Sharing Characters Across Maps

seaweeduk

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Hi guys, I'm loving reality so far in the process of getting everything fully setup to move my server over to the dedicated box.

One of the things I wanted to do was share characters across different maps, I'm currently running a chernarus and namalsk instance and wanted to set them up to share the chernarus character.

I saw that in hive.ini you can set a seperate WSpace column, so I set the namalsk server up to connect to the chernarus db. I created a new worldspace column and used this WSpace value to point to that column.

I also set the namalsk server to use its own database table for the [object] section in the hive.ini so vehicles wouldnt be shared.

Upon joining the namalsk server I had the correct chernarus inventory however I was in the middle of the ocean. I killed my char and got a fresh spawn on the coast. However the worldspace values didn't appear to save as on every login I'd be in a new spawn location. However my inventory was saved and updated....

I could see new values in my namalskWorldspace column but not sure if the game wasn't reading them or they were written with incorrect values.

Anyone have any advice?

I know it would be possible to pursue this with purely with SQL if hive.dll is the problem here, not currently sure as to how to go about that yet either.

I hope you suss this, would love to do the same. Is your first login, on namalsk, using the worldspace from the survivor table ? after that I would have thought it would update your new worldspace. I think if there is an invalid worldspace as the spawn you get sent to the debug area and spawned at a new, random point.

Very bad idea Worldspace data is saved in character data so if ur far left corner on cherno u will be on namalsk which is the ocean also Items are different in namalsk u pick up a ASPI helmet or a silenced makrov in namalsk then joing ur cherno server u will spawn with nothing or get the message corrupt data

Conclusion DONT DO IT

Granted, it would be difficult, possibly some trickery might be required at player spawn. I would have thought, at worse, you would lose the banned weapon, same as I have experienced adding them into db manually.

yeh then loosin ur weapon then goign back to other map no weapon.... and actually no if u try and do it u lose ur data its just the way the databasw works give it a try go set up a namlsk ans cherno server copy past over ur player data a few times messes things up bad you would need to write a new set of scripts to transfer between servers for the playadata and a new database structure to have Worldspace for both maps its really just not worth the time it would take and the bugs it would create sharing data between 2 servers running the same map aka 2 chernarus servers works perfect no issues when u start trying to do that with something as diverse as namalsk with all its changed u opening up a whole big can of worms

im in the progress of setting up 2 extra chernarus servers 3 levels of difficulty ur character data is the same on every server also doing this i can have different vehicles and spawns on each one wouldent want Farmer Giles farming helis so its gona be Server (1 Recruit, static time, plenty of fixed vehicles (2 Regular, GMT Local, vehciles spawn damaged (3 Vetran, all standard settings and spawns ... i may even go as far as a 4th server (4 Recruit, GMT, Local 500+ repaired vehicles say as a fun blow each other up server

Very bad idea Worldspace data is saved in character data so if ur far left corner on cherno u will be on namalsk which is the ocean also Items are different in namalsk u pick up a ASPI helmet or a silenced makrov in namalsk then joing ur cherno server u will spawn with nothing or get the message corrupt data

Conclusion DONT DO IT

You seem to be missing the point of having an independent worldspace column for one of the servers which is what the WSpace setting is for. This means you have an unique position on either map.

The issue of incompatible items I have already thought about and can workaround for the small minority who try and swap between two.

I have it working now as far as the two worldspace values are now independent however the namalskWorldspace column isn't being updated and stays static at whatever it is initially set to.

Sounds like the hive is doing its work and something is happening with this custom column for the worldspace, have you got logging setup for the hivext, you should get any read / write errors in there..

u got alot of classnames to work with doing the equipment good luck

Based on my experiences with the LRR and makarovsd since they were banned by 1.7.5.1 the hive wouldnt wipe a charcter for having a banned/invalid item class anyway it just wouldnt show the item in question. Give yourself winter clothes on chernarus or a makrovsd and see what happens before you give out false info. The worst that would happen is a lost item as far as I can see.

Sounds like the hive is doing its work and something is happening with this custom column for the worldspace, have you got logging setup for the hivext, you should get any read / write errors in there..

I have logging level at debug currently havent seen any errors next thing I want to do is monitor the live sql queries and see where thr problem is.

This is something I've been interested in for a while now. Would be great if you could transfer a character... Set 1 spawn in point for all players transferring - Perhaps a location 2000m in the air with HALO capabilities.

And as for items couldn't an "item exchange" be created, so if an item doesn't exist on one map or the other... it hands out a default item for that category.

LRR allowed on one, you transfer to other server, not available there, you end up with a default rather than empty hands, say an M24.

Perhaps I'm confused on what's going on.

Back