SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using all default code (just did a refresh) I only have dynamic spawns enabled, but anytime a player goes near or tries to loot the AI leader, it crashes Arma. any idea why?

Hello Sarge !

Your work is excellent ! Really splendid ! Definitely makes the gaming experience much more interesting on low populated servers ;) (Still does on high ones though)...

Is there anyway we could get in contact ? I'd like to see with you about the installation of the "mod" since it appears to be of an expert difficulty :p I wouldn't want to mess anything while trying to instal it, therefore asking you if you could have a look with me via TeamViewer maybe ?

Thanks a lot for the work and hoping to reach you soon :)

PS : If you wouldn't mind, feel free to inbox me with any details to contact each other.

Code:
23:35:14 "Starting SAR_AI version 1.1.0"
23:35:14 "----------------------------------------"
23:35:14 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition Started"
23:35:14 "Setting up SAR_AI for : chernarus"
23:35:15 "SAR_AI: Area & Trigger definition finalized"
23:35:15 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols started"
23:35:15 Error in expression <m.sqf";

private "_ret";

if(count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = (count _t>
23:35:15  Error position: <count _this > 0) then
{
_ret = (count _t>
23:35:15  Error count: Type String, expected Array,Config entry
23:35:15 File z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 16

My SAR_Config
Code:
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// heli patrol definiton
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// define the type of heli(s) you want to use here for the heli patrols - make sure you include helis that have minimum 2 gunner positions, anything else might fail
SAR_heli_type_list = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","MH6J_DZ"];
SAR_heli_type = SAR_heli_type_list call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Any ideas on what this error is about? Heli patrols wont start with this :(

**Solved**

What caused this? Let other people learn by your mistake :) I assume you passed a string to fn_random, so the entry in SAR_config was wrong ?

Hello Sarge !

Your work is excellent ! Really splendid ! Definitely makes the gaming experience much more interesting on low populated servers ;) (Still does on high ones though)...

Is there anyway we could get in contact ? I'd like to see with you about the installation of the "mod" since it appears to be of an expert difficulty :p I wouldn't want to mess anything while trying to instal it, therefore asking you if you could have a look with me via TeamViewer maybe ?

Thanks a lot for the work and hoping to reach you soon :)

PS : If you wouldn't mind, feel free to inbox me with any details to contact each other.

Thx, but mate:

Would you mind to define "expert difficulty" ????

Copying some files into your pbo, adjusting a couple of files and then either working with the default settings or defining whatever you need in a config file is not really rocket science.

My daily rate is 1200 €, if you are prepared to invest that instead of reading the documentation and learn how to install stuff on your server i am happy to help you out and install it.

cheers, Sarge

What caused this? Let other people learn by your mistake :) I assume you passed a string to fn_random, so the entry in SAR_config was wrong ?

Yep the fn_random will only take array's so to call the options of having a random one spawn you go
Code:
SAR_heli_type= ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","MH60S","MH6J_DZ"];

Just like your default one is. Other wise I would assume to make it work as an array with the fn_random I think it has to look like this
Code:
 SAR_heli_type= {"UH1H_DZ""Mi17_DZ""MH60S""MH6J_DZ"};SAR_heli_type = SAR_heli_type call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Sarge, have you tested changing skin of bandits to something available in the communnity server package ? Recently I have changed bandit skin to Ins_Soldier_Base, everything works fine, skin is appearing ..etc but then dead ai bodies have been staying in server with no deletion taking place, anything else I can provide to do a check ?

Sarge, have you tested changing skin of bandits to something available in the communnity server package ? Recently I have changed bandit skin to Ins_Soldier_Base, everything works fine, skin is appearing ..etc but then dead ai bodies have been staying in server with no deletion taking place, anything else I can provide to do a check ?

Only bodies with that skin stay ?

Re: Heli spawns not working (my post above)

Sarge - posted the server_cleanups above

the relevant (didn't want to upload 3mb file) part of my rpt is
Code:
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:1 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "DEBUG: Spawning a "Misc_cargo_cont_net1" at [7432.8,4616.12] with loot type "Residential" With total loot drops = 3"
11:12:25 WARNING: Function 'name' - Cohen the Barbarian is dead
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor2_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Survivor2_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Bandit1_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Bandit1_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: SurvivorW2_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: SurvivorW2_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-B:1 (thinkdabub) REMOTE Type: Soldier1_DZ"
11:12:25 "DEBUG: Spawning a "C130JWreck" at [12006.4,12575.5] with loot type "Hospital" With total loot drops = 10"
11:12:26 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
11:12:26 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry and heli patrols finished"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Rincewind R 1-1-A:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Rincewind R 1-1-A:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Max Hero R 1-1-B:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Max Hero R 1-1-B:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 WARNING: Function 'name' - Rincewind is dead
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Camo1_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Camo1_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Soldier1_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Soldier1_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 WARNING: Function 'name' - Max Hero is dead
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor2_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Survivor2_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:28 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\razor.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 214, 349, 208
11:12:31 WARNING: Function 'name' - Max Hero is dead
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Survivor3_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor3_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 WARNING: Function 'name' - Rincewind is dead
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Rocket_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Rocket_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"

Only bodies with that skin stay ?

I can test it further later on in the day but I so far I have only set BANDITS spawn in my server and with that skin, they do not disappear despite setting "SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 60; // 1 minutes" nothing strange in my RPT logs but would this be related ?

Code:
17:17:09 Server: Object 5:1929 not found (message 91)
17:17:09 Server: Object 5:1928 not found (message 99)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1936 not found (message 98)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1937 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1939 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1938 not found (message 99)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1941 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1940 not found (message 99)

Thx, but mate:

Would you mind to define "expert difficulty" ????

Copying some files into your pbo, adjusting a couple of files and then either working with the default settings or defining whatever you need in a config file is not really rocket science.

My daily rate is 1200 €, if you are prepared to invest that instead of reading the documentation and learn how to install stuff on your server i am happy to help you out and install it.

cheers, Sarge

Thanks for the reply...

I was hoping for something a bit more helpfull but anyways, what i mean by expert difficulty is something i've never done before and therefore prefer asking someone who knows what's he doing instead of messing with something that could not be reversed afterwards.

Yes unfortunately not everyone knows exactly what's going on etc, therefore we prefer coming to people who can actually help us for the sake of simply helping out.

You see i've never worked with .pbo files and don't know how to unpack/pack and edit those things, that's why i was looking for help.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help, will try the documentation than.

How can I add extra mags and backpacks to the AI loadout?

All i can find is this

Code:
//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_rifleman_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

and so on for the different types.

How do i get extra ammo for correct type of weapon they are carrying?

All i can find is this

Code:
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_rifleman_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

You cannot add backpacks to AI from what I know. For ammo otherwise; you can just add ammo to _items section.

Of course you have to get the item ID of the weapons they are using if you want them to carry extras, just like how you do for custom loadout.

Re: Heli spawns not working (my post above)

Sarge - posted the server_cleanups above

the relevant (didn't want to upload 3mb file) part of my rpt is
Code:
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:1 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Cohen the Barbarian O 1-1-B:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:25 "DEBUG: Spawning a "Misc_cargo_cont_net1" at [7432.8,4616.12] with loot type "Residential" With total loot drops = 3"
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor2_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Survivor2_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Bandit1_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Bandit1_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: SurvivorW2_DZ Side: EAST Group Side: "
11:12:25 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: SurvivorW2_DZ Name: Cohen the Barbarian Side: CIV Group Side: EAST"
11:12:25 "LOGIN PUBLISHING: B 1-1-B:1 (thinkdabub) REMOTE Type: Soldier1_DZ"
11:12:25 "DEBUG: Spawning a "C130JWreck" at [12006.4,12575.5] with loot type "Hospital" With total loot drops = 10"
11:12:26 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for Helicopter patrols finished"
11:12:26 "SAR_AI: Static Spawning for infantry and heli patrols finished"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Rincewind R 1-1-A:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Rincewind R 1-1-A:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Max Hero R 1-1-B:2 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER Max Hero R 1-1-B:3 IN Mi17_DZ"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Camo1_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Camo1_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Soldier1_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Soldier1_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Soldier_Crew_PMC Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor2_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:26 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Survivor2_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:28 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\razor.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 214, 349, 208
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Survivor3_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Survivor3_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Max Hero Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI hit - Type: Rocket_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI attacker - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI killed - Type: Rocket_DZ Side: GUER Group Side: "
11:12:31 "SAR_HITKILL_DEBUG: AI Killer - Type: Mi17_DZ Name: Rincewind Side: CIV Group Side: GUER"

Can you double/triple recheck that you adjusted your server_cleanup.fsm, and that its in the right place, and that you dont have anything else in your server.pbo ?

The above is a clear sign for the cleanup fsm deleting the heli, all the rest of the entries are crew getting killed by that etc.

Thx & cheers, Sarge

All i can find is this

Code:

Backpacks cant be used for AI atm, and i am not planniong to implement this, see no big advantage in that. You can already define the items and tools layout for the AI, with backpacks they become very easy farm targets.

For ammo: Why would you want that ? It is intended that they only have one mag, otherwise players will farm them for ammunition (what they already do).

I recommend to keep em as is, if you add magazines manually (which isnt easy, cause the weapon is randomly selected), you will not gain much - ammo that they can use they will use, and ammo that they cant use can be looted by players that shoot them.

Sarge

Thanks for the reply...

I was hoping for something a bit more helpfull but anyways, what i mean by expert difficulty is something i've never done before and therefore prefer asking someone who knows what's he doing instead of messing with something that could not be reversed afterwards.

Yes unfortunately not everyone knows exactly what's going on etc, therefore we prefer coming to people who can actually help us for the sake of simply helping out.

You see i've never worked with .pbo files and don't know how to unpack/pack and edit those things, that's why i was looking for help.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help, will try the documentation than.

Mate, i understand your point, hope you can understand mine as well. In my opinion, somebody who runs a server SHOULD have the knowledge and be able to modify it / understand the structure/Pbos etc.

We all started at that point, i still remember going nuts about not being able to compile pbos, until i realized the tool that i was using was bugged.

Just stick to it, invest a couple of hours reading tutorial, and you'll be there pretty fast.

cheers, Sarge

I can test it further later on in the day but I so far I have only set BANDITS spawn in my server and with that skin, they do not disappear despite setting "SAR_DELETE_TIMEOUT = 60; // 1 minutes" nothing strange in my RPT logs but would this be related ?

Code:
17:17:09 Server: Object 5:1929 not found (message 91)
17:17:09 Server: Object 5:1928 not found (message 99)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1936 not found (message 98)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1937 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1939 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1938 not found (message 99)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1941 not found (message 91)
17:17:11 Server: Object 5:1940 not found (message 99)

Are you sure the whole group is dead? NPCs only get deleted if the whole group is killed. That might be the case here.

Thinking of making a video tutorial for this script so that newer people would find it easy to implement it into their server.

Would that be ok Sarge?

Obviously full credit would go to you.
Sure Tiger,

if you offer to do that it would be great! I am better with code than with videos, so i'll stick to my area :)

cheers, Sarge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back