script. give it a try it really only seemed ur compiles are wacky.

anyone else above my expertise can help if it doesnt work :D

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus----forumsquirrel2c.pbo
    481.5 KB · Views: 10
you had your compiles called 2 times, i commented out one and deleted the extra file.

also re tried to install your script. give it a try it really only seemed ur compiles are wacky.

anyone else above my expertise can help if it doesnt work :D
which compiles.sqf did you remove, cause both were essential to at least one mod functioning and now I spawn in debug xD

Back