[Release] Custom spawn location based on UID (No Database Triggers)

This conversation makes me kind of sad. Player 2 created a script,made it public and did a really good tutorial for beginners. The thanks for that is a 2 site long shitstorm because someone cant give any information about his problems. That's one of the reasons why ayan4m1 gave up on Bliss and also other contributors (of other DayZ related stuff).

MrGrimm, I highly suggest you read this:

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You could read it, and learn something, or you could just roll your eyes and pretend you know everything.

Either way, makes no difference to me.

To P2, awesome script, thanks a TON!

From that link:
Hackers have a reputation for meeting simple questions with what looks like hostility or arrogance. It sometimes looks like we're reflexively rude to newbies and the ignorant. But this isn't really true.
What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions. People like that are time sinks — they take without giving back.

Pretty much sums up my attitude in this thread.

From that link:
<snip>
Pretty much sums up my attitude in this thread.

Probably my most used bookmark, that little article!
It should be stickied on every forum, the first hand out for every teacher in every school, and read by everyone. The main body (and part of what you quoted) is actually printed out and hanging in my lab at work :)

I totally agree, Look he still cant give up, I cant see where ive been cocky, everything Ive said to him has been about his lack of information. It all started by me saying he HAS done something wrong. Which has to be true, as I followed the tut on our 2nd server to make sure it was correct. If it dosnt work then dosnt that mean something has been done wrong somewhere? lol. Did me and p2 both not offer to help if he provided the information? Sigh, Why do we bother releasing this stuff? because the majority of the site are good, willing to listen people.

You'll see some of my posts on some forums, saying followed the steps, cant get it working, gonna try reinstall it again, Durp! i'm an idiot. It worked, got something wrong somewhere i guess :p, but anyways im done replying to that clown, let him troll and get tired :)

Me and p2 gonna be busy next few days, setting up our dedi and sorting out PBO's to work with the new dayz release, so we'll try look back every so often, but if we miss ur question, be patient we will respond eventually :p

New to the forums but by looking at this thread it looks like Player 2's response is what set it off. He never said it was a broken script. Yet she jumped on him. He asked a simple question....did anyone else get it working. Gorsy replied "yes whats up? Working on 2 servers here. He replies followed to a T and yet still spawn randomly....in my eyes explaining what the issue was " Still spawn randomly". Never did Gorsy ask for details nor did he offer help " Whats up...working here on 2 servers" isnt offering help. He just asked " Whats up? and stated he got it working" After approx 10 hours Grimm posts just asking anyone ? and then Player 2 accuses Grimm of denouncing the script calling it broken for days. So with reading this thread i can see where MrGrimm might have gotten set off. Step back and re-read your posts again and put yourself in his shoes. You would have been a little upset too.

Dude, do u think we "Share" (yes share, we can keep them to ourselves) these scripts to chase after people saying well tell me this tell me that, If you dont have the will power to not be lazy and actually post what u have done and where you have put stuff, do u really think we shud chase after you?

If you are new to scripting aswell, you will soon start to understand why, it is very time consuming just figuring out where someone went wrong, even more time consuming still when you have to chase after them, Not just I still spawn randomly,

Insted of waiting for a reply, he is doing the Old are we there yet? are we there yet?

Ive seen him in enough threads, that he knows how simple it is to screw things up, and if u dont provide the people you want with the information of what uve done, then something is wrong.

Obviously he did do something wrong as other people have got it working on other servers, I asked him whats up, (gimme info) I have it working on 2 servers (confirmation it works and he has done something wrong) Insted of trying again and figuring out where he has gone wrong, he has just posted again, in which case p2 has offered him help

And Ive been in his shoes, I would try reinstalling it at least twice if people say it is working before I would ask for advice again. (yet he didnt ask for advice) And Yes I was a noob at this not to long ago myself. I dont have the time to chase after people to fix their stuff for them, We share the scripts, we write a tut for it, if they cant get it working then tough shit, if they want help they shud patient, not post multiple messages, and offer the information of what they have done.

People like him make me consider keeping them all to myself and fucking the community off

Again read the posts.....it wasnt you that set himoff....whats so hard to understand about that? I was player2 claiming he denounced her script for days. Never did he say the script was broke yet she jumped all over his shit. Not sure why you keep thinking it was you.

Map: Chern
Host: DayZ.ST
Server running: SargeAI, Air Raid Bombing with working radio calls, Krixes Bloodbag, Fred's Wardrobe, Scroll wheel Refuel, Fred's Journal, Dual Admin Debug, P2's Knockout, AN2 Care Packages, CustomLoot.

Ok just tried this on my server and I'm having some issues. :(
"It looks so simple...". Famous last works.

I tried it first with my full list of scripts (all running ok) and thought, maybe somethings weren't playing nice.

So I dug out my stock PBO's and just installed this script and
/Lana
NOOOPE!
/end Lana

Dug through my report file and found this, repeating over and over.

