side/global chat only available if you have a radio

As far as I know, this isn't possible. There are no scripting commands that can be used to disable/enable chat, though I'm no expert.

Might be able to do something involving game logic and triggers. Might be able to slap a trigger on side chat, and if it's updated server-side, it could either
A) broadcast message if player has a radio
B) deny player access to side chat with a feed-back message

Or intercept the message before it's broadcasted... however, it seems to be hooked to arma2oaserver

Just to throw it out there in Sarge's AI there is a turned off setting where the AI uses the raido's and maybe with that code that is somwhere in the files you could code in players not the AI and use side-chat I am new to all this so idk if it would work or even if it could.

will not work imo.

The only way to disable / enable sidechat for players is via the description.ext (disableChannels).

enableRadio does not work for text messages in MP (untested). I am not aware of the possibility to attach a trigger to sidechat.

In theory it would be possible to recode the complete sidechat functionality, but that's a nice little challenge .-)

cheers, Sarge

another thought ... there is a mod available that moves the chat window off of your screen. Issue is that you will need every client to have that mod installed.

as long as there is no way to adjust the layers of the chat window while a game is running, that's a dead end as well.

Might be able to do something involving game logic and triggers. Might be able to slap a trigger on side chat, and if it's updated server-side, it could either
A) broadcast message if player has a radio
B) deny player access to side chat with a feed-back message

Or intercept the message before it's broadcasted... however, it seems to be hooked to arma2oaserver

Can we please get this script made? Anyone?

Back