Simple AI Tutorial (no rMod or DayZ_Factions)

I got my Ais working again but can't seem to figure out how to add items to their inventory. I wanted some of them to have NVGs and hatchets and thought I had it working right but than everytime I tried to search the AIs my game would crash?? Also if I want to add other ammo types like 40mm grenades how would I do that??

yes you can do that easily but the other problem you will run in to is when the player logs out and then back in that weapon will disappear as i found that out when i first did it and are you sure your using the correct ammo for it no mistyping? what class name is the vss again?

VSS_vintorez 10Rnd_9x39_SP5_Vss, 20Rnd_9x39_SP5_Vss. I changed out red smoke grenades with the 20 round mag to test. When they are "spawned" onto a person with the database they work fine. It is something about no entry in a cfg file. It is just a popup and he has not found any yet.

Guys my AI wont spawn after i gave them random loot selection could someone please take a look at this i really want this working

Attachments

• add_unit_server.sqf
    14.9 KB · Views: 1
When I run this script I end up with WAY too many AI units, can someone explain where it says "squads will be placed in multiples of this number"? I would rather just set how many, not have to guess...

our ai has been working most wonderfully ,however we have same problem with them respawning at last location in the list....wich makes for alot of ai in one spot..is there a fix for this yet?

When I run this script I end up with WAY too many AI units, can someone explain where it says "squads will be placed in multiples of this number"? I would rather just set how many, not have to guess...
Set them as individual soldiers Eg : Unit type 0 = random - 1 = sniper - 2 = gunner - 3 = militia
Setting them as 4 = group and will give you 1 of each

our ai has been working most wonderfully ,however we have same problem with them respawning at last location in the list....wich makes for alot of ai in one spot..is there a fix for this yet?
No fix yet, wait for Sycosis to reply :)

gary upload your init,add_unit_server and unit_killed file i will have a quick look and what does it say in your RPT file?

Scootieo, here they are. Thank you very much! I also attached my Init.sqf. Something went wrong last night and since then they wont spawn at all. Not sure if it is from the "Fast Rope" I added, the hacker that decided to grace us, or what. But total bummer right now :(

Attachments

• add_unit_server.sqf
    13 KB · Views: 3
  • unit_killed.sqf
    1.2 KB · Views: 2
  • init.sqf
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
Just noticed and early post so i updated my unitkilled and attached it.

Attachments

• unit_killed.sqf
    1.4 KB · Views: 5
Curious if there is a way to make AI bodies be buried after being killed, perhaps with a sleep timer to give my players a few minutes to loot them first. Fantastic, simple way of adding AI's though, thanks.

Has anyone else had these problems?? On my server yesterday I suddenly noticed that the AI stopped working(didn't spawn it). Around the same time, players started typing in side about being stuck at the loading screen. I noticed that this was only happening to new players or fresh spawns. The new players that were actually able to make it in, were half dead or had a broken leg. I read somewhere that there was indeed others having these same problems. I'm just wondering if there was some kind of update or something that caused all this. I miss my AI, lol.

So I manged to get this working on the first go, thx everyone for the great advice and help. I am facing two issues, the first is the AI disappear right when killed, their bodies gone and nothing to loot, if I exit then come back in the bodies are on the ground and lootable. Second they respawn fine but they seem to change factions as they do, on initial spawn they simply run around me - after one dies and they respawn I am attacked. Any advice? I am using the vanilla files from the first post.

Set them as individual soldiers Eg : Unit type 0 = random - 1 = sniper - 2 = gunner - 3 = militia
Setting them as 4 = group and will give you 1 of each

No fix yet, wait for Sycosis to reply :)

Yeah I had them set to squads, easy fix. Thanks.

Back