[Release] Car Radio

I have tried to follow the instructions. Everything works correctly but the custom songs I want to add. Seems like everytime I edit the mission.sqm file it doesn't seem to work correctly. I just used the example for now to see if it can get it to work.

https://gist.github.com/Pantera222/8280190
this is my edited mission.sqm file
Also where do I put the music folder? Thanks.

Btw I am running Dayz Epoch 1.0.3.1

I got this in .rpt-Do I need to put the CLAY_CarRadio folder in the addons as well?
7:44:07 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CLAY_CarRadio
7:44:07 Missing addons detected:
7:44:07 CLAY_CarRadio

Last edited:
Yeah I did use the one from the link I think. I will make sure. OK I thought you needed that info to get the custom music to work but I guess not. Thanks.

Yeah I did use the one from the link I think. I will make sure. OK I thought you needed that info to get the custom music to work but I guess not. Thanks.

Yes you are correct about this setup if you need this to build a custom list of music for yourself.
Follow the instruction in the map "Playlist Editor demo files" i just changed the files in the GitHub .

And like Vampire said the other link is for serversetup for everybody in the server.

Cheers.

I thought I was following it correctly but everytime I put this line
Code:
version=11;
class Mission
{
        addOns[]=
        {

"CLAY_CarRadio",

};
        addOnsAuto[]=
        {

"CLAY_CarRadio",

};

in with my missions.sqm file, when I log in the blue text on the left loads up but in the back ground I see waiting for host and on the top right I see my name with my ping and it just sits there. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am still new with coding but trying to learn what I can. If I can figure out this, then maybe next I can work on protected domes for people.

Well the error I get is that it cannot find CLAY_CarRadio in missions but I have the folder in my MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\ folder is that not where I need to put it?

Last edited:
Usually wenn he hangs like you say there is a coding error in the mission file
I only tried to add music wenn the directory is in the mission file and that works.
But i did not try it on the client side!

Also tried in the server file but did not work either.
I have not find a way to add music next to the mission file or stream it from the server.

Last edited:
Is there any fix for this, because my admins and I can use it but my players cannot it only pops up and goes away, I am using Infistar if it helps any?

I thought I was following it correctly but everytime I put this line
Code:
version=11;
class Mission
{
        addOns[]=
        {

"CLAY_CarRadio",

};
        addOnsAuto[]=
        {

"CLAY_CarRadio",

};

in with my missions.sqm file, when I log in the blue text on the left loads up but in the back ground I see waiting for host and on the top right I see my name with my ping and it just sits there. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am still new with coding but trying to learn what I can. If I can figure out this, then maybe next I can work on protected domes for people.

Well the error I get is that it cannot find CLAY_CarRadio in missions but I have the folder in my MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\ folder is that not where I need to put it?
I got the same problem :(

I got the same problem :(
addons in your mission.sqm refers to folder locations on the server itself so you would need a folder in your server @clay_ radio/addons and that would contain the pbo files.
This post specifically tells you NOT to put that line in your mission.sqm unless you are using the server side installation.
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-car-radio.11194/page-3#post-90152

And on the github site I dont see any mention of editing your mission.sqm file
https://github.com/Rythron/CarRadio_MP_Dayz/blob/master/Installation.txt
the only thing that makes it 'server side' is that you are using the default music from arma2oa that is included in music_e.pbo .(as far as I can see anyways,) FYI: My favorite is "Good Morning Takistan"

Last edited:
Back