SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for this worked great on a testing server with low player count but on our main server when busy after about 5 mins everyone's fps dropped really low. Not sure if it was a combination of the npc's with our big map edit, other scripts plus the server being crap? removing the npc's fixed it :(

these are dynamic spawns, not static spawns. read the documentation in that file please, as well as the overall documentation. All your questions are answered there.

Cheers for this worked great on a testing server with low player count but on our main server when busy after about 5 mins everyone's fps dropped really low. Not sure if it was a combination of the npc's with our big map edit, other scripts plus the server being crap? removing the npc's fixed it :(

I would be interested in more details, to be able to optimize the AI.

Anything of help in your rpt? Anything else that you can supply ?

First off, thanks alot for this awesome mod Sarge!!! Have been playing with some friends on a private server, and it works great! Also the work you have done with all the info in the actual sqf files. This is my first mod ever to implement, and i am no scripter at all, so the fact i got it to work is clearly on your behalf! With that said i do however have a few (alot) questions, which may be very easy, but i havent really figured them out as of yet.

First off, the AI weapon loadout. It looks like the 3 classes (leader, rifleman and sniper) have 3 weapons (or more if we just insert some?) to choose from. Though it looks like its not choosen equally between them? Example 19/20 snipers will allways wear the svd_Camo sniper... Is there a way to change the chance of this, or is the chance spread equally (unlucky me) ???

The AI seem to really suck at flying the chopper. Infact i havent seen one fly around yet, only seen and heard them crash down (or into eachother lol) They arent that important, im just curius if there is a setting i might have overlooked.

It looks like the AI is having problems seeing at night. They shoot less zombies, and have a hardt time locating hostiles. Im curius as to giving them nightvision, so that night time isnt a total massacre ;)

There is a dead body despawn setting in your SAR_Config.sqf, i wonder if this only applies to dynamic spawn (which i dont use) or to all spawns (static and dynamic).

Is there somewhere i can change the respawn timer for the static spawns ? I think its somwhere around 10 minuttes now? I would like to make it just a tiny bit longer :)

Sorry for wall of questions, i acktually have more, but they dont really fit here, so ill go make a new post! Thanks again for this great mod, really had some great game evenings with this on :)

Edit: I wonder if this is readable, its late and after i posted it and reread it, i acktually couldnt figure out what i was saying at places ;)

Ok I've been playing with this mod for 6 hours straight now and this is really unbelievable, it changes the entire game. I finally can spawn soldiers and give the players some incentive to not become a bandit just like that. Spawning soldiers that kill bandits make sure PvP only happens when there's a real reward for the bandit, so no more sniping fresh spawns for fun.

Few concerns though:

- Playing at night, the NPC's don't see anything. They don't see a zombie 5 cm in front of them and don't shoot. I could also kill 15 NPC's just like that without getting a single hit. Is there a fix for this other than giving all the NPC's nightvision? (If that works, still need to test).

- Crossfire is another issue, I saw NPC's getting killed in the crossfire by friendly fire, they shot me as well when a zombie spawned behind me :) Not a big deal though since they respawn, and I should never work in front of 10 guns anyways ;)

Hey Sarge, I have bandits and survivors spawning in the electro and cherno grids, and military spawning at devils, Stary. I also have some static military spawns at NEA, NWA.

However I'm getting reports from a ton of our regulars that they are seeing military wandering around as far south as balota and some have been spotted at rog. I've also personally seen survivor AI groups at NWA, even though the closest grid spawn is cherno. Can you take a look at my spawns below and help me see what I'm doing wrong. Or did I discover a bug.

Code:
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[75,0,75],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Elektro, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[50,0,50],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_4_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[3,0,3],[0,75,0],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

//
// Definition of area markers for static spawns
//

// North Barracks NWAF
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG", [4605.576,10453.38]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [100, 100];
_this setMarkerDir 59.354115;
SAR_marker_DEBUG = _this;

// NWAF South barracks
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NWASOUTH", [4693.98,9613.305]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NWASOUTH = _this;

// ATC NWA
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NWAATC", [4755.615,10231.93]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NWAATC = _this;

// STARY SOBOR
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_STARY", [6269.64,7775.732]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_STARY = _this;

//  NEA
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG1", [12032.19,12743.77]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_DEBUG1 = _this;

// NEA2
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NEA", [12412.63,12561.75]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NEA = _this;

cut everything else and just added the meat. Here are the static calls:
Code:
[SAR_marker_DEBUG,1,1,2,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG1,1,1,2,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_STARY,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NWASOUTH,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NWAATC,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NEA,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;

BTW on the last set of static calls the help in the file says that the numbers are: type,snipers,riflemen. However after some testing I was finding that most of my groups had 3 snipers, and 1 rifleman. So I think you might have inverted those two in the help text.

