Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

Someone tell me please, how i am make the exacly NPC's attack zombies? One by one explain please, i am only want the my added by editor NPC's attack the zombies, i dont want any spawning NPC..

attach your add_unit_server.. looks like your respawnTimer variable is localized instead of global..
In your add_unit_server it should be respawnTimer and not _respawnTimer
My add_unit_server is from the 1st post, I downloaded it after you added the respawn ability.
I did have _respawnTimer so i changed it to respawnTimer and it's still the same, No matter what group i kill they always respawn on the last spawn point listed in my init.sqf

I've attached my add_unit_server as you asked :) Also pasted my RPT after the change, Notice how i kill 2 but 5 respawn :confused: Only me on the server and only East AI so it can't be the AI killing each other.

Code:
12:05:44 "NPC dead! Respawning in 600"
12:06:16 "NPC dead! Respawning in 600"
12:10:05 "Respawning NPC at [5571.87,9117.28,0]"
12:10:05 "globalFaction is 1"
12:10:06 "Respawning NPC at [5571.87,9117.28,0]"
12:10:06 "globalFaction is 1"
12:10:21 "Respawning NPC at [5571.87,9117.28,0]"
12:10:21 "globalFaction is 1"
12:15:44 "Respawning NPC at [5571.87,9117.28,0]"
12:15:44 "globalFaction is 1"
12:16:17 "Respawning NPC at [5571.87,9117.28,0]"
12:16:17 "globalFaction is 1"

Attachments

• add_unit_server.sqf
    13 KB · Views: 7
hey everyone im just wondering sycosis have you gotten this to work on thirsk yet if you have tried i have unbanned all the skins for AI units but the dam things just wont show up on the server and i have no clue as to why either. i have got everything the same as i did on cherno all the spawn points on thirsk and all the call lines and what not but still no joy any ideas anyone whos got it working?

add_unit_server.sqf:
I've attached this file to the post.
1) Create a folder called scripts inside your mission folder.
2) Put the file into your scripts folder.

There is some configuration in this folder that you have to deal with. I will cover it real quick. If you have any more detailed questions, feel free to ask.

What program do you use for configurate the (add_unit_server-sqf) link me the program please :)

Hey guys!

I followed this thread with interest and got it to work with the add_unit_server solution...
But i get stuck on implementing the Scripts from https://github.com/dayzai/DayZBanditAI
Also using the prepaired mission from there wasn't succesful...
the oaserver.rtp only shows
17:48:10 Server: Object 3:140 not found (message 70)
17:48:10 Server: Object 3:139 not found (message 70)
17:48:10 Server: Object 3:138 not found (message 70)
17:48:10 Server: Object 3:137 not found (message 70)
nothing else occurs...

My Question is if somebody out there has already implemented this Script or if i have to
use any additional Scripts to start up spawning AI Bandits on my Server?!?
I've already been struggling aound with this the past 3 Days, and now i am on my wit's end :(
Maybe i do something fundamentally wrong....Help would be apprechiated!

I've also started a new thread http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/dayzbanditai-package-from-github.8527/to keep the results transparent and to prevent any irritations
because in my understanding the Github Script looks a bit different to those axeman started this thread...(hit me if i'm wrong)

excuse my english, but my teacher also spoke sluggish english ;)

Regards!

@Richie: I got the same problem. They keep spawning at the very last entry of my init.sqf. Did you figure something out already?

Do bodies disappear when you kill them?

I have mine working great! They are honestly brutal! Problem im having is that they dont respawn at all. Anyone tell me where to start?

Where is the Units/Directory?? I would atleast like the zombies to react to the gunfire. But this is great work so far!!

Not Sure why but all my AIs stopped spawning:/?? Can someone look at my files and tell me whats wrong??
- I think it has something to do with the way I put more items in my gearsets in add_unit_server.sqf but I'm not sure how to properly input them:( sorry but can someone please help me...

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    76.1 KB · Views: 3
Greetings again, i fixed the AI attack the zombies issue. But now my units is dissapear, i dont understand this problem. Normally unit limit is very huge. I am added 11 unit and save the mission, then i am converting the sqm. And take the biedi in new.Chernarus, and i am enter the game open the Multiplayer and press the new. Load/Merge.. and my 11. unit is dissappear, my only 10 unit in here. What is this? Help me please..

has anyone else had the problem with them being invisible? i have them on my server and the friendlys seems to be invisible and the others are not respawning at all but nothing is showing up in rpt anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: they are showing up in the rpt file as respawning at the last worldspace thats on which ino is waiting to be fixed but they are invisible when they respawn

OK, I keep getting an error saying cannot find scripts/units killed. Unit server shows to call for it and vice versa. I cant figure out why its not finding resulting in no respawn.

gary upload your init,add_unit_server and unit_killed file i will have a quick look and what does it say in your RPT file?

Back