Code:
Error in expression <f (player == vehicle player) then {
if (_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 200) then>
  Error position: <_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 200) then>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _mylastpos
File z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf, line 323
Error in expression <n {
_randomSpot = false;
};
_distance = _mylastPos distance _tempPos;
if (_dista>
  Error position: <_mylastPos distance _tempPos;
if (_dista>
File z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf, line 37

Here's the snippet from player_spawn_2.sqf from dayz_code/system

Code:
Line:321_lastPos = getPosATL player;
Line:322    if (player == vehicle player) then {
Line:323        if (_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 200) then {
Line:324            if (alive player) then {
Line:325                player setPosATL _mylastPos;
etc            };
        };
    } else {
        if (_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 800) then {
            if (alive player) then {
                player setPosATL _mylastPos;
            };
        };
    };

And the error at the end line 37...

Code:
Line26    //reset position
Line27    _randomSpot = true;
28    _tempPos = getPosATL player;
29    _distance = _debug distance _tempPos;
30    if (_distance < 2000) then {
31        _randomSpot = false;
32    };   
33    _distance = [0,0,0] distance _tempPos;
34    if (_distance < 500) then {
35        _randomSpot = false;
36    };
37    _distance = _mylastPos distance _tempPos;
38    if (_distance > 400) then {
etc        _randomSpot = false;
    };

if (_randomSpot) then {
        _mylastPos = _tempPos;
    };

So I reverted completely back to stock and found this repeating over and over...

Code:
Error in expression <ombieSpeak;
};
};
};

if (!(_refObj in _targets)) then {
if (_dist < DAYZ_disAu>
  Error position: <_targets)) then {
if (_dist < DAYZ_disAu>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _targets
File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf, line 43
Error in expression <ue = true;
_type = "zombie";
_targets = _group getVariable ["targets",[]];

if (>
  Error position: <_group getVariable ["targets",[]];

if (>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _group
File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf, line 13
Error in expression <f (player == vehicle player) then {
if (_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 200) then>
  Error position: <_mylastPos distance _lastPos > 200) then>
File z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf, line 323
Error in expression <n {
_randomSpot = false;
};
_distance = _mylastPos distance _tempPos;
if (_dista>
  Error position: <_mylastPos distance _tempPos;
if (_dista>
File z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf, line 37
Error in expression <Toolbox;

if (_isEngineer and (_type in USEC_CanDisassemble)) then {
r_action = >
  Error position: <USEC_CanDisassemble)) then {
r_action = >
  Error Undefined variable in expression: usec_candisassemble
File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageActions.sqf, line 159

I'm at a loss as I'm ok at scripting and really good at following directions, but that's a load of errors... where therer shouldn't really be any?

Any other DayZ.ST folks seeing this in their stock .pbo's?

To P2/Gorsy... do you see anything in there that could mess with this script? :(

Map: Chern
<Awesomely detailed post>

To P2/Gorsy... do you see anything in there that could mess with this script? :(
I'll get back to you about that asap me and gorsy are a bit busy setting up a dedi at the moment, you haven't gone unnoticed don't worry.

Again read the posts.....it wasnt you that set himoff....whats so hard to understand about that? I was player2 claiming he denounced her script for days. Never did he say the script was broke yet she jumped all over his shit. Not sure why you keep thinking it was you.
You're missing something, the reason that Gorsy is posting that is because he knows I was annoyed by the fact that MrGrimm didn't take him up on his offer for help.

MrGrimm clearly said that it was broken and that he followed the tutorial correctly when that wasn't the case.
Now whenever people click my thread and read the comments to see whether or not it is working they're going to see some noob saying it doesn't work when following my tutorial.

The way the script works is: it literally teleports you when you log in, are you using some kind of anti teleport? That playerspawn2 you linked seems to store your _mylastpost (stores your position) then checks if the position between your last save and current position is no greater than 800 meters, if it is it teleports you back.

also did you put the _randomspot part into the server pbo? (just checking, its easy to miss something out)

is not working for me, maybe is because the anticheat and teleport?, dunno. I did all edits and nathing.

thanks anyway.

I'll get back to you about that asap me and gorsy are a bit busy setting up a dedi at the moment, you haven't gone unnoticed don't worry.
<Snip>

No worries P2... I'm not a noob to coding, just Arma2 scipting and how all these files intertwine. I have a feeling this might have something to do with the errors I'm receiving when I'm just using a bone stock mission/server .pbo.

The way the script works is: it literally teleports you when you log in, are you using some kind of anti teleport? That playerspawn2 you linked seems to store your _mylastpost (stores your position) then checks if the position between your last save and current position is no greater than 800 meters, if it is it teleports you back.

also did you put the _randomspot part into the server pbo? (just checking, its easy to miss something out)

Yep! Relevant below from \server\compile\server_playerSetup.sqf

Code:
//dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state];
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state,_randomSpot]; //P2's Make them bitches appear where you want 'em!
_clientID = owner _playerObj;
_clientID publicVariableClient "dayzPlayerLogin2";

As far as anti-teleport... not that I know of... This round of testing was from a fresh non-modded mission/server .pbo

That bottom section of errors is from an unmodified pbo. I included it just as a "maybe these errors are causing this script not to work" deal. I'm really not sure why the DayZ.ST unmodded mission/server .pbo is throwing this error continuously. I have an email out to them, too.

In the process of doing it. should have it working soon, managed to get custom intro's working, so this will be next, and it works in a similiar way. P2 will repost it once we get it working most likely

In the process of doing it. should have it working soon, managed to get custom intro's working, so this will be next, and it works in a similiar way. P2 will repost it once we get it working most likely

Awesome keep us updated Gorsy! Thanks :)

Back