Hey Sarge, I have bandits and survivors spawning in the electro and cherno grids, and military spawning at devils, Stary. I also have some static military spawns at NEA, NWA.

However I'm getting reports from a ton of our regulars that they are seeing military wandering around as far south as balota and some have been spotted at rog. I've also personally seen survivor AI groups at NWA, even though the closest grid spawn is cherno. Can you take a look at my spawns below and help me see what I'm doing wrong. Or did I discover a bug.

Code:
// grid definition for the automatic spawn system
//

// Cherno, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[75,0,75],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_2_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Elektro, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 3 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,0,3],[50,0,50],[4,0,4]],"SAR_area_4_0"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

// Devils Castle, 2 bandit groups, 0 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
_check = [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[3,0,3],[0,75,0],[3,0,3]],"SAR_area_2_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd;

//
// Definition of area markers for static spawns
//

// North Barracks NWAF
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG", [4605.576,10453.38]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_DEBUG = _this;

// NWAF South barracks
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NWASOUTH", [4693.98,9613.305]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NWASOUTH = _this;

// ATC NWA
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NWAATC", [4755.615,10231.93]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NWAATC = _this;

// STARY SOBOR
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_STARY", [6269.64,7775.732]];
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
SAR_marker_STARY = _this;

//  NEA
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_DEBUG1", [12032.19,12743.77]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_DEBUG1 = _this;

// NEA2
_this = createMarker ["SAR_marker_NEA", [12412.63,12561.75]];
_this setMarkeralpha 1;
SAR_marker_NEA = _this;

cut everything else and just added the meat. Here are the static calls:
Code:
[SAR_marker_DEBUG,1,1,2,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_DEBUG1,1,1,2,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_STARY,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NWASOUTH,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NWAATC,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;
[SAR_marker_NEA,1,1,3,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;

BTW on the last set of static calls the help in the file says that the numbers are: type,snipers,riflemen. However after some testing I was finding that most of my groups had 3 snipers, and 1 rifleman. So I think you might have inverted those two in the help text.

Did you set the default grid setup in SAR_config.sqf to 0 for everything ? Otherwise there will be AI in all grids.

The sequence type/sniper/riflemen is correct, rechecked that. Do only your snipers have the sniper skin?

Ok I've been playing with this mod for 6 hours straight now and this is really unbelievable, it changes the entire game. I finally can spawn soldiers and give the players some incentive to not become a bandit just like that. Spawning soldiers that kill bandits make sure PvP only happens when there's a real reward for the bandit, so no more sniping fresh spawns for fun.

Few concerns though:

- Playing at night, the NPC's don't see anything. They don't see a zombie 5 cm in front of them and don't shoot. I could also kill 15 NPC's just like that without getting a single hit. Is there a fix for this other than giving all the NPC's nightvision? (If that works, still need to test).

- Crossfire is another issue, I saw NPC's getting killed in the crossfire by friendly fire, they shot me as well when a zombie spawned behind me :) Not a big deal though since they respawn, and I should never work in front of 10 guns anyways ;)

friendly fire / crossfire is something i can't control, that's the ARMA AI logic hitting themselves ... i saw them doing it as well, and i saw them avoiding it/moving. Think we need to live with that one.

Nightplay - thanks for this feedback, never actually tested their aiming and spotting skills at night, will have a look and might need to code a workaround for this behaviour.

cheers, Sarge

First off, thanks alot for this awesome mod Sarge!!! Have been playing with some friends on a private server, and it works great! Also the work you have done with all the info in the actual sqf files. This is my first mod ever to implement, and i am no scripter at all, so the fact i got it to work is clearly on your behalf! With that said i do however have a few (alot) questions, which may be very easy, but i havent really figured them out as of yet.

First off, the AI weapon loadout. It looks like the 3 classes (leader, rifleman and sniper) have 3 weapons (or more if we just insert some?) to choose from. Though it looks like its not choosen equally between them? Example 19/20 snipers will allways wear the svd_Camo sniper... Is there a way to change the chance of this, or is the chance spread equally (unlucky me) ???

