Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

Okay, I'm not going to worry about it then. I want the Factions to Fight each other, like a death match of AI's. I'm trying my best to understand all the codes and scripts but still a lot to understand.

Okay, I'm not going to worry about it then. I want the Factions to Fight each other, like a death match of AI's. I'm trying my best to understand all the codes and scripts but still a lot to understand.
To make the AIs fight each other, all you have to do is make them hate each other in the set_unit_faction.sqf file..

here is thr rpt file ...thanks for your time with me
download the latest unit_killed file from the original post. I think you're using an outdated one..

actually.. i think you're using an old add_unit_Server.sqf.. hell, i don't even know.. the error you're getting makes no sense.. lol

the localization of your respawnTime variable is incorrect, but I can't tell why.. can you upload your pbo? package it using PBOView so that I can open it.

in unit_killed.sqf do this:
diag_log format["Respawning in %1",_respawnTime];

right above the line that says "sleep _respawnTime;"

and then check the logs after you kill both groups.. see what it says your respawn times are..

You have it set to 15 minute respawns.. So I don't know why they would be instant..

thats what i did and its in the file u can see in my pbo i think right where you said to put it

srry to add the the number of people your helping lol..my freinds really want this to work on my server

in unit_killed.sqf do this:
diag_log format["Respawning in %1",_respawnTime];

right above the line that says "sleep _respawnTime;"

and then check the logs after you kill both groups.. see what it says your respawn times are..

You have it set to 15 minute respawns.. So I don't know why they would be instant..

thats what i did and its in the file u can see in my pbo i think right where you said to put it

srry to add the the number of people your helping lol..my freinds really want this to work on my server
attach your add_unit_server.sqf please.. somehow the respawnTime variable isn't making it to your unit_killed file

line 11 seemed to fix some of my problem...thank you much..
my otmel 5 still no respawn but the skalinsky island ones 2 of the 4 diff groups seem to respawn correct..i mean there not spawning as fast as i can shoot em at least ...im getting closer .

Hello all, im new to this thread but have posted on others. I am clueless at this point! I have tried every configuration of the standard, and modified versions from page 1 on. I still get the same "something went wrong, disconnect and try again". I am running Taviana through DayZ.st. Any help would be absolutely awesome! thanks in advance! Attached is the mission pbo that ive been modifying, modifying, and modifing!

Attachments

• dayz_missionLTAI.pbo
    159.2 KB · Views: 3
Hello all, im new to this thread but have posted on others. I am clueless at this point! I have tried every configuration of the standard, and modified versions from page 1 on. I still get the same "something went wrong, disconnect and try again". I am running Taviana through DayZ.st. Any help would be absolutely awesome! thanks in advance! Attached is the mission pbo that ive been modifying, modifying, and modifing!
I can't view your PBO.. Use PBOView to package it, and I will take a look..

All, i've come across a problem with the respawns.. They are respawning randomly at 1 of the waypoints you have set, and almost always as a sniper.. i'm debugging now, but I probably won't have anything until tomorrow afternoon..

Im not sure how to use pboview, but ill give it a try

Cant figure it out...ill try this....these are each in the scripts folder which is in the mission folder. this obviously gets packed into a pbo and uploaded onto the server.

Attachments

• zombie_generate.sqf
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
  • unit_killed.sqf
    940 bytes · Views: 4
  • set_unit_faction.sqf
    296 bytes · Views: 3
  • add_unit_server (1).sqf
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
To start, you're using 3 different versions of files mixed together.. you're using v1 init, v2 add_unit and set_unit, and v4 unit_killed..

Go back to post 1 and do those instructions using those files.. ignore other posts since they are based on outdated files.. i always update post 1 so that new people will have fresh files..

I will start over but I did originate with the beginning setup. Could you look at my init.sql real quick? I believe that is where the problem is. Thanks

Back