[Simple Tutorial] Dogs on Taviana

No.....But im not sure whst this line is ?

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
//_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf

antihack.sqf?

Removing the line "[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf" makes no difference, not in solving the present problem anyways.

The present problem with the new Patch is this - For Chernarus map, anywyas:
  • DogHouses spawn - Dogs will bark - a Dog will Spawn - ....
  • Dogs doens't attach to Owner and Dog Menu does not show "Follow, Find, Stay".
  • Dogs remains static, won't move other than barking once every 20 secs.
Someone mentioned - Command "dogOwner = [];" - However, that only tells the server how many dogs per owner(spawning one dog per client).

The trigger must've changed.
It's possible that the command in plrInit.sqf -- "waitUntil {!isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck")};" could be obsolete.

Can someone confirm that, please!

Removing the line "[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf" makes no difference, not in solving the present problem anyways.

The present problem with the new Patch is this - For Chernarus map, anywyas:
  • DogHouses spawn - Dogs will bark - a Dog will Spawn - ....
  • Dogs doens't attach to Owner and Dog Menu does not show "Follow, Find, Stay".
  • Dogs remains static, won't move other than barking once every 20 secs.
Someone mentioned - Command "dogOwner = [];" - However, that only tells the server how many dogs per owner(spawning one dog per client).

The trigger must've changed.
It's possible that the command in plrInit.sqf -- "waitUntil {!isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck")};" could be obsolete.

Can someone confirm that, please!

Would be great to get this working . Im dieing to add it to my server.

I am currently attempting to get this to run on my Namalsk server. I have it all inserted correctly and I have placed some doghouses to test but I do not get any dogs spawning from the doghouses nor do I hear any dog barks. I did have one issue with a section of the script though. When I put in this:
Code:
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
//_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";
The _playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; part of that causes the player models to go invisible until the player changes their clothes. So when I change this line back to _playerMonitor =[] execVM "\nst\ns_dayz\code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; the player model is no longer invisible.

Okay I figured out what was wrong. In the mission file with the doghouse building placement the init expression section was quadruple quoted somehow. I knocked it down to a single quote and it worked. I also left the line I mentioned in the above post changed and it still worked.

Added the script to Chernarus.
Found the dog houses, but no dogs.

I do get this error when connecting from lobby: script addin\plrInit.sqf not found

The map loads as it should, but no dogs to see or hear.

Well I have multiple Class Vehicles; one with items=100 (Added it under this one so now it's 106) one with items=1 and one with items=31. But I think I should have added them under items=31 :p Will try that now. Will let you know if that's it ^^ Thank you for the fast replies :)
Where did you find the "items=31" line? All I can find is the 100 and 0. I do run Chernarus though.

Where did you find the "items=31" line? All I can find is the 100 and 0. I do run Chernarus though.

I had this working on Taviana, I'm not sure whether this works on 1.7.7.1 (I run Chernarus Epoch 1.0.1.4 now, comes with dogs) So, sorry; can't help you there.

Hi marvel, may u help me please? look my "Run Player monitor" looks like this:

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

That is because i have others script, can u help me please?

Thanks !.-

Would be great to get this working . Im dieing to add it to my server.

Yes as far as i found out the dayz_Totalzedscheck somehow doesnt work (at least on Tavi 2.0). I use !isNil ("dayz_myPosition") as a Trigger für HALO Spawn and it works. If you check the spawning logic in playermonitor.fsm you can see that dayz_myPosition is one of the last things that is filled during spawning. For HALO Spawn that works so it might aswell work for dogs

I get the Wait on host issue with the following error: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1280: /Mission/: Missing '}'

Posted my the script on this post: http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-addin-serverside-scripts.7840/page-25

If anyone could help out it would be much appreciated. Been working on it for days now o_O Thx

You are putting the dog coordinates in the wrong spot.

You have it in the Class Groups section, when it should be in the Class Vehicles section.

If you do not have one, please use this as a reference of how to put one in your mission.sqm.

Code:
class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
    };
    class Vehicles
    {
        items=8;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={6141.9155,300.98511,7764.6313};
            //placement=70;
            id=1;
            side="EMPTY";
            vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
            text="dog1";
            init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[]={1766.7173,5.8767557,2211.48};
            //placement=70;
            id=2;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog2";
            init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];";
        };
        class Item2
        {
            position[]={3627.8162,6.9299998,2480.4895};
            //placement=70;
            id=3;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog3";
        };
        class Item3
        {
            position[]={4536.9912,5.9927816,2394.5864};
            //placement=70;
            id=4;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog4";
        };
        class Item4
        {
            position[]={6862.9141,5.9699998,3119.5625};
            //placement=70;
            id=5;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog5";
        };
        class Item5
        {
            position[]={10432.236,6.0003505,2398.645};
            //placement=70;
            id=6;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog6";
        };
        class Item6
        {
            position[]={13416.39,5.6741199,6254.0874};
            //placement=70;
            id=7;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog7";
        };
        class Item7
        {
            position[]={11956.598,53.990517,9178.7852};
            //placement=70;
            id=8;
            side="EMPTY";
            text="dog8";
        };
    };
    class Markers

Thx for your reply.

I've used this tutorial: http://opendayz.net/threads/simple-tutorial-dogs-on-taviana.11278/

Map Chernarus / Version 1.7.7 / Only other script that's on the server is Sarge A.I.

My first question is, beneath which class Vehicles in the mission.sqm do I put the code. There is a WEST with 100 items and a LOGIC with 1 item. I've tried them both with no succes. Example below. Here I put it in the WEST part (class Item100):

Code:
                class Item98
                {
                    position[]={-18724.063,379.76477,25897.805};
                    azimut=-17.0839;
                    id=91;
                    side="WEST";
                    vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
                    player="PLAY CDG";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';";
                };
                class Item99
                {
                    position[]={-18725.248,379.55328,25889.797};
                    azimut=-17.0839;
                    id=95;
                    side="WEST";
                    vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
                    player="PLAY CDG";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';";
                };
                class Item100 { position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272}; //placement=70; id=101; side="EMPTY"; vehicle="Land_psi_bouda"; text="dog_1"; init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];"; };

It gives the following error at startup: ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1280: /Mission/: Missing '}'

When I go to line 1280 I find this (the last }; is line 1280 and that's way below the dogs code):

Code:
class OutroLoose
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "chernarus"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "chernarus"
    };
    randomSeed=4975929;
    class Intel
    {
        startWeather=0.25;
        forecastWeather=0.25;
        year=2008;
        month=10;
        day=11;
        hour=9;
        minute=20;
    };
};

I get the same error if I put the code in the LOGIC part.

I've also tried it with creating a new vehicle class (EMPTY, since that's used in the given code):

Code:
class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
class Item2
        {
            side="EMPTY";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0 { position[]={6366.2749, 2331.3464, 1.5258789e-005}; //placement=70; id=300; side="EMPTY"; vehicle="Land_psi_bouda"; text="dog_1"; init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];"; };
            };
        };
    };

Get the same error.

Thx for helping out :)

You're fast :) Thx. I've put them in class class vehicle as far as I know.

Edit. Think I know what you mean. I'll look into it and get back with the results. Thx man!

Back