The AI seem to really suck at flying the chopper. Infact i havent seen one fly around yet, only seen and heard them crash down (or into eachother lol) They arent that important, im just curius if there is a setting i might have overlooked.

It looks like the AI is having problems seeing at night. They shoot less zombies, and have a hardt time locating hostiles. Im curius as to giving them nightvision, so that night time isnt a total massacre ;)

There is a dead body despawn setting in your SAR_Config.sqf, i wonder if this only applies to dynamic spawn (which i dont use) or to all spawns (static and dynamic).

Is there somewhere i can change the respawn timer for the static spawns ? I think its somwhere around 10 minuttes now? I would like to make it just a tiny bit longer :)

Sorry for wall of questions, i acktually have more, but they dont really fit here, so ill go make a new post! Thanks again for this great mod, really had some great game evenings with this on :)

Edit: I wonder if this is readable, its late and after i posted it and reread it, i acktually couldnt figure out what i was saying at places ;)

Hi mate,

1) weapon loadout - you can have as many different as you want, just add more if needed. choosing is random, i'll have a look if the BiS function is tending more to some values than others - UPDATE - yes, it seems it is, reworked the random function, is in the next release).

2) Which map are you on? My heli pilots that patrol south and east coast are usually up as long as the server is running ...

3) Night spotting / aiming seems an issue, looking into that.

4) the despawn time applies to static and dynamic spawns

5) respawn timer for static spawns is the same as for dynamic spawns, try to configure it in SAR_config.sqf and check results.

cheers, Sarge

Thanks for your answer! Im playing on the old Chernarus map :) I havent fiddled with the code that handles the choppers either, so it seems rather strange ;)

friendly fire / crossfire is something i can't control, that's the ARMA AI logic hitting themselves ... i saw them doing it as well, and i saw them avoiding it/moving. Think we need to live with that one.

Nightplay - thanks for this feedback, never actually tested their aiming and spotting skills at night, will have a look and might need to code a workaround for this behaviour.

cheers, Sarge

Thanks for the quick answer! Yes crossfire is not a big deal at all. Only thing is that some of the soldiers break their bones and they can only crawl.

For the nights I'll try to give them NV Goggles first see if they use it or not :)

So are Heli patrols tied to a spawn chance or something? Been flying, driving from kamaka- berazeno for 2 hours have yet to have any spawn in. I do however have all my AI in coastal towns set to 0's.

Hey, Im doing everything it says to do but when I put it on my server my server just says on "Wait for host", how do I fix this?

Hey Sarge - this framework is awesome!

I've followed your instructions and have my AI happily killing players, however I'm still getting the "Killed a Hacker" message on the Heli spawns.

As per the instructions I edit my server_cleanup.fsm (this is the only edit I've done to server.pbo).

After I edit the pbo and restart the server I get the "something went wrong please disconnect and try again" error.

If I revert to my unedited pbo server works (but the Heli patrols dont).

I've attached a before and after fsm if anyone can see my syntax error...

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• server_cleanup_before.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
  • server_cleanup_after.txt
    17.6 KB · Views: 7
So are Heli patrols tied to a spawn chance or something? Been flying, driving from kamaka- berazeno for 2 hours have yet to have any spawn in. I do however have all my AI in coastal towns set to 0's.

Nope. If they are configured correctly in the grps_cfg file, they are there 100%. No randomness for static AI patrols.

Code:
23:35:14 "Starting SAR_AI version 1.1.0"
23:35:14 "----------------------------------------"
23:35:14 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition Started"
23:35:14 "Setting up SAR_AI for : chernarus"
23:35:15 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"
23:35:15 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
23:35:15 Error in expression <m.sqf";

private "_ret";

if(count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = (count _t>
23:35:15  Error position: <count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = (count _t>
23:35:15  Error count: Type String, expected Array,Config entry
23:35:15 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 16

My SAR_Config
Code:
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// heli patrol definiton
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// define the type of heli(s) you want to use here for the heli patrols - make sure you include helis that have minimum 2 gunner positions, anything else might fail
SAR_heli_type_list = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","MH6J_DZ"];
SAR_heli_type = SAR_heli_type_list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Any ideas on what this error is about? Heli patrols wont start with this :(

**Solved**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back