[Release] mmmyum's zed changes - quantity, AI, spawning, permaLoot, permaZeds& more

@novaline: Maybe you can show off your RPT to see if Yum starting to count Buildings and Locations. It takes a while till Zeds will spawn. In my experience its depending to the Hoster too. In my case i needed 5-7 minutes with G-Portal to count all Locations and Buildings and with Nitrato 12-16 Minutes after Restart.

@DangerRuss: You need to delete the part that looks like that:

/*%FSM</LINK>*/
/*%FSM<LINK "time_sync">*/
class time_sync
{
priority=3.000000;
to="sync_the_time";
precondition=/*%FSM<CONDPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</CONDPRECONDITION""">*/;
condition=/*%FSM<CONDITION""">*/"(time - _lastTimeSync) > 300"/*%FSM</CONDITION""">*/;
action=/*%FSM<ACTION""">*/"_lastTimeSync=time;"/*%FSM</ACTION""">*/;
};

Do you know if its possible to put the time acceleration server side?

Still need to get rid of the permaloot, I don't see the pros of using it. It only adds more load to the server

If you dont want it, then you need to comment out the part for loot spawning in spawn_permaloot.sqf. Also you need to compile the player_spawncheck.sqf from yum with the normal epoch code with exeption of the zombie part. In server_functions.sqf you need to activate the cleanup for despawning the loot. But thats not what was originally intended from yum. You better should use the regular spawnsystem and you can change the zed behavior too.

If you dont want it, then you need to comment out the part for loot spawning in spawn_permaloot.sqf. Also you need to compile the player_spawncheck.sqf from yum with the normal epoch code with exeption of the zombie part. In server_functions.sqf you need to activate the cleanup for despawning the loot. But thats not what was originally intended from yum. You better should use the regular spawnsystem and you can change the zed behavior too.
exactly thats what i want, regular dayz epoch spawn system and daycycle system but with mmmyums zed ai/permaZeds

You got it running DangerRuss?
yea its running in my mission folder but I was wondering if theres a way to get it running server side? Players complain that occasionally the screen goes suddenly dark for a moment or so even when wearing night vision. And for new spawns it's day time for a couple of minutes then suddenly night (if it's night on the server).

yea its running in my mission folder but I was wondering if theres a way to get it running server side? Players complain that occasionally the screen goes suddenly dark for a moment or so even when wearing night vision. And for new spawns it's day time for a couple of minutes then suddenly night (if it's night on the server).
Yep that's why I didn't want the accelerated time

i like the accelerated time, I was looking for it for a long time, but Im unsure why time is server side yet this script runs client side.

I like it too!
Its possible to run it serverside. I remember to have a link to another forum and there was a guy who was calling it serverside. I ll search for it and let you know.

Accelerated time means accelerated decay on buildables as well as the hiccup desyncs clientside, only good I see in the accel day cycle is that it allows players in distant time zones to be able to play both daytime and night time

Accelerated time means accelerated decay on buildables as well as the hiccup desyncs clientside, only good I see in the accel day cycle is that it allows players in distant time zones to be able to play both daytime and night time
Well TBH I don't use these server files on my server, I only commented here because I was interested in a couple features this server pack has for my own server. There aren't any buildables that decay on my server. I run a PVP server that has for months and months, an always day server. I personally am not a huge fan of night time for extended periods of time and neither are most people which is why I ran always day. The only exception I would ever make for night time was if I found a way to accelerate time so I could have short nights. I run 4 hour restarts so 1 hour of night give or take is optimum. I didn't want to start the server later in the day and have it go into night because sunset is extremely annoying and lasts for a couple of hours. Long story short, this is perfect. The biggest problem is that whenever a player dies, it's day time for them for several minutes which is kind of dumb. Im hoping calling this server side would correct that issue.

not sure if this has been covered in the thread yet, been reading it from start, but how do we reduce the amount of loot. how do we make certain items more rare?

thanks in advance

If you are using my files then you then you can edit the cfgbuildingloot.hpp.
For every class you will see a general lootChance, this i set to "1" (100%) that means at this class there will definitely spawn loot. In this class you can define the types and make them rare. Additionally you can edit the cfgloot.hpp to define the different types.

If you are using my files then you then you can edit the cfgbuildingloot.hpp.
For every class you will see a general lootChance, this i set to "1" (100%) that means at this class there will definitely spawn loot. In this class you can define the types and make them rare. Additionally you can edit the cfgloot.hpp to define the different types.

Cant find the cfgbuildingloot.hpp or cfgloot.hpp. supposed they should be in server pbo?

Thanks alot, another thing that bothers me is the instant night day jump, even when using [1,true,10,1,true,1] dawn and dusk is non existant.

Thanks alot, another thing that bothers me is the instant night day jump, even when using [1,true,10,1,true,1] dawn and dusk is non existant.

I can make a cleanup.fsm without the fast time. You need to delete the line in init.sqf where i call the core_time.fsm.
Finally you can delete the file from the mission. But this will happen tomorrow i think.

I can make a cleanup.fsm without the fast time. You need to delete the line in init.sqf where i call the core_time.fsm.
Finally you can delete the file from the mission. But this will happen tomorrow i think.
that would be really nice, if its ok.

Silver85 after looking through all the files you have posted it seems that they are not 1.0.4.2 but a version lower if possible could you post your files again, i can make the changes needed to customize for my server needs. I just need some files that sort of match mine besides the changes you have done.